How much do you know about your fav's business?

• What do you think comes first for idols when signing contracts? 6

The result is only visible to the participants.

I see people praising some companies for treating their idols better and others for paying them well. But do those people really know the terms in their fav idols' contracts?

Groups like Kara performed so well in Korea and Japan, they sold out concerts and were only behind Snsd, but I was surprised when it was revealed that after her death, Goo Hara, the centre and most popular member had $ 5M after promoting for over 10 years.

Why do the idols from the big companies hardly re-sign when their contracts end? YG and JYP are rumored to pay well but many of their idols don't re-sign.

People say SM pays the least but somehow, it still has most of it's original senior idols right from the first generation!!! I wonder why they stay!?!? Who wants to stay and make less when they can make more after leaving?

For people like Yoona who can thrive under any label, why stay to have most of her money taken instead of leaving like Krystal did to a smaller label where the actress makes more than the company?

There's a lot that we don't know!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• sonemariam

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you know the money terms in your fav's contract?” to “How much do you know about your fav's business?”.
  • For my ultis

• The CEO of Beat Interactive build everything without having any money and she expressed a lot how she felt bad for the members of A.C.E since she couldn't even pay for food and so she was thankfull for every help she got to not make the members starve
    • Even tho she had no money the member said they got payed 200$ pocketmoney each month when they were trainees (200$ per member btw)
    • After they debuted and earned their first money she raised the number of money to give to the members each month by a lot and even made them move to a larger apartment
    • In 2020 Beat made enough money to be able to finally buy their own building since they had been in a basement before. Beat only was able to get hands on the building since the famous dance academy MILLION DANCE STUDIO sold their rooms and gave Beat a discount for taking some rooms of the building because they liked A.C.E a lot.
    • A.C.E didn't made much money since debut but it was still enough to go on multiple world tours and have a crap ton of different stage outfits aswell as very high quality looking MVs and stunning photoshoots (You really need to see their underwater photos!)
    • Some of the member also gained money by other income. Jun, Byeongkwan and Chan also work as actors. I think Byeongkwan only had a few small side-roles, Chan had a few bigger roles but I don't think he played a main character but also he didn't really played a side-role (it was something inbetween) and Jun played a main character in a drama. Besides this Byeongkwan also used to host different (mainly English) TV shows on ArirangTV.
    • The CEO of Beat dislikes the system on wich KPop runs wich was the intent for her to make her own company. She has a lot experiences with it since she used to work at Stone Entertainment before and even menaged to let YG look like a big big fool once since she was the reason that the show MIXNINE floped, so it is a bit different with her artists (She has 2 groups, 1 soloist and some trainees) but I'm not sure how different she exactly runs the company, but A.C.E mentioned that they respect and love her like an older sister and even love spending time with her daughter.

Thats all I can say 🤷‍♀️

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• impossible to know the inside baseball when it comes to those things. all you can really do is hope to never hear about some horrific scandal that involves your favs and their company in the news

• I don't know and likely never will know the truth of contacts/payments. Frankly I don't care either way, it's not my money and they seem to be enjoying their lives anyway.

• My fave benefited from debuting outside the Kpop business. He owns his own copyrights and trademarks, he owns his pseudonym, and I think he owns his masters. During the period in which he was with a Big 3 company, he had a Western-style contract in which he kept his intellectual property, but his company got 30% for distribution and promotion.

• My fave benefited from debuting outside the Kpop business. He owns his own copyrights and trademarks, he owns his pseudonym, and I think he owns his masters. During the period in which he was with a Big 3 company, he had a Western-style contract in which he kept his intellectual property, but his company got 30% for distribution and promotion.

Where do you get the money details from?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• All I know is they can buy houses in cash

That means they have a lot of money

True, but we don't know if most of the money they make is taken from them or not.

At least they can buy huge expensive homes.

• Some people find the process of doing business more difficult, some easier, but in any case, you need to put a lot of effort and work in order to succeed.

It's easier if you are very pretty.

• He owned his own music company before he joined YG, so it's easy to extrapolate that he owned everything else at the time. The YG information came from articles about his contract renewal in 2015.

Was he successful before signing to YG?

• i don`t know now, but a few years ago Sm had the power to ban artists they not longer support from all meddia and TV programs. Jessica was an example of that. Also many of SNSD members left, and they were SM golden girl group. They still get to promot all together under their group name, cos they left in good terms, but if SM didn`t like you, they put you in the frizzer like they did with F(x).

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• This is such an interesting topic. I think we often forget that these idols are signed into strict contracts that heavily dictate their lives.

True.

• what I know is that SHiNee has their own lawyer that negotiates on their behalf. They did mention that their contract is different from standard SM artists contract bc of that.

I hope they get to keep their advantage after all the bs is over or maybe even negotiate sth better.

External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!