What is your favorite Minnie ((G)I-dle) composed song ?

• The best Minnie composed song ? 20

1. Dahlia (12) 60%
    2. Moon (7) 35%
    3. Already (6) 30%
    4. I'm the Trend (4) 20%
    5. Escape (2) 10%
    6. Tung Tung (1) 5%
    7. For You (1) 5%
    8. Blow your Mind (1) 5%

Those are the 8 songs in which (G)I-dle Minnie took part in the composition, the lyrics and the production (except for Escape and Dahlia).

What are your favorite ones ?

Here is my personnal ranking :

8. I’m the trend. It is a fun song for the fans but not much more imo

7. Blow your Mind. Her first try at composing (and producing) and it does feel a little unfinished idk. I still like it a lot. It has a special vibe and the choruses and verses are great. The biggest problem is the You-ou-ou parts for me

6. Already. Starting from this one they are all amazing. This song is SO Minnie. Nothing bad to say, the melody and instrumental are great

5. For You. Soojin vocals were amazing on this one. The instrumental is amazing too

4. Escape. That amazing intro pulls you right in. The chorus is great

3. Tung Tung. This one is ethereal, the violins are great and Soyeon rap bridge slaps

2. Moon. This is perfection, such a special vibe

1. Dahlia. Perfection part2. Every part is amazing. The instrumental is good. BreadBeat and Minnie did a great job

I also want to give an appreciation for her main co-composers and co-producers BreadBeat (Escape and Dahlia) and Houdini (the rest except Blow your Mind)

• I didn't know she composes songs :pepe-peek:

anyway, it's Dahlia, this is my favorite song from I burn album

She's been composing since 2019 (Blow Your Mind was an I Made bside). Until 2021 tho almost all (G)I-dle songs were composed by Soyeon so maybe that's why some people don't know that

Since I Burn half of (G)I-dle songs are composed, written, and produced by Soyeon while the other half are composed, written and produced by either Minnie or Yuqi. I will do another thread for Yuqi composed songs. Of course they always have a co-composer tho.

The reason why I love (G)I-dle so much is because every songs of their is made by a member of the group (except their 5 first bside, tho Soyeon still had writing credits on it)

• When you see all these songs and it's hard to choose because they're all so good, you know there's a lot of talent

But Moon took a special place for me

I have the same birthday as Jennie and this is my biggest achievement in K-pop

(G)I-DLE - Bangkok - 20/08/22

Blackpink - Paris - 11 & 12/12/22

• I only know Moon and Dahlia so I picked Moon. I agree with you, I like the instrument they use in the intro and lyrics. It feels like whenever I hear this instrument I get nostalgia.

• I only know Moon and Dahlia so I picked Moon. I agree with you, I like the instrument they use in the intro and lyrics. It feels like whenever I hear this instrument I get nostalgia.

Moon's lyrics about wanting to hide from the world so that your tears can't be seen are so good and really fit the melody and instrumental of the song

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!