Anon inspired: do you think IVE has any outstanding talent as a group?

• In the anon thread most people mentioned visuals and personality.

Imo those are good traits to have as kpop groups but they are not talent really.

As they are now, they not outshining other groups in vocal, rap or dance. They have enough of everything that makes their songs pleasants and that's OK. They are still young and have much space to improve.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wouldn't that be the case with most groups though?

Overall yes, popular groups tend to excel in some aspect though

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They don’t. It’s annoying because WY and Yujin were in Izone and they’re known their choreographies I’m sure with enough training they could’ve been better dancers but they don’t have the time and it’s evident with their latest performances.

Ngl I’m scared for their year end performances. 🥹

They got a jam packed schedule of doing lots of activities with lots of comebacks. That's doenst really allow them time to expand on their skill set.

• They don’t. It’s annoying because WY and Yujin were in Izone and they’re known their choreographies I’m sure with enough training they could’ve been better dancers but they don’t have the time and it’s evident with their latest performances.

Ngl I’m scared for their year end performances. 🥹

they still gets the job done tho also facial expressions are quite good.

• they still gets the job done tho also facial expressions are quite good.

I personally find 11 and love dive performances much more engaging than after like.

• The anon thread is mine :cryingr:

I don't know why people revived it

Lmao

Why did you make that in anon?????

• Lmao

Why did you make that in anon?????

Because since they were new back in january (when I did) I was curious to know about their strengths as a group, but I wanted the subject to remain the focus, not that people thought my intention was shading them because I'm a fan of other female groups. But It didn't end that well

I even complained in the thread about the amount of drags saying I would ignore these kind of answers saying visuals/personality/wonyoung

:pepe-shame:

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Because since they were new back in january (when I did) I was curious to know about their strengths as a group, but I wanted the subject to remain the focus, not that people thought my intention was shading them because I'm a fan of other female groups. But It didn't end that well

I even complained in the thread about the amount of drags saying I would ignore these kind of answers saying visuals/personality/wonyoung

:pepe-shame:

Yeah that always happens

People judge the intention behind the Thread based on the groups op stans

• I don't know? I don't really think about kpop in that way.

To me as long as they are able to embody the group ethos and sell it on stage and in MVs etc, combined with good songs and dances and the like, charming members and visuals, etc. I don't really ever think or dwell on technical vocal ability or the like.

I don't really think about any musical group even outside kpop in terms of talent or technical prowess the way a lot of people talk about it, as something almost separate and in isolation from the rest.

To me it's just a feeling. Do they sell what they're going for. If they do. I see them as a good or great group.

And in those terms, I think IVE is a solid group. I love a couple of their songs. They have a cool feel and aesthetic. The members are charming and pretty. And they make me like them when I listen or watch their videos. They feel like their own thing and a standout of the current lineup of 4th gen groups.

• They have a good balance, but yeah, I do not see anyone outstanding, maybe because I do not follow them too much.

But they do not seem to have a Eunji type vocal.

No Lisa type dancer.

I guess Rei is a decent writer, not sure if she is a good rapper, at least it does not show in the title songs.

Wonyoung being a visual that the Korean likes is probably their biggest talent.

• but kpop has never been about raw talent though?

there are people that are very very talented but don't see the light of day cos their group is nugu...

I like Ive but I do recognise there are better dancers, singers, rappers in other groups...but it doesn't make me like them any less

• but kpop has never been about raw talent though?

there are people that are very very talented but don't see the light of day cos their group is nugu...

I like Ive but I do recognise there are better dancers, singers, rappers in other groups...but it doesn't make me like them any less

Again didn't claim kpop is overall about talent

The question is if they do stand out in any particular area compare to their contemporaries?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!