Elon Musk & Twitter Discussion Thread: $8> actual revenue

• Elon Musk's Twitter ownership begins with firings, uncertainty
    Elon Musk became Twitter Inc's new owner on Thursday, firing top executives he had accused of misleading him and providing little clarity over how he will…
    www.reuters.com

Summary: Elon Musk became Twitter Inc's (TWTR.N) new owner on Thursday, firing top executives he had accused of misleading him and providing little clarity over how he will achieve the lofty ambitions he has outlined for the influential social media platform.

I'm really gonna struggle to keep an account on Twitter after this. Musk is so very problematic...

Different articles documenting Musk being problematic ...there's just too many....

A Reminder of Just Some of the Terrible Things Elon Musk Has Said and Done
    From regularly attacking his perceived enemies to running a company accused of rampant racism and sexism, it’s not hard to see why so many people are up in…
    www.vanityfair.com

The Evolution of Elon Musk: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly | Adalo Blog
    Is Elon Musk a jerk or an innovative leader that we should aspire to be?
    www.adalo.com

Why Elon Musk Would Be Bad For Twitter
    The health of our democracy depends on a commitment by the major social media companies to moderate content on their sites more vigilantly. There is little to…
    www.forbes.com

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

• the aftermath will be funny

Overall I feel sorry for freelance artists

Due to IG trying to be tiktok, they lost their reach to audience over there and they moved to Twitter. Now things wont go well for them over there too.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• https://www.reuters.com/market…ition-twitter-2022-10-28/

Summary: Elon Musk became Twitter Inc's (TWTR.N) new owner on Thursday, firing top executives he had accused of misleading him and providing little clarity over how he will achieve the lofty ambitions he has outlined for the influential social media platform.

I'm really gonna struggle to keep an account Twitter after this. Musk is so very problematic...

Elon: "Well, you guys did allow me to buy it in the end, so I reckon you're not right in the head anyway"

• Yinye

Changed the title of the thread from “Elon completes the Twitter take over; fires top executives immediately....” to “Elon Musk completes the Twitter take over; fires top executives immediately....”.
  • I agree that it's gonna get very interesting because Musk is problematic like Ye too but far more richer and has his own followers.....We can def laugh at what's about to go down but I feel like it's one of those tragic, scary laugh where on the outside it seems fine but dying on the inside type because we are screwed.

• I agree that it's gonna get very interesting because Musk is problematic like Ye too but far more richer and has his own followers.....We can def laugh at what's about to go down but I feel like it's one of those tragic, scary laugh where on the outside it seems fine but dying on the inside type because we are screwed.

he will probably bring back Trump, Andrew tate and Kanye account

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• the aftermath will be funny

Overall I feel sorry for freelance artists

Due to IG trying to be tiktok, they lost their reach to audience over there and they moved to Twitter. Now things wont go well for them over there too.

I don't do FB or Instragram due to not supporting MZ so had no clue what's going on. On Twitter, I follow lots of artists and in recent months, the whole using AI to develop art 'inspired' by another artist and claiming ownership was a biggggg discussion w/o any clear answers...especially when these AI artists used art by other artists to feed their AI algorithmn etc.

No doubt - I agree all the harmful accounts will be coming back in the name of free speech.

• I don't do FB or Instragram due to not supporting MZ so had no clue what's going on. On Twitter, I follow lots of artists and in recent months, the whole using AI to develop art 'inspired' by another artist and claiming ownership was a biggggg discussion w/o any clear answers...especially when these AI artists used art by other artists to feed their AI algorithmn etc.

No doubt - I agree all the harmful accounts will be coming back in the name of free speech.

yeah artists are getting screwed left and right on social media

People seem to have no respect for the amount of time they put in their craft

• Also just saw this news lol re Meta/FB -- stock crashing due to investors fleeing cuz of disagreement over direction (e.g., investment in metaverse) and high operational expensese...

Shares in Facebook parent company crash as investors flee
    The company has seen $520bn wiped from its market capitalisation this year alone.
    news.sky.com

Meta Stock Crash Steepens As Facebook Parent Grapples With Recession Fears
    The report comes less than a month after billionaire CEO Mark Zuckerberg unveiled sweeping plans to cut costs by restructuring teams and instituting a hiring…
    www.forbes.com

• for some reason he reminds me of Seto Kaiba from Yugioh who bought a company then threatened to (or actually) fired all the employees then resold the company for like 10x the profit...

jokes aside it will be interesting to see what kinds of golden handshakes those execs get since I'm sure they have very detailed severance provisions

• for some reason he reminds me of Seto Kaiba from Yugioh who bought a company then threatened to (or actually) fired all the employees then resold the company for like 10x the profit...

jokes aside it will be interesting to see what kinds of golden handshakes those execs get since I'm sure they have very detailed severance provisions

I'm not worried for the executives at all -- they will be fine . The concern is always tech in the wrong hands have led to terrible incidents...

• I'm not worried for the executives at all -- they will be fine . The concern is always tech in the wrong hands have led to terrible incidents...

I'm not worried about them just interested to know their payout lol

hmmm...well he is an interesting fellow and I guess time will tell when (not if WHEN) those incidents arise

• he's like the donald trump of twitter

donald trump is the donald trump of twitter though :melon_think: he just got banned

and it's not possible for elon to get banned, so he's like trump, but much worse :pepe-onions:

• Good development towards genuine Free Speech.

No longer having to concede to Posting only acceptable opinions. The Twitter Censorship will be eliminated. The Gatekeeper of information be gone. The Tyranny of the Woke evaporated.

Musk's track record doesn't show any of the Left's projections.

So your full of BS, welcome to Free Speech.

• Good development towards genuine Free Speech.

No longer having to concede to Posting only acceptable opinions. The Twitter Censorship will be eliminated. The Gatekeeper of information be gone. The Tyranny of the Woke evaporated.

Musk's track record doesn't show any of the Left's projections.

So your full of BS, welcome to Free Speech.

Plz take your Pro Musk’s Free Speech ideology and celebrate in your own thread. We can respectfully disagree. The problem has never been about gatekeeping info - it’s 2022 and information is everywhere. So much information that you have to fact check due to the large amount of misinformation.

The real problem is the lack of critical thinking, fact checking, cherry picking data to support bias views for personal gain instead of accepting facts, and the lack of care regarding real world harm.

The ‘right of free speech’ doesn’t mean that there is no accountability when it is used to spreading harmful and misinformation.

• Plz take your Pro Musk’s Free Speech ideology and celebrate in your own thread. We can respectfully disagree. The problem has never been about gatekeeping info - it’s 2022 and information is everywhere. So much information that you have to fact check due to the large amount of misinformation.

The real problem is the lack of critical thinking, fact checking, cherry picking data to support bias views for personal gain instead of accepting facts, and the lack of care regarding real world harm.

The ‘right of free speech’ doesn’t mean that there is no accountability when it is used to spreading harmful and misinformation.

Making the point of censoring opinions. Also Free Speech as described above is Nuts, sounds Authoritarian.

• Musk's statement for advertisers:

FgFARLYVQAEqqmn?format=jpg&name=large

FgFARMTUoAAFAI7?format=jpg&name=large

FgFAROFVsAEfyu7?format=jpg&name=large

I mean if he wants to be true to his word, he'll just shut Twitter down.

His post alone sort of says why! Look at it! It's three jpgs!

Because screw anyone who uses a screenreader or a translator, or anyone that needs ridiculous zoom to read, right??

Twitter is an utterly shit way to communicate anything of substance. The platform was designed for jokes and people have resorted to basically hacking the system to try and get it to do things it isn't designed for and is terrible at. A thread 1/495.

Which has resulted in miscommunication, outraged-based hysterics and the spread of misinformation 2/495.

The character limit is the exact thing that will forever stop Twitter being what he says he wants it to be. It'll always be the tool for the opposite. Pithy soundbytes are the problem. The shorthand being mistaken for the whole hand is the problem. Things presented out of context - because there's no room for the context - is the problem. There is no elevating Twitter.

I mean what is he expecting (if we charitably assume everything above to be sincere)??

"FRIEND I CHALLENGE YOU TO A REASONED DEBATE FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR CIVILISATION

BUT NOT A SINGLE ONE OF OUR ARGUMENTS CAN EXCEED 280 CHARACTERS

UNLESS WE MAKE THE ARGUMENT - WHICH IS BASICALLY JUST THE BOTH OF US TRYING TO PROVE THE OTHER IS ABLEIST - A JPEG, INDIRECTLY TELLING BLIND PEOPLE TO GO SCREW THEMSELVES"

• The real problem is the lack of critical thinking, fact checking, cherry picking data to support bias views for personal gain instead of accepting facts, and the lack of care regarding real world harm.

so real.

when will morons stop using this lame ass take, pulling it out of context, and calling it their right

I LOVE SETO KAIBA

literally one of the funniest anime characters ever

Lady Sparklefists Watches Yu-Gi-Oh! — What Seto Kaiba wants to be like:  What Seto Kaiba...

• interesting

External Content twitter.com

hmmm...that's just smart business lol

oh and remember when I said when he was going to F up...didn't he just like make some comments about Nancy Pelosi's husband re prostitutes or something...it's starting already

• In today’s world it has to be ethical/just smart business and not just smart business because that is just about $$. Musk hitting the ex-workers just shows he doesn’t really care re the harm to others.

The hate speech trolls are already back in action too especially mobilizing various groups and increase re racism, homophobia, transphobia, Nazi memes, and other assorted forms of hate speech.

https://www.papermag.com/elon-musk-twitter-hate-speech-2658568825.html

• Yinye

Changed the title of the thread from “Elon Musk completes the Twitter take over; fires top executives immediately....” to “Elon Musk & Twitter Discussion Thread”.
  • I'll just leave twitter I guess, barely use that account anyway

Musk is a horrible man who thinks he's a gift to humanity, potentially extremely dangerous too.

he's the last person to talk about misinformation when he frequently posts just that whenever it suits his purposes.

• I'll just leave twitter I guess, barely use that account anyway

Musk is a horrible man who thinks he's a gift to humanity, potentially extremely dangerous too.

he's the last person to talk about misinformation when he frequently posts just that whenever it suits his purposes.

I agree. I am planning my exit but want to find a way to tell and keep in touch with my ARMY Twitter friends; once I do - I will also close my account. Your point re his spreading of misinformation is true too because I just saw this:

• I'm planning to use Twitter more to comment on Articles. Before It was very tricky to use. So many arbitrary things could get you banned.

• Yinye

Changed the title of the thread from “Elon Musk & Twitter Discussion Thread” to “Elon Musk & Twitter Discussion Thread: Mass layoff & lawsuits”.
  • Mass layoff started - about half of current workforce! Some employees have also filed a lawsuit….

The email that staff got was ice cold —

Twitter temporarily closes offices as layoffs begin
    Twitter Inc temporarily closed its offices on Friday after telling employees they would be informed by email later in the day about whether they are being laid…
    www.reuters.com

• The real reason why Twitter has the verification in the first place - the whole thread is worth reading. It was not for anyone that can pay etc.

• Subscription and not verification ~

• What Musk says:

In reality and very concerning:

• This thread contains 28 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!