What contents are most important for the stanning of your bias group(s)? i.e music/perf, reality + variety shows/lives etc

• I’m aware that music and performances are overall the main reason many of us stan our fave groups…

However, being a K-pop stan is so much more than just consuming the music. When stanning a group, it’s also the reality contents/shows/lives, the variety show appearances, the modelling gigs, the acting gigs etc.

For me:

Blackpink: 85% music and performances and 15% for other contents.

BP doesn’t have a lot of reality content in comparison to other groups, but the little they do have, I really really enjoy.

Especially some of their shows like blackpink house, light up the sky, blackpink diaries, 24/365 with black pink etc.

I also love their vlogs, especially on my bias Jennie’s channel. It seems a lot more personal. I consider the other content as really important too because it shows me the kind of people they are, and their overall dynamic together. It makes me want to support them even more!

NewJeans: NJ is still a very new group but they already have a lot of YouTube content, and I love all of it. Just on the basis that they are a rookie group, I’d say atm it’s 93% music and 7% other contents at the moment.

Red velvet: I have sadly not checked out much of their other contents (I plan too!) for me, my stanning of RV is mainly for the music and performances. So 98% music, 2% other contents.

• anti-hero

Changed the title of the thread from “What contents are most important for the stanning of bias group(s) i.e music/perf, reality + variety shows/lives etc” to “What contents are most important for the stanning of your bias group(s)? i.e music/perf, reality + variety shows/lives etc”.
  • Music 100%. I love and enjoy their content but the reason I fell for them and keep loving them is the music first and foremost. The content and performances are like the whipped cream and sprinkles.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Performance is the most important thing for me. “Music” tbh is a bit vague and this is just pop music. I know everyone thinks their favs are the second coming of Mozart but the truth is it’s all not that different from each other.

The performance i.e how the group takes the song and interprets it and puts on a show is what makes the difference for me for “stanning” (casually I can listen to any music tbh as long as it’s catchy but to actually invest in a group it’s the performance.)

I stanned EXO because I happened to watch the concert DVD of their concert. Without it I don’t think I would have stanned them.

• 100% Music and Performances.

Performances such their Fake Love Cover, Lion and PiS Nightmare Queendom Performance means they'll forever by one of the few Kpop groups I actually care about.

That the pull off this stuff always when given the appropriate stage (2022 MMA awards), utterly unique, creative, captivating stages that give off themes and ideas no other group comes close with.

Which group lets themselves smear lipstick, be covered in mud, and generally put the music and concept before solely just looking pretty for the cameras? Only Idle.

• 90% because of the music, I don't really watch any stage performances honestly. And 10% because of their variety contents. It's easier to get into the groups if they have really enjoyable side contents.

• I don't think saying "music" or "performance" etc really describe stanning for me. For me to stan, I have to be captivated. That tackles a number of these things like yes I must like the music, yes I need to like their performances, but it's also the sense I get about them as people, do they make me laugh/feel happy/enjoy watching, do they make me want to follow their activities. If I am captivated, I will stan.

There are lots of groups with great music and great stages that I don't stan - they just haven't drawn me in yet - and that could mean I haven't watched enough contents, or I just don't jive.

• for me it's not just about the music - I can listen to music from anybody whether it's kpop or otherwise

some will good (to me) and some won't but the reason why I am a fan of a group in most cases is because of the members.

In particular their personalities the way they bounce off each other and the group cohesion (or at least what they show on camera)

• Music comes first to me then personality. I stan groups primarily for music, but if I find the members completely boring I wouldn't describe myself as a stan. I'm not going to throw anyone's groups under the bus but I have tried to get into some and watched interviews/variety shows and have just been like ...... yawn. They were all nice boys/girls but damn were they boring.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!