Which CF categories are most relevant to K-pop idols?

• For K-pop, music is just the necessary thing, but not the sufficient thing - fans have been using every other measure from significant to trivial things, to mock-fight their faves in this fantasy league.

A top such thing is CFs, never mind if they hardly release 1 song an year, as long as they are getting a load of CFs, my idol is the greatest.

So I am wondering which type of CFs are most relevant to K-pop idols?

Money - of course, any CF is good money.

Classiness - fancier/more elite, the better.

Local/global - Global but with strong Korean presence is better.

But that apart, which product category is the most useful?

That is the question.

It is triggered by watching Seventeen on Dingo's Tipsy program. And looking at the past episodes, there is one other idol ever present - no matter which K-pop group comes to the program.

That is 'IU', model for Chamiseul Soju for 7-8 years now, so her picture is plastered all over the place.

Given the market share of Chamiseul, I suppose her face adorns majority of the bars/points of sale of Soju in Korea or elsewhere.

That ubiquitous presence might be more useful to her, than as an international model for some fancy brand like Gucci.

Hence alcoholic beverages like Soju/Beer might probably the most important CF for idols for whom constant presence in public minds is critical.

Any other product categories that can rival alcohol?

• bbgc

Changed the title of the thread from “Which CFs are most relevant to K-pop idols?” to “Which CF categories are most relevant to K-pop idols?”.
  • True, many idols have wished for a Chicken CF .. probably for the same reason.

Chicken and Food in general CFs make a lot usually from what I have read as they can be aired on any channel where as other stuff has stricter guidelines for adverts and where they can air in Korea

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• Soju and Samsung

I don't think electronics are that great.. of course great money and clout.. but they are infrequent consumable.. people get a phone/appliance maybe once or twice a year or mostly even less frequent.

Whereas food and beverage, is almost everyday.

Now that I think of it.. IU really got it covered with

Soju

Banana Milk

Bottled Water and

Pizza

• Soju is the most important one

For male idols is very hard to get a soju cf. If they get it, it's considered that they have succeeded in whatever they are doing

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I used to do a weird CF of the week section on here. This makes me want to start again. :huuh:<3

Do one for shinee posha posha

And the etude ones they did with Sandra

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Soju is pretty much everywhere because it’s more accessible, but Samsung still a top brand, in k-dramas you will rarely see a character with an iPhone. Usually top celebrities endorse Samsung : BTS, BP, Jennie, IU, Wonyoung....

• also my fav endorsing Samsung and LG both but not phones, home appliances

They all want him to blend his veggies with their blender on I live alone

:pepe-life-support:

• Soju is pretty much everywhere because it’s more accessible, but Samsung still a top brand, in k-dramas you will rarely see a character with an iPhone. Usually top celebrities endorse Samsung : BTS, BP, Jennie, IU, Wonyoung....

Food and beverage are even more 'exposure' than Kdramas.. you could go without watching TV one or many days.. but not without food/beverage right?

That is why electronics are not as effective as F &B.... besides F&B figure a lot in Kdramas as well, lot of product placements.

• like others have said soju is up there and I would also add the top branded companies like Lotte products??? so I guess that's more food???

cars? car cfs are pretty good no?

• How has no one said make-up CM’s yet? I’d imagine those do well. South Korea in general focuses a lot on beauty, and people buy it a ton. Does it not pay well?

Good point.

Probably the next best option after Food & Beverage, would be Beauty Products.

They also run out regularly and generate repeat buys, keeping the model in focus.

• Food and beverage then makeup & skincare definitely. Beauty is very important in korea, men included. Those glass skin techniques which includes 5 or more steps applied morning and night is a must for them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!