So youtube views is really going down for kpop groups too

• It seems to that getting millions of views for both rookie groups and top groups are getting hard now onwards. monstrous groups like bts and bp doesn't match their previous records if these groups failed to do so it is very unlikely other kpop groups pull large no of views for their MV's. i think youtube restrictions and rising of spotify and other streaming platforms are also main reason for it. fans will divide their priorities among all these platforms i think maybe in future spotify maybe more important than youtube for kpop groups like western artists now. how do your views regarding this

• Listening to an album is more comfortable on Spotify IMO. Youtube is only better, if you can not afford Spotify premium, you can skip ads with addblock.

• I don’t think YouTube restrictions are a thing. Pink Venom did 90M just a month ago.

I think people just focused more on other platforms this time since it was an album. I just streamed the MV once and then went immediately to Spotify to stream the album.

I do think in general K-pop fans are paying more attention to Spotify/Apple Music.

• PV got like 90 million only last month though?

The difference is that the songs released with an album always have lower streams as fans have more to focus on.

All the songs released alone have bigger streams - Butter, Dynamite, PV, HYLT etc

• PV got like 90 million only last month though?

The difference is that the songs released with an album always have lower streams as fans have more to focus on.

All the songs released alone have bigger streams - Butter, Dynamite, PV, HYLT etc

HYLT got 86M views in 24 hrs while PV only get 90M even after blink fandom increased so much after album and also bts YTC got less views than On which 2 videos release simultaneously

• Ngl I think less 50 mil for BP is really low considering they have the most subs any they are believed to attract the gp attention.

I think fans will focus on other stuff more from now on. Having one thing less to argue about would be nice.

• Here is the basics. People have been dragging BTS YTC release like the hypocrites and clueless they are now for a while.

Single releases will always have better results on the average than album release with the exception of BTS mvs like BWL and FAKE LOVE ( the cbs were super duper hyped and did so well despite being an album release- I consider this an anomaly).

YTC was released as an album song with 35(not including CD only songs) songs, although their older songs mostly. Based on Spotify charts it showed that most of these songs( except CD only releases) charted which means ARMYs actually focused and streamed all the songs.

Also there are some points to note, like the genre a song is released in as it will also affect its results. YTC is a medium alt hip hop track. A track like this will never get views and result like dynamite, butter, bwl etc.

However imo I still think the numbers YTC pulled on YT and Spotify for an anthology album is good esp considering since most were not tuning in to an anthology release.

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited once, last by BRIYANI ().

• Twitch or Spotify

should enter MV market

and offer different quality like: 576, 900, and then jump straight to 1440p

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i've heard youtubers crib about how their views/video are going down drastically

youtube should atleast increase the amount they pay per view if they want to restrict the number of views so much

the decrease in youtube revenue probably doesn't matter much for bts/bp but what about nugu indie artists...

• The fact that what people called 'Yet To Flop' got only one million less than the mv of a song 'never done in kpop again' makes it look less of a flop. Not that it ever was but people thought of it that way.

I am sure they will reconsider now given the results.

• The more platforms like spotify, tidal, apple music etc grow, the less popular youtube will be when it comes to listening to music on there. Why?

-its easier to listen on Spotify, especially when on youtube the mv is longer than the song

-youtube is full of ads, you need a subscription to not have them and anyone who listens to music would rather pay to a spotify subscription than youtube one

Youtube views are all about how long the mv is and how pretty it is. Those are the two factors that reflect on the views the most. Whoever is in for the music will be tuning on platforms like spotify so there comes the big difference in streams on spotify and streams on youtube.

And as others said, youtube became toooo restrictive with how they count views

• might have smth to do with yt itself. i think they have changed some things surrounding mass streaming. then again i could just be hype dying down or it just hasn't reached out to enough people yet

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!