WHAT did i tell you? and of course i was right

• you guys really tried to clown me and say i didn’t have enough faith in yg. that 2020 showed “they changed”

no. it’s just like i said. 2020 was not extra content. it was not more effort to the girls. we went twice as long as our normal hiatus so we got twice as much content when it came. that’s it. the company still hates the girls and i know they’re leaving asap

i told everyone that the mini album would be 2 songs with the other 2 tracks being instrumentals or maybe an instrumental and acoustic version. you guys really tried to tell me i was wrong.

and now look. -r- is 2 tracks. and 2 more which are the instrumentals.

watch yg charge an ep price on music services instead is a single album price because the instrumentals make it an ep. money hungry company just milking the cash cows again (aka any and all bp members)

this is just my little rant about you guys overestimating yg and telling me i was being pessimistic. they never changed. we didn’t get the content we deserved in 2019 so they caught up in 2020 as to not “suffer” more from blinks demands and action for the girls. that’s it.

this solo promotion and release for the debut of rosé is.... predictable. maybe some of you who been praising yg since the summer of 2020 will realize how foolish that was lol “the album” wasn’t for us. it wasn’t for the girls. it was to get blinks to leave yg alone about more comebacks and pull in a ton of $$ that their other acts can’t possibly get with touring out of the question.

now.... back to looking at the bright side and making this the most iconic debut of any solo woman in kpop! let’s go rosé stans! we will be buying and streaming like there’s no tomorrow.

and on the bright side (for anyone who needs it)

our streams will be like x4 higher than we expected since it’s only one new song! the success of on the ground will be amplified due to the lack of other songs. all of our focus and attention and time can go to streaming it and not a whole ep. and we do still have gone, at least! and at the end of the day, we’ll either get tons of solo promotions for rosé within the next two years or she’ll leave yg and do all that queen shit and success and releasing music and stuff without being held back and not allowed.

one day at a time, fellow clowns :pepe-clown-gear: :pepe-toast:

• I don't think anyone actually believed YG changed. She waited for so long to only release 2 songs. Bp always getting the least when it comes to music content.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• I don't think anyone actually believed YG changed. She waited for so long to only release 2 songs. Bp always getting the least when it comes to music content.

trust me, they did.

i pointed out that we usually wait 9 months for 4 songs, including a mv. i pointed out that we went 18 months before the album so 8 songs with 2 mvs wasn’t anything more than usual. the only “extra” was the disastrous selena collab (and i’m pretty sure that was a fairly last minute inclusion. given how the album got pushed out by another full month)

the literally attacked me. the whole thread had maybe 2 blinks agreeing with me. everyone else defended yg and said i was wrong and looking for negatives. how is that wrong? lol it’s just math.

now the promo and songs for rosé solo debut is proving that even further. i hope they feel stupid now.

• I agree. Let's do our best!! Go all out :peperich: . This is probably her first and last solo in yg.

when she does her starts releasing singles for her first solo project in early 2024 (after leaving yg) >>>>>>>>

(same for all of the girls but we’re talking about rosie right now)

no amount of negotiating contracts will soothe the bad blood there. especially jennie and rosé have been done for a long time, i think. it’s not like they need yg lol

at this point, the members are bigger than that company. the work that they could get is not depending on yg anymore. and they know that. i have no doubt that rosé knows the amount of support she’ll get even after yg. she’ll go to some company or label (maybe not even in korea) and continue to be a global pop star

• This is definitely Rosé's first and last solo in YG. Blinks should go all out and ensure she has enough success/popularity to make a strong career for herself when she's finally free from that shitty company

• let it all out tbh. 2 songs are not enough for sure. But hey it is what it is. Yg won't just churn out songs for blackpink that's concrete now. This title track has to be incredible to compensate for the lack of songs.

• Agreed. YG is still doing the bare minimum. That is why I have always said I will only believe the solos exist when I see them. I hope Lisa and Jisoo do get theirs, but I think people expecting them both this year are being way too optimistic. The fact we were led to believe Rosé was getting a mini but now we know she is only having two songs says it all. The promo has been a joke too.

Besides, one of the reasons last year was better than normal for BP was because they couldn't tour due to Covid, so YG had no choice but to give us a bit more content.

• This is definitely Rosé's first and last solo in YG. Blinks should go all out and ensure she has enough success/popularity to make a strong career for herself when she's finally free from that shitty company

sadly, realistic. but opportunistic.

this is the energy we need to get rosie everything she deserves. and we will. the contract ends in late 2023 so after needing time to work and make music with her new company (or label. maybe she’ll come to US or aussie again) so sometime in 2024 we can get another rosie single! we just have to really push -r- and on the ground and gone HARD for the next couple years.

2023 <- freedom!

2024 <- new music from the sweet angel

• let it all out tbh. 2 songs are not enough for sure. But hey it is what it is. Yg won't just churn out songs for blackpink that's concrete now. This title track has to be incredible to compensate for the lack of songs.

we will go hard asf for rosie. this is her solo debut and just like with any solo debut, we’ll do everything to make it successful. we just know ahead of time.... the hiatus she’ll take is like 3 years....

but that’s 3 years to stream, buy, promote, etc. and if i know rosie, my smart queen, she’s writing lyrics RIGHT NOW for when she’s out of that company

• Agreed. YG is still doing the bare minimum. That is why I have always said I will only believe the solos exist when I see them. I hope Lisa and Jisoo do get theirs, but I think people expecting them both this year are being way too optimistic. The fact we were led to believe Rosé was getting a mini but now we know she is only having two songs says it all. The promo has been a joke too.

Besides, one of the reasons last year was better than normal for BP was because they couldn't tour due to Covid, so YG had no choice but to give us a bit more content.

THISTHISTHIS!!!!

it is the bare minimum and my fear is that lisa won’t get a solo until 2022-2023 and jisoo won’t get one at all. but that’s just being realistic to me. jennie solo debut was in 2018 and rose was supposed to be 2019 but it was pushed back to 2021. so “lisa in 2021” sounds like “lisa in 2023” to me, which sounds like no jisoo solo debut.

and bp might go another year and a half without a cb just for a full album or we’ll get a mini (my theory) in the fall. cause yg will need the $$.

• The girls will extend their contract.

only a fool would believe that.

jennie has been especially outspoken about her anger at yg for the mistreatment. lisa was scammed out of how much money by her manager?????? rosé, lisa, and jisoo solos pushed out by YEARS. lisa isn’t allowed to show her face on friends cameras and her name has a copyright on it. and the list just keeps going.

they don’t need yg. and they don’t want yg. i’m sure they’ll miss parts of it, but i have 0 doubt in my mind that at least 2/4 girls will leave. most likely 3/4 or 4/4. and they’ll do better outside that company than in it. and be happier and free to express themselves creatively.

• only a fool would believe that.

jennie has been especially outspoken about her anger at yg for the mistreatment. lisa was scammed out of how much money by her manager?????? rosé, lisa, and jisoo solos pushed out by YEARS. lisa isn’t allowed to show her face on friends cameras and her name has a copyright on it. and the list just keeps going.

they don’t need yg. and they don’t want yg. i’m sure they’ll miss parts of it, but i have 0 doubt in my mind that at least 2/4 girls will leave. most likely 3/4 or 4/4. and they’ll do better outside that company than in it. and be happier and free to express themselves creatively.

Also only a fool believe that they will fare better if they out of YG. The will not able to use evwrything associated with BP. You tremendously overlooked Teddy's contribution.

Let just wait for 2023 and see who is right. BP is currently a money making machine for YG and the girls. Anyway, its better to have BP beyond 2023 than nothing. History has proved you will never be as successful/popular when you outside of your group. If there is anyone, please tell me.

• only a fool would believe that.

Exactly, there are so many things that have happened that mean I certainly won’t be surprised if they don’t renew. Obviously they all love being together as a 4, but there is only so much you can go through and not get tired of it. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens!

• Also only a fool believe that they will fare better if they out of YG. The will not able to use evwrything associated with BP. You tremendously overlooked Teddy's contribution.

Let just wait for 2023 and see who is right. BP is currently a money making machine for YG and the girls. Anyway, its better to have BP beyond 2023 than nothing. History has proved you will never be as successful/popular when you outside of your group. If there is anyone, please tell me.

Exactly. People said the same about Big bang, that they are bigger than the company and should leave, given the shitty treatment. And yet, Big bang resigned multiple times with YG. There's definitely something that YG could provide to them that they couldnt do it themselves (not producing only cause GD is good at that).

I know they will resign, i just don't think after Lisa and Jisoo get theirs and Jennie's gets her mini, we will get any solo music from them again, until they leave YG.

I was also hoping for some subunits, but that is definitely dead in the water

• Also only a fool believe that they will fare better if they out of YG. The will not able to use evwrything associated with BP. You tremendously overlooked Teddy's contribution.

NOPE! all of this is wrong lol so much so that it’s laughable.

the members of blackpink all have higher brand reputation than yg. and their deals and endorsements, etc. may run through yg but if the girls leave... they won’t just use another yg artist. lol the contract ends because the asset left, then they’ll resign the girls independently for whatever because their influence isn’t dependent on yg. their instagram followers, their numbers, etc. all the things that make brands use celebrities. it’s not about the company. it’s the girls.

and the music.... in 2024, the girls will have certainly outgrown the stuff teddy is giving them. he built them up, musically. but he could also drag them down.

lovesick girls is one of their biggest ever hits and it was produced by david guetta. their highest ever charting song in the US was pd by ryan tedder or whatever his name is. and rosé solo js produced by a western producer, as well. half of the album was.

and history doesn’t agree with you. half of one direction are bigger now than they EVER were in the group. hyuna is bigger outside of 4minute than in. actually, it’s very common in kpop for artists to leave a group and get WAY bigger afterwards....... and BEYONCÉ. HAVE YOU HEARD OF BEYONCÉ?????? what about normani or camila cabello? those girls are way bigger than fifth harmony was. shawn mendes is HUGE and his old group is known as an internet embarrassment. the list just keeps going.

• Exactly, there are so many things that have happened that mean I certainly won’t be surprised if they don’t renew. Obviously they all love being together as a 4, but there is only so much you can go through and not get tired of it. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens!

and they don’t have to break up. just change group name, stage name, branding, etc. and that’s fine. it’s just a new era for the group

got7 JUST did this recently. they’re still together under a new company with different stage names

• Exactly. People said the same about Big bang, that they are bigger than the company and should leave, given the shitty treatment. And yet, Big bang resigned multiple times with YG. There's definitely something that YG could provide to them that they couldnt do it themselves (not producing only cause GD is good at that).

read this.

also... it’s laughable to even imply big bang and blackpink are/were in similar positions

• I know they will resign, i just don't think after Lisa and Jisoo get theirs and Jennie's gets her mini, we will get any solo music from them again, until they leave YG.

I was also hoping for some subunits, but that is definitely dead in the water

your hopes are too high lmao

you think within 2 and a half years.... we will get

lisa solo

jisoo solo

jennie mini album

and blackpink content.....

that’s more than one solo each year. that’s never happening for the girls as far as yg is concerned.

• All those artist aren't kpop artist though.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!