Do you sometimes not understand what the fuck Korea wants?

• "Cute songs." "Koreans like cute songs." "For a song to go viral, chances are higher when it's cute." "Korea GP eats up cute songs".

Ok, then why was this debut not more successful???

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They had EVERYTHING, Japanese member, foreign line, visual who looked like baby Seolhyun, that extra push from Aoa fame, good promotions. Everything and it led to nothing. They are still in the depths of nugudom. They had decentish album sales for a debut but it never picked up.

I cannot understand why this song was not a bigger hit. It's the epitome of cute. If you take a baby panda and stuff it with sugar till it explodes then pick up it's remains, it would be this song. That's how much of a testament to cute concept it is. All that for nothing :cryingr: The baby panda suicide bombed itself for no reason. What value was all that cuteness if it didn't lead to successs? :angryr:

To make things more confusing, the year before Bingle Bangle was released. It was a massive hit, one of AOA's biggest.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

One of my FAVOURITE AOA songs (just mentioning AOA at this point saddens me, so many bops, such a good run until tragedy struck :emotionalpepe:).

What confuses you about Korean GP?

• this. it is infuriating to me. i'm starting to feel similarly about Lightsum.

Don't even talk to me about Lightsum. HOW cube, were you not able to build off Gidle's fame? I will say this though, I have a feeling we are going to get a Miniskirt 2.0. If cube really went to the effort of kicking out it's underage members then we better be getting something good ;judgingpepe:

• Don't even talk to me about Lightsum. HOW cube, were you not able to build off Gidle's fame? I will say this though, I have a feeling we are going to get a Miniskirt 2.0. If cube really went to the effort of kicking out it's underage members then we better be getting something good ;judgingpepe:

Miniskirt 2.0 would take them straight to stardom. follow it up with Short Hair 2.0? then Like a Cat 2.0? after that is Heart Attack 2.0? and of course they'll have some cuteness left in them so an AOA Cream 2.0 (yes ik it's not the same company but still), and then Good Luck 2.0, only to be followed by Excuse Me 2.0 and Bing Bing 2.0. perfection.

Edited once, last by FeLiNa ().

• Cherry Bullets puts out bops, but the public just do not like them, it happens.

• Miniskirt 2.0 would take them straight to stardom. follow it up with Short Hair 2.0? then Like a Cat 2.0? after that is Heart Attack 2.0? and of course they'll have some cuteness left in them so an AOA Cream 2.0 (yes ik it's not the same company but still), and then Excuse Me 2.0 and Bing Bing 2.0. perfection.

Ah thank you so much for this comment as an Elvis this took me to a trip through memory lane:nervousk:

Although I do notice you didn't mention Good Luck ;judgingpepe:

BUT LOL it's ok I was never a fan of Good Luck and it is one of Aoa's weaker songs.

Now the Mamamoo version on the other hand....

• Another shitty company? What happened this time...? ;(

I like Cherry Bullet's songs too!

One of the most god awful companies to exist in Kpop. They pushed Chanmi into severe depression, hid her phone, and underpaid all of AOA. Just thinking of them pisses me off.

Infact it is time we have some AOA appreciation in this thread:

20140620_seoulbeats_AOA.jpg

:pathead: They were perfection

FNC basically gave up on them. They barely promote them and they don't comeback often enough.

After their first comeback they were put on a near 300 day hiatus. FNC tended to poorly promote their comebacks, you have members leaving, solo activities such as web dramas weren't promoted. They aren't really included often with FNC family events. They get no seasons greetings unlike their other groups.

From recent memory, you'd think they'd use the clout some of the members kind of got from appearing on gp999 and start promoting them a lot more. But Love In Space took awhile to come out and like... nothing much happened after that. wtf are they doing?

Love In Space was 9 months ago. Meanwhile this year, my faves P1harmony had not just 1, not just 2, but 3 comebacks. SF9 isn't nearly as active but they had a comeback 4 months ago.

And I get it. Piwon brings in the money. They are my ults I love and adore them to the heavens and back. But if they could just take even a quarter of the careful planning and effort they put on them on to their other groups, especially cherry bullet, those groups could grow so much.

The last music thing they did recently was this special single that feature some of the members with members of other fnc groups... that's really the closest to a real comeback.

These are all bullet points. I would recommend reading this article for greater depth on their history. But yeah fnc just doesn't give a shit. and it suck.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Three members of Cherry Bullet went on Girl's Planet 999 and did well. Bora even made it to the final episode.

FNC did absolutely nothing to build on that attention and hype. Just let them fade back into nugudom.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• It's a a five step program with less popular groups at medium sized companies unfortunately.

1. Debut a new group to mediocre success

2. Release a comeback to mediocre results again

3. Delay the release of the next comeback to focus on more successful group(s).

4. When they release their comeback, the group's comeback achieves the same level of success as before.

5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until the group disbands.

However, FNC isn't the worst offender of this. I'll still never forgive DSP Media for what they did to A-Jax. Those guys deserved so much better. I don't understand why DSP didn't decide to just disband them rather than lock them in the dungeon until their contracts terminated like why are you wasting your own money?

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• 1. if a nugu (or lesser known) group has a really good song but nobody listens to it, it is still a good song?

2. the Korean GP is a fickle creature

3. "good" and "bad" are subjective - and not the measure of the successfulness of the song/album

• I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING ONE, FIXED!

it was one of my faves idk how i forgot i was too focused on going in order lol. and i'm also an Elvis!

the mamamoo cover omfg!

• to go viral as a nugu: you need 3 things (what i've observed as someone who ults a nugu girlgroup with all of the componants: member on hiatus for 2 years, member left, long time between comebacks, overshadowing popularity of one member)

1. quiry/weirdass song

examples

(i'm pretty sure as wasn't exactly nugu but it counts)

(it went viral in korea leave me be)

2. very pretty/very talented/standout member

Momoland's JooE gives honest thoughts on the criticism about her looks |  allkpop

pasted-from-clipboard.jpg

Hani (singer) - Wikipedia

3-luck (self explanatory there's plenty of nugus with all of these things that do not go viral and disbanded soon)

• The mistake you and everyone else makes is trying to understand what another human wants. Korean, Japanese, American. None of us makes any sense. You might as well be reading tea leaves or tarot cards. :boompepe:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!