Do you think JYP pay less for Stray Kids as producers than they would pay for another producer do the same thing as them?

• I've been thinking about It recently. It's a well known fact even for noobs like me that album sales' money is divided between the company, the physical production and distribuction costs, the interprets, the song makers etc.

But then you have Stray Kids in a company like JYP that is desesperate to profit over album sales and music in general, since It's their only area they gain money from...

Do you think It's possible, according to their contract, JYP pay less for them for doing in their songs (writing, composing, arranging, instruments, recording engineering, digital editing, computer programming etc) than they would pay for other producers do the same in their music, since they are idols from the company?

Or there's a law they have to pay the same or smth?

:sehunthinking:

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• As i also know nothing about it i think yes, like they were rookies and everybody knows how rookies's contracts are way more beneficial to the company.

Maaan, If It's happening, I believe they will ask a bigger % for contract renew. They do so much in their music and are as profissional as someone who only works in that field. It's only fair.

:Leeseo37:

• Maaan, If It's happening, I believe they will ask a bigger % for contract renew. They do so much in their music and are as profissional as someone who only works in that field. It's only fair.

:Leeseo37:

Seeing how they actually "succeed" with their own music i believe they'll say "give us more % bitches, we are doing the job right!!!" Kkkkkkk

• i guess if other producers are more experienced/have more achievements (grammys etc) they may charge more than the skz guys?

most famous producers charge an upfront fees regardless of the song's performance while smaller ones rely on royalties only to make money

i've heard some small producers complain about not getting paid at all by labels for months even after making the music so those producers are obviously not getting any upfront fees before producing music

• I obviously don't know anything about the Korean legal system, but I doubt there is any legislated minimum rate for royalties and the like.

So yes, it's probably possible.

• Seeing how they actually "succeed" with their own music i believe they'll say "give us more % bitches, we are doing the job right!!!" Kkkkkkk

I don't think It helps most of them were minors when the contract was signed (only Bang Chan, Lee Know and maybe Changbin weren't). I don't know If them or parents pay that much attention to it, they probably just wanted to follow their dreams.

• i guess if other producers are more experienced/have more achievements (grammys etc) they may charge more than the skz guys?

most famous producers charge an upfront fees regardless of the song's performance while smaller ones rely on royalties only to make money

i've heard some small producers complain about not getting paid at all by labels for months even after making the music so those producers are obviously not getting any upfront fees before producing music

Interesting take, tete.

What you said about small producers is true. It's sad how privilege works even in that field.

:exit-pepe:

• I don't think It helps most of them were minors when the contract was signed (only Bang Chan, Lee Know and maybe Changbin weren't). I don't know If them or parents pay that much attention to it, they probably just wanted to follow their dreams.

When the debut chance appeared they thought "better sign fast so we can start something" and now that the something is doing great they may think "prepare yourselves company, we are changing things!!" Kkkkk

• I do think rates will be cheaper with them, since they’re considered in house producers. So said contract and job might include production along with all their other work… but regardless, I just care whether they maintain rights of all their self-produced stuff after leaving the company, which will seem to be the case

:flower-cutie:

JYP transfered all trademark rights of GOT7 to the members with no problems. I don't think Stray Kids members will have any problems with it either.

Waiting for my Company stan moment when they set their own

:Gaeul5:

• Being JYP, they probably try to finesse them, especially because they are in their first contract, but I believe they still make more money from album/music sales than your average idol, since they have a lot of credits on the songs.

• it depends on the contract I guess but if JYP pays less because the contract says they can pay less then although it does seem unfair to the members but they legally agreed to it right?

I mean from JYPE's perspective you try to maximise the most profits from your artists right whilst paying them enough so they don't complain or whatever so from their perspective if one could pay them less than other producers why not?

from SKZ's perspective of course if they were getting paid less then it would be very unfair so if I were them I would be fighting for greater transparency

at the end of the day unless either party can show some illegality in the contracts they signed...all's fair in love and war no?

• Being JYP, they probably try to finesse them, especially because they are in their first contract, but I believe they still make more money from album/music sales than your average idol, since they have a lot of credits on the songs.

Definitely not on digitals tho. None of their songs are hits. And their company gets the lion share in album sales.

• Well, yes, you are right. I don't think they are doing anything illegally, of course.

As I said to Mona, when the contract was signed, almost all of them were minors and I think hardly in the first contract idols or their parents make this kind of request. So If It isn't a company's politic to pay equally, then they aren't receiving equally.

The main priority for the members must be finally debuting and just in the contract renew, when they are already seniors and proved their value to the company, things might be different.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!