Why is this Weverse Magazine article downplaying Stray Kids achievements?

• Well, It seems they studied carefully Stray Kids' Billboard Article for their cover and special edition and tried to manipulate the words to make It seem as If their US achievements were consequences of some kind of gimmicks created by JYP and Republic together. ;(

As If Stray Kids has ever promoted ODDINARY and MANIAC on US, when they didn't apart from their tour. And as If they weren't one of the very few acts who still sell only 3 normal priced versions on US stores for their album and nothing more than that. One being indeed limited, so now It's only 2 versions to help in the long run. Something they curiously forgot to mention when shaded their longevity on charts previously to hype groups up.

But the saddest was already justify the possible success of the next era on plans of radio play we don't even know If It's true since their music wasn't released yet or It was just empty words.

Really, what is the purpose of that?

FdJlrimaMAAFfia?format=png&name=900x900

Source

• This is honestly so insulting to Stray Kids... downright awful.

• Imagine my face when I read this. It was so random I could only ask myself what did Stray Kids do to make them be dedicate to write a whole paragraph to justify their achievements and in a malicious way.

You would think that Weverse Magazine has better things to focus on... this is honestly disappointing. They could have focused the article on so many other things that HYBE groups have achieved but instead, they chose to discredit other groups...

• You know they could easily write about their own groups more cause skz isn't under their label and it shouldn't concern them. Even JYPE and skz themselves didn't talk about that billboard article so why is HYBE bringing them up? It's just completely fishy to me.

• You know they could easily write about their own groups more cause skz isn't under their label and it shouldn't concern them. Even JYPE and skz themselves didn't talk about that billboard article so why is HYBE bringing them up? It's just completely fishy to me.

they write about all artists, movies, entertainment news . lizzo, beyonce , olivia everyone. it is a magazine.

here read the article, they mention twice, new jeans, txt , skz, bts : https://magazine.weverse.io/ar…tist=&searchword=&num=532

• This is so blatantly targeted, sickening.

Not even Stray Kids acknowledged that goddamn article, but of course Hybe uses it to further their narrative. They wrote more about chalking up Stray Kids' success to JYPE and Republic Records, than they did about TXT, New Jeans, and Enhypen combined. (Enhypen weren't even mentioned lol)

The Billboard article itself was bullshit, nothing but mediaplay and ego caressing for the two companies by taking credit for what Stray Kids accomplished themselves. Like let's be honest for a moment...Republic Records' plan was so genius that the album got leaked a week before the release because they couldn't even relay the info to retailers that they shouldn't sell it before the 18th, that the album sold out in many shops on the week of the release, that Stray Kids didn't go anywhere they didn't go before signing with RR, that the album is still not restocked in many places, that the jewel case version never got US distribution.

And pretending they were doing extra things with the goal of hitting #1 is ridiculous. We stays knew from the beginning that their comeback after NOEASY would have good chances of achieving a high rank on the chart, before they signed to RR—because literally only distribution was in the way, other groups with US distribution at that time charted with less overall sales and lower stats in the US. Also because SKZ literally weren't doing anything special. They had three regular versions in the US, that's it. Where is this energy in the article for their own group, who are literally under RR since their debut year, have US distributed cheap versions, and collabs? I mean no offense, those types of promo are not the problem in themselves. But if you're going to accuse another group of just aiming to chart high (rather than accepting that they organically gained a big fandom) by clever promotional tactics and company support (while those "tactics" have been present before SKZ blew up, and let me not get into the supposed company support because this comment would never end), don't be silent about literally doing more for your own idols.

Otherwise you'll look insecure and obviously trying to bring down others, and that's extremely pathetic from the biggest kpop label at the moment.

• Am i the only one who doesn't get the shade here?

Saying they have 2 labels backing them and plan to target radio next cb is ok, no?

Especially when the article is "kpop in USA after BTS". So they are highlighting how the landscape changed. Nowadays, the groups have labels helping them for charting. Probably Used skz as example because they are the only new group who actually went no. 1.

• Not even surprised people are defending this when they would shit the bed if someone wrote this about their face. :ak_hyunjinsip:

also...yikes

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What the fuck?

• WHAT THE FUCK

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Am i the only one who doesn't get the shade here?

Saying they have 2 labels backing them and plan to target radio next cb is ok, no?

Especially when the article is "kpop in USA after BTS". So they are highlighting how the landscape changed. Nowadays, the groups have labels helping them for charting. Probably Used skz as example because they are the only new group who actually went no. 1.

Look at how they treated the mention of their groups achievements on US and look at how they inserted Stray Kids in the article and treated their achievements.

For their groups, they only proudly mentioned the accomplishments they have been getting from the past years to 2022 and how they are notable. And there isn't a problem here, I think they have successful groups that are doing amazing and I'm also an army. I'm happy for them for where they are now and I think It always deserves to be highlighted, since these achievements are consequences of their own work. And I don't think their juniors don't deserve too.

But you are going to mention one of the few acts who actually got number 1 on Billboard 200 in the first try they are going to distribuct their albums in the Market and the only thing you have to say is justifying how supposed they got there and their promotional tactics to support it? Where's the energy for others that aren't doing any less than what they did? Some even more.

• also...yikes

I saw this. Terrible take.

And apparently ONCEs are happy with what was written, so...

• tbh i don't see any shade in what the article says about skz, maybe that's because i am not well versed in these charts shenanigans nuances to detect the shade if there is one but these parts here

also...yikes

WHAT THE FUCK

pepe-ooh

• i dont find what they said about skz problematic but the fact that they didn’t include black people % was very wrong. how does that happen??

about skz: fact is they needed label support for that, no point in dismissing jyp/imperial since it was their first time charting and they went straight to the top. are they signed to imperial or is it just distribution? is it similar to bts?

Because most people who consume and spend money on kpop outside of korean, are white and Asian women lol. Not to say that black women don't spend money on kpop but you are very small minority that is negligible.

• they write about all artists, movies, entertainment news . lizzo, beyonce , olivia everyone. it is a magazine.

here read the article, they mention twice, new jeans, txt , skz, bts : https://magazine.weverse.io/ar…tist=&searchword=&num=532

you didnt get what i tried to say. I said why would they bring the article which was completely ignored by the artist and their label as well? they didnt need to bring them up when they saw no response from the artists and their company. It's like pouring salt on a wound.

• you didnt get what i tried to say. I said why would they bring the article which was completely ignored by the artist and their label as well? they didnt need to bring them up when they saw no response from the artists and their company. It's like pouring salt on a wound.

idk you should ask the writer who wrote the article. i dont follow up with jyp and skz news.

i was only trying to answer that this magazine column writes about everybody

• i dont find what they said about skz problematic but the fact that they didn’t include black people % was very wrong. how does that happen??

about skz: fact is they needed label support for that, no point in dismissing jyp/imperial since it was their first time charting and they went straight to the top. are they signed to imperial or is it just distribution? is it similar to bts?

You aren't understanding I'm not dismissing the labels support. Of course they are important. Their albums wouldn't be distributed alone.

But I already wrote previously what I meant.

They had no distribution or label until they signed to Republic Records. But by doing that, they've only evened the playing field since other K-POP groups already had distribution. Republic Records hasn't done anything particularly special for Stray Kids that they hadn't done for other groups. So by implying that Stray Kids' success is only attributed to 'limited versions', which is one of the three versions that were distributed in the US, they're suggesting that Stray Kids are using some sort of gimmick to chart - which they aren't, as other groups have the same/greater number of album versions. They refuse to credit Stray Kids' popularity to themselves.

• Because most people who consume and spend money on kpop outside of korean, are white and Asian women lol. Not to say that black women don't spend money on kpop but you are very small minority that is negligible.

If you want to point out you don't see any problem with what they said about Stray Kids, that's okay. But this is too much. You are going too far to defend this article.

• I have a question... If this article is about kpop in the US why are theynot bringing up JYP group? Not a single mention of SuperM? NCT 127? Monsta X? NOT EVEN BLACKPINK?????? I just searched page so I could be wrong, but damn did JYP piss them off?

Because most people who consume and spend money on kpop outside of korean, are white and Asian women lol. Not to say that black women don't spend money on kpop but you are very small minority that is negligible.

Maybe that's just HYBE fandoms because if you looked the concert crowds for other groups you'd know that's a lie.

• funny how hybe talked about all this supposed tactics for stray kids success (even for a possible future success) but they forgot to mention how many versions txt album had, the fact that txt has been going to us' talk shows since debut, and lol valley of lies was sent to radios so...

and magic had tons of promotion, including a digital autograph version so it can debut on hot100 (it didn't)

the effort to downplay skz is so pitiful in every way

i can't believe my eyes... the boy is divine

7ef5f1ee133e011518a846f20dd2d5e7f7554236.gifv

• if they want to talk about success in usa, fine, do it but if they are bring up "tactics" them bring up how the mass buying helped bts with their #1, how newjeans are doing fine in Spotify weekly and daily after Attention got to TTH playlist, or how they (more than one time) promoted a txt's English track to make them hit in USA

• Oh hooooo.. if this was written by some YGE "freelance journalist" you would have everybody by your side kkkkk

Anyways, trying to focus on SKZ achievements as "they are backed up by big companies" while being the biggest company is laughable. The journalist was in some crack for sure.

About the rest of this piece of shit full of wrong takes, better to complain and loudly bc it's sickening.

• Oh hooooo.. if this was written by some YGE "freelance journalist" you would have everybody by your side kkkkk

Anyways, trying to focus on SKZ achievements as "they are backed up by big companies" while being the biggest company is laughable. The journalist was in some crack for sure.

About the rest of this piece of shit full of wrong takes, better to complain and loudly bc it's sickening.

i don't get the freelance journalist excuse lol as it don't have to pass through hybe to be posted and still being post in a hybe's site, but ok, whatever makes hybe stans sleep good at night

• This thread contains 56 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!