Hybe is following YG's footsteps in "fake it to make it marketing"?

• The way they are trying to make their new boy groups seems huge by selling gazillion album version at cheap price is just amazing. For how long can they maintain it?

Now it is no secret that Ikon and the most infamous example of how YG's "fake it to make it" failed. Winner didn't get particularly big either, but at least they got a pretty decent recognition in Korea. However Ikon with all that push and mediaplay didn't make any waves, neither in Korea, nor outside. No matter how many times YG tried to paint them as the next huge thing, it didn't bring any results. Even hit songs didn't help.

Now this brings us to Hybe and their Enhypen. Nobody seems to care about this group yet they are multimillion seller. TXT is more like Winner, they are successful but they aren't an industry leading boy group. Now you are gonna say "But Dreamer, look at all those concerts, are they bots?". Well didn't Ikon have like a Dome concert? Didn't they also tour a lot? The question here is how. YG was baiting a lot of VIPs in Japan into Ikon concerts, meanwhile Hybe bgs massively baits Armys. That will only work until a certain point. For now Stray Kids have a very comfortable lead while Ateez is basically competing with both Hybe groups as equal and beating them in certain areas. That's obviously not on par with Hybe's expectations.

• The way they are trying to make their new boy groups seems huge by selling gazillion album version at cheap price is just amazing. For how long can they maintain it?

Now it is no secret that Ikon and the most infamous example of how YG's "fake it to make it" failed. Winner didn't get particularly big either, but at least they got a pretty decent recognition in Korea. However Ikon with all that push and mediaplay didn't make any waves, neither in Korea, nor outside. No matter how many times YG tried to paint them as the next huge thing, it didn't bring any results. Even hit songs didn't help.

Now this brings us to Hybe and their Enhypen. Nobody seems to care about this group yet they are multimillion seller. TXT is more like Winner, they are successful but they aren't an industry leading boy group. Now you are gonna say "But Dreamer, look at all those concerts, are they bots?". Well didn't Ikon have like a Dome concert? Didn't they also tour a lot? The question here is how. YG was baiting a lot of VIPs in Japan into Ikon concerts, meanwhile Hybe bgs massively baits Armys. That will only work until a certain point. For now Stray Kids have a very comfortable lead while Ateez is basically competing with both Hybe groups as equal and beating them in certain areas. That's obviously not on par with Hybe's expectations.

I like Stray Kids but let's not compare them to TXT at least. TXT has album sales and digital sales are good to especially in Korea. They chart well in Korea and globally. SKZ still can't crack digital market internationally (BBHot100 or bubbling under and other digital Billboard charts) and they are not digital charting well at all in SK esp. on Melon.

Enhypen is doing good, too but yeah I don't see them leading the pack any time soon.

Unfortunately for IKON, they lost their leader/producer/song writer in B.I. and the scandal affecting them a lot in SK, too. They were never able to recover from that much. Also Bobby becoming a father has lost them some devoted fans.

• I like Stray Kids but let's not compare them to TXT at least. TXT has album sales and digital sales are good to especially in Korea. They chart well in Korea and globally. SKZ still can't crack digital market internationally (BBHot100 or bubbling under and other digital Billboard charts) and they are not digital charting well at all in SK esp. on Melon.

Enhypen is doing good, too but yeah I don't see them leading the pack any time soon.

Unfortunately for IKON, they lost their leader/producer/song writer in B.I. and the scandal affecting them a lot in SK, too. They were never able to recover from that much. Also Bobby becoming a father has lost them some devoted fans.

I don't know why people like to pretend there's a relevant gap between boygroups' charting in Korea.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't know why people like to pretend there's a relevant gap between boygroups' charting in Korea.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

TXT has released less song as SKZ this year. They are coming back in Jan tho. SKZ has released way more songs then most BGs this year. Comparison is not valid either. Wait for TXT to cb. Also we are talking about charting Melon. TXT is always charting high on Korean charts compare to SKZ.

• TXT has released less song as SKZ this year. They are coming back in Jan tho. SKZ has released way more songs then most BGs this year. Comparison is not valid either. Wait for TXT to cb. Also we are talking about charting Melon. TXT is always charting high on Korean charts compare to SKZ.

I don't know what amount of songs have to do what I posted, since the metric is the charting/points index of title tracks on the Circle Digital Chart, a korean chart, gathering all domestic plataforms, including melon.

Even If SKZ just released Case 143 or just Maniac, there wouldn't be any relevant difference here.

• TXT has released less song as SKZ this year. They are coming back in Jan tho. SKZ has released way more songs then most BGs this year. Comparison is not valid either. Wait for TXT to cb. Also we are talking about charting Melon. TXT is always charting high on Korean charts compare to SKZ.

The Boyz also only had one comeback this year and are second on that list and Treasure had two comebacks like Stray Kids and are fifth so idk what the amount of comebacks has to do with anything.

• I think you're selling Ikon a little short here. Internationally they might be flops, and they've definitely lost most of their hype despite coming out with a banger this year, but back in the day they actually had THREE songs reach #1 on Melon Daily. That's the same total as Blackpink (DDDD, Whistle, HYLT) and only one less than BTS who has had four (Butter, BWL, Dyna, and i think Fake Love). Yes you read that right.

melondaily.jpeg

This is only current till last year Sept but YTC, MU, Shut Down and Pink Venom never reached #1 on Melon Daily. Ikon's My Type and Apology both managed it, plus Love Scenario of course.

• I like Stray Kids but let's not compare them to TXT at least. TXT has album sales and digital sales are good to especially in Korea. They chart well in Korea and globally. SKZ still can't crack digital market internationally (BBHot100 or bubbling under and other digital Billboard charts) and they are not digital charting well at all in SK esp. on Melon.

Maniac actually entered the Bubbling Under

• wdym cheap albums? let's not pretend as if Hybe bgs are on the gg level of cheap albums.

Let's compare their recent releases then,

Ateez The World EP.1: Movement Album Set (3 albums) - $69.70

Enhypen Manifesto: Day 1 Set (3 albums) - $66.99

TXT minisode 2: Thursday's Child 4th Mini Album Set (3 albums) - $64.99

Stray Kids Maxindent Standard Edtion Album Set (2 albums)- $53.77

There's literally not much difference at all. So where do we go from here? If you state something be sure to provide proof to support your claims and not just useless talks.

Don't be like this:

e59eb5d503b0f756ebf43f6da031940712fdaa1cf02d9695a117a3acff7293ad_1.jpg

• Now this brings us to Hybe and their Enhypen. Nobody seems to care about this group yet they are multimillion seller.

My flop faves they need more support to be known :drinktears:

FhufQRqaYAED5kP.jpg

FiOUmfwaEAESPcM.jpg

CONNECT | DISCOVER | GROW

-ENHYPEN-

Edited 2 times, last by ktnaaa ().

• Since when did you start to care about Hybe boy groups? Did you run out of things to post about Blackpink?

No one cares about Enhypen? What do you know about them? This was the day of their comeback, doesn't seem like no one cares.

2022-07-04_18-17-51.png

They have many achievements exclusive to them in 4th gen, the fastest boy group and the 2nd fastest group to sell 1M copies with one album, the fastest group to reach 1B streams on Spotify, beating Twice btw despite the fact Twice created their profile in 2018. I suggest you don't talk about things you know nothing about.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Speaking of Hybe BG, I came across this dance video of a new group. It’s quite good, the synchronisation is satisfying to watch and why no one is talking about them? Which label is this group, I know it’s not Bighit.

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!