UPDATE: SUSPICION 1- VIXX RAVI [Exclusive] Military Service Broker reveals that he has list of famous athletes and celebrities who he has helped getting exemption via shady practices

• 68B3CED7-7C71-4269-BE4D-C59222619B0D.jpegDD318EE6-5FEC-41CE-9ACC-711F8F0DBCFD.jpeg

[단독] "병역 브로커, 유명 병원장·연예인 이름 줄줄이 언급"
    병역 브로커 구 씨는 병역 면제에 성공한 유명 운동선수와 연예인들 명단까지 보여주면서 희망자를 모집한 걸로 드러났습니다. 특정 병원과의 유착 가능성도 제기되고 있습니다. 이어서 장동욱 기자가 보도합니다. [리포트]
    n.news.naver.com

• BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “[Exclusive] Military Service Broker reveals that he has list of famous athletes and celebrities who has gotten exemption via shady practices” to “[Exclusive] Military Service Broker reveals that he has list of famous athletes and celebrities who he has helped getting exemption via shady practices”.
  • My faves have fulfilled/will fulfill military conscription so I can breathe a sigh of relief. It actually wouldn't take that much work to figure out a list of celebrities that didn't fulfill it.

I think military conscription in Korea will be abolished in our lifetime. Maybe in 10 years.

But the current presidential administration in Korea is conservative and I believe they'll put even more restrictions to ensure mandatory enlistment is fulfilled, at least in the next few years.

One thing I did hear when he first took office was that the age system was going away and they'd use the international system across the board. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• wouldn't the broker himself also be in trouble?

Anyway it will be intresting

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wow. How shocking. Let me get this straight. Those men who are wealthy threw their money to game the system, paid a broker to give them advantages to avoid military service with fake and phony medical records/doctors excuses, including the president of SK and his family.

• Can someone make a list of which celebrities, artists and athletes were exempted? I only know Son Heung Min was exempted, but it's actually legit so he's not included in this shady list.

• Tbh it didn’t even cross my mind that there would be administrative brokers for this but it makes sense. It’s just wild.

This was common to us it's the reason chaebols get exempted money talks. As for the celebs? Yes they are burned forever. We don't take kindly to cheating. This was one of the reasons exemptions and whole BTS exemption got soo much flak because in the past celebrities and idols got favoritism in the military that's where the whole its a vacation came from. But thing's changed alot and Isn't as corrupt as it used to be. This whistleblower coming out brings out the past and most people here in Korea will be very unforgiving of the people mentioned regardless of who they might be

• Turned out to be VIXX's Ravi. The #1 story on Naver currently.

star news

Public interest with a false diagnosis?.. Ravi involved in military service corruption... agency 'cut off contact' [Star Issue]

0003120826_001_20230112153001240.jpg?type=w430view original

/Photo = Reporter Kang Min-seok msphoto94@It is said that Ravi of the boy group VIXX was involved in a corruption scandal to avoid military service using a false diagnosis of epilepsy.

The Kyunghyang Shinmun reported on the 12th that a group of brokers who were arrested for evading military service advertised their performance saying that a famous idol rapper was exempted from military service through him.

According to this media, it was revealed that one party of brokers was falsely diagnosed with epilepsy at a designated hospital, and then, based on this, received a military service exemption or military service grade adjustment. In the process, a situation was also discovered in which the broker's daily party took over 100 million won from the client.

It is known that among the clients who have been exempted from military service through them are celebrities, children of the legal profession, and famous idol rappers. In particular, it was revealed that the brokers used the case of rapper A, who was a former idol, as a means of publicity. During the consultation process, the broker was reported to have said, "Mr. A also received the 4th grade through me."

Mr. A was designated as Ravi. Ravi got off from KBS 2TV's entertainment program '1 Night 2 Days' in May of last year, entered the training center in October of that year, and has been performing alternative military service as a social worker. Ravi's agency, Groovlin, is currently silent and does not receive contact from reporters.

Reporter Yoon Seong-yeol bogo109@mt.co.kr

Sports Chosun

Ravi, suspicion of idol rapper in 'military service corruption'... agency 'out of contact'

2023011301000830800100981_20230112153604764.jpg?type=w430view original

[Sports Chosun.com Reporter Lee Joo-joo] Vicks Ravi is under suspicion that he was exempted from military service through a military service broker.

On the 12th, the Kyunghyang Shinmun reported that a group of brokers who were arrested for evading military service advertised that they had lowered the body ratings of celebrities and children of the legal profession. This group of brokers is accused of taking over 100 million won by falsifying symptoms such as epilepsy and getting a military service exemption or military service grade adjustment. Among the 100 or so clients who were exempted from military service through them, celebrities such as sports players, children of high-ranking officials, and famous idol rappers were included. In particular, they are known to have promoted the case of Mr. A, saying, "The rapper, Mr. A, also received the 4th grade through me."

As a result, suspicion that Mr. A was Ravi arose. Ravi got off from KBS2's '2 Days & 1 Night' last year to enlist in the military, and enlisted as a social worker in October of the same year for health reasons.

Amidst the controversy, Ravi's agency, Groovlin, has not been able to contact him.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “[Exclusive] Military Service Broker reveals that he has list of famous athletes and celebrities who he has helped getting exemption via shady practices” to “UPDATE: SUSPICION 1- VIXX RAVI [Exclusive] Military Service Broker reveals that he has list of famous athletes and celebrities who he has helped getting exemption via shady practices”.
  • I mean, you’d be hard pressed to find a country with mandatory military services, where the wealthy don’t find a way to game the system, so this isn’t unique to SK or a crazy amount of corruption lol.

I think idols just do it less, because they are super public figures versus a CEO’s son that no one has heard of.

Another thing someone pointed out, was idols tend to do public service for their military service (probably at a higher rate than normal people). It’s possible this could be seen as a sign of corruption also, but im saying this without actual proof on rates, just from what i see.

• This is why people doubt when so many idols get public service. Wealthy, very physically fit men who all of a sudden have a bunch of debilitating "health conditions." Smh at this dude possibly faking a diagnosis.

• It is the same here in Singapore, it is very easy to get an expensive private doctor to write an overexaggerated report about your health so you are not serving in frontline combat unit but I wonder how did they literally helped these people to ''exempt'' military...

• NGL, I was kinda confused when Ravi got public service because he's never seemed to have any issues that would mean he can't fulfil regular service. But then again I don't follow him closely and only know like two songs tbh.

It really is going to be over for a lot of idols if their names are released and it's confirmed...

• Suga with two surgeries to his shoulder gets flack because of the BTS hate boner kpop stans have but then there are countless 93/94 idols who has never had a serious injury doing public service/opting for public sservice and extending their stay even though they don't qualify for both.

• It is the same here in Singapore, it is very easy to get an expensive private doctor to write an overexaggerated report about your health so you are not serving in frontline combat unit but I wonder how did they literally helped these people to ''exempt'' military...

Yet that boy who got into some soccer team wasn’t allowed to get exemption. Didn’t know it was easy in Singapore otherwise.

• Yet that boy who got into some soccer team wasn’t allowed to get exemption. Didn’t know it was easy in Singapore otherwise.

It is almost impossible to exempt here unless you are disabled or would be serving long term in jail at young age but very easy to get what we call a down pes here, Pes A-B is combat fit while C and E is combat unfit duties, this is what I meant.. Even our national Olympics winner are not exempted from serving military..

• It is almost impossible to exempt here unless you are disabled or would be serving long term in jail at young age but very easy to get what we call a down pes here, Pes A-B is combat fit while C and E is combat unfit duties, this is what I meant.. Even our national Olympics winner are not exempted from serving military..

I know lol. I live in Singapore too. My friend had spine issues so he was not able to serve in combat fit but I didn’t know some faked it haha

• So he did serve, but falsified papers to say he had epilepsy? Just trying to figure out what exactly happened. Isn't public service still considered serving? I mean it's still fraud, but it's not exactly the same as having been "exempted" right? Or am I confused and public service is not considered military service?

• So he did serve, but falsified papers to say he had epilepsy? Just trying to figure out what exactly happened. Isn't public service still considered serving? I mean it's still fraud, but it's not exactly the same as having been "exempted" right? Or am I confused and public service is not considered military service?

Yeah I am confused as well lol.. I was wondering how they get ''exempted'' without serving since I believe SK is really strict in this..

• I think it might be true, which is quite disappointing. Ravi was part of the 1N2D cast for at least a year before his enlistment, I always wondered why and how he got to serve in public service when he was super active during that show..

• This thread contains 56 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!