Did SM really waste Aespa's popularity with lack of activity?

• I just saw Aespa trending on Twitter yesterday as Mys complaining that Sm didn't treated Aespa well and not giving them the promotion they deserve especially as a new group. And some Mys also mentioning that Sm probably following Yge move with Bp yet it's too early for Aespa to receive that kind of promotion. And they claim that Sm also not managing Aespa's social media well which there's lack of updates on the girls activities and they didn't have any variety show like other groups usually had.

Is it true that Aespa really lack of promotion and Sm didn't utilizing their popularity well or is it just some Mys on Twitter overreacting things? And if this is true, why do you think Sm behave this way?

• Correct me if I'm wrong aren't they first SM group that had this much inactivity? Coz I know SM artists are heavily

promoted especially during their first 2-3 years :cursing: :cursing:

Well, I never follow their gg but their bg sure get a lot of contents. So, I don't know if this is only Aespa or happen to all their gg

• I just saw Aespa trending on Twitter yesterday as Mys complaining that Sm didn't treated Aespa well and not giving them the promotion they deserve especially as a new group. And some Mys also mentioning that Sm probably following Yge move with Bp yet it's too early for Aespa to receive that kind of promotion. And they claim that Sm also not managing Aespa's social media well which there's lack of updates on the girls activities and they didn't have any variety show like other groups usually had.

Is it true that Aespa really lack of promotion and Sm didn't utilizing their popularity well or is it just some Mys on Twitter overreacting things? And if this is true, why do you think Sm behave this way?

People need to stop mention BP. Yes, they might be on hiatus as a group but they are still active on their own youtube channels with frequent vlogs, instagram models, magazine photoshoot, dancing to viral dances on Tik Toks, TV show acting roles, ads on TV, MCs of shows, solo music and so on.

Not sure what SM is doing but they need to give Aespa their own youtube channels, instagram accounts, Tik Tok channels and more if they have nothing planned for them till the end of this year.

Mys are right SM are wasting Aespa time.

BP even on hiatus where everywhere on TV and internet and constantly pushing out contents for their fans.

• At this point I believe this is part of the strategy. Scarcity creates demand. When something is hard to get , the brand value increases. Basically economic principle. In the surface it looks good because aespa getting high end brand deals, massive album sales demand , Coachella , Warner, etc etc.

On the other hand however I'm skeptical that this is sustainable strategy because our fanbases aren't that strong to deal with this s##t continuously . It may works now but I'm afraid it won't be in the future especially with the rumored next comeback that would take place in Q2 2023. Long gap again with non existent content outside comeback. Forget about Reality Show even bare minimum content like songs or dance cover we never ever get it. Only Bubble from the members keeps mys alive at this point.

Worst case scenario: I'm not surprised if majority of the fanbases will moving to other groups because these keeps happening and no sign of change soon.

• At this point I believe this is part of the strategy. Scarcity creates demand. When something is hard to get , the brand value increases. Basically economic principle. In the surface it looks good because aespa getting high end brand deals, massive album sales demand , Coachella , Warner, etc etc.

On the other hand however I'm skeptical that this is sustainable strategy because our fanbases aren't that strong to deal with this s##t continuously . It may works now but I'm afraid it won't be in the future especially with the rumored next comeback that would take place in Q2 2023. Long gap again with non existent content outside comeback. Forget about Reality Show even bare minimum content like songs or dance cover we never ever get it. Only Bubble from the members keeps mys alive at this point.

Worst case scenario: I'm not surprised if majority of the fanbases will moving to other groups because these keeps happening and no sign of change soon.

SM should at least give Winter and Ningning another ost projects ;(;(

the strategy will work better if they are already at high level popularity wise with a few hits under their belt which is not the point for aespa, SM need to promote them, the competition is all time high for 4th gen and while i don't think a SM group will ever flop, they could lose the door to be a top group

SM is not smart enough to strategies

They are just scratching their head and not doing much

Atleast they should have pushed for a Japan debut by now

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That’s something they did for RV apparently. But again I think RV were doing variety shows and music shows. And it was another climate.

Aespa debuted during covid so their promotion was limited, so that’s how groups gained fans because they had their own contents, some online concerts...

Aespa doesn’t do v live, they barely post on INSTA, no youtube contents.

Their music promotions last for two weeks as if they were a senior group.

SNSD Is promoting left and right when they don’t need to, RV attends festival overseas. Aespa had Coachella and their promotion in the US was ass tbh.

Even BP used to be everywhere, constants music, promotion on radio shows, variety shows, Some individuals gigs.

• im not even sure what SM is doing with them. I hope them are not trying to create exclusivity (inspired by BP cause that aint gonna work. BP has side projects/modelling career)

Can u imagine, SM allowed aespa to promote Girls for 2 weeks, and once on each show ONLY. Technically 4 stages. It is as bad as Blackpink in their 6th/7th year

• This is the same as RV, which it has been following a similar pattern since the start. (The only difference here being there should have been an album before the end of this year to match that.) I’d also say at every part of their career, people have complained about slowing momentum, falling behind, etc, and then they come out and set some new record with their next release. I get it that people want more content but they’re doing fine.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• im not even sure what SM is doing with them. I hope them are not trying to create exclusivity (inspired by BP cause that aint gonna work. BP has side projects/modelling career)

Can u imagine, SM allowed aespa to promote Girls for 2 weeks, and once on each show ONLY. Technically 4 stages. It is as bad as Blackpink in their 6th/7th year

I'm surprised that they only have two week promotion and gone just like after that.

I'm surprised that they only have two week promotion and gone just like after that.

• This is the same as RV, which it has been following a similar pattern since the start. (The only difference here being there should have been an album before the end of this year to match that.) I’d also say at every part of their career, people have complained about slowing momentum, falling behind, etc, and then they come out and set some new record with their next release. I get it that people want more content but they’re doing fine.

Nope, they aren't, RV didn't had much content but were super active in variety shows, at the point aespa is right now various members has solo activities including Irene and Yeri MC roles for Music Bank and Music Core, Joy in We got married, various variety shows (guest and regular), a lot of OSTs and collabs (a lot of it did well on charts too), cameo in popular drama, in like half of year from the point aespa is right now Joy got her first lead role in a drama.

Aespa is nowhere near the way RV was promoted.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!