BTS DOMINANCE IN TOURING

• It's not an exaggeration that BTS is the only artists that can pull this many paying people when it comes to online concerts. If big stars who tours in stadium is another level, then BTS is another level of another level 😁

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't see ANY artists pulling over 1.33M paid tickets and generate 76,000,000 USD for just 2 ONLINE concerts.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For comparisons, one show in stadium can generate 8M USD and for artists to get the same amount of revenue they need to tour 9 times while BTS reached that threshold with only 2 online shows. And it's even crazier cause they profited more from those 2 shows because of less costing and very minimal logistics.

They even generated almost 33M USD in A DAY with live cinema viewing breaking all time records in its field.

Just for 'fun' thoughts or 'assumptions', if there's a miracle somehow and BTS announced a WW tour-- they can definitely sell 3M tickets in a standalone touring or in that same year with 62 shows.

They can generate 360,000,000 USD for offline shows alone and more than 500,000,000 USD if we include online and cinema viewing. And maybe, it's not a stretch to say that they can even sell 5M tickets overall for ONE album/touring era.

In reference, BTS sold 2.02M tickets in their LY:series circa 2018-2019 both arena and stadium shows. And now, BTS is a full-time stadium artists and have more than doubled their popularity & fanbase & 'paying' fans since 2019.

• WBK, they own TOURING, but the numbers are still amazing see all in one spot. Thanks :borahae:

It's such a shame that they can't tour. Atleast right now. I know they will tour after they fulfill their enlistment. And when it happens it's gonna be magical.

• It's just the fact that they managed to gather 2.46m people around the world in 3 days for their PTD concert in Seoul is enough to show what type of demand BTS have.

Their concerts during pandemic from Bang Bang Con Live to PTD in Vegas generated around $370m. Just imagine what they would be doing if they toured to their potential now with touring back on track....

Anyways their next tour is gonna be iconic. Once in a lifetime. Because I can see them going to a lot of countries then.

• To mention that alongside their stadium shows... these boys rent out arenas (cough grammy venue cough) to have live play for their stadiums shows that also sell out...

these boys touring capacity is insane...

to remember... before their dynamite blow up... they had already sold out 15-16 stadiums for the now cancelled MOTS Tour in North America alone... that would have been 700-800k capacity alone....remember this was BEFORE DYNAMITE.....

iamgine now.....

not to mention... they were set to do over 10+ dome dates in Japan and again before dynamite...

imagine now... they'd probs be able to pull over 1M attendance in Japan alone....

their touring power is INSANE

you could literally drop them on probs any continent in the world and they'd sell out a stadium.

• They are the greatest touring artists of this era. Their demand globally is unmatched by any contemporary artist. Absolute legends. To add icing to the cake they are also the most consumed artist in streams and sales globally hence ranked 1 on IFPI twice in a row.

Who is doing it like them? Smashing in every single metric? Nobody

• They are truly the only artists in the world right now who can pull crowds in every means of concert. Even 1M attendance is the minimum in Japan as their growth is insane and they have the record of crossing 160M USD in a year without touring last year- making them the best selling artists in Japan beating the local artists.

For others, the concern is how they can maximize their audience. While the only 'concern' for BTS is their physical capabilities to tour as much as they can as it can be very exhausting.

Anyways their next tour is gonna be iconic. Once in a lifetime. Because I can see them going to a lot of countries then.

I'm sure they will tour in Australia, India and other countries that they haven't visited yet. They even revealed before that the countries I've mentioned are supposed to be in the lineup but obviously it didn't happen due to pandemic.

• Just posting this mind boggling number here

FbrZw0-UEAAPhyO.jpg

It's like touring 29 shows/performances in a stadium with averaging 8M USD revenue. And BTS only have to perform 12 times with a combination of online shows & offline shows (simultaneously) to generate that much revenue. Adding online shows are very effective for BTS.

• Bad Bunny is doing 10M per night in the US as we speak

Tho BTS is definitely global in the sense they can sell out a stadium anywhere

Not surprising. His tickets are very expensive whiles BTS retained their Mots7 prices pre covid. Everyone thought their prices are gonna increase but I guess they were nice to maintain it when their demand has soared through the roof.

Still BTS is able to pull more numbers from one stadium compared to Bad bunny in the US. That’s why BTS box score is higher and is the 2nd highest in North America after Springsteen’s concert in 2002

• Bad Bunny is doing 10M per night in the US as we speak

Tho BTS is definitely global in the sense they can sell out a stadium anywhere

Although Bad Bunny's touring demand is more focused in the US he's proven that he has a pull like the legacy US acts despite being a Latin artist which is quite a huge feat.

Actually, BTS already did 9M in a single night. It's not exactly the same amount but it's closer enough to assume that they can also pull 10M in a single show.

Tho, I doubt HYBE will price their concert tickets like Bad Bunny as they don't need to. Unlike other acts, BTS can recoup and amassed a ton of profits from their tour merch and online live streams of their concert. Which is the reason why I even made this post in the first place. They don't need to depend in offline show and can still dominate in every means of concert.

• Tho, I doubt HYBE will price their concert tickets like Bad Bunny as they don't need to. Unlike other acts, BTS can recoup and amassed a ton of profits from their tour merch and online live streams of their concert. Which is the reason why I even made this post in the first place. They don't need to depend in offline show and can still dominate in every means of concert.

I dunno, I wouldn't put much past a company who just put out a $300 dollar collector's album. :pepe-tea:

• I dunno, I wouldn't put much past a company who just put out a $300 dollar collector's album. :pepe-tea:

Yeah. That collector version is a shitshow just like their other expensive merch. But from what I've seen, concerts are only a means of fanservice and to gain more fan loyalty that can translate to sales. That's why whenever BTS have concerts their merch, albums and contents sales grow exponentially. You'll notice this more once you see their earnings report.

Atleast for now, HYBE can concede some of the tour sales by not maximizing its full potential revenue just because BTS have a huge brand. Only time will tell if HYBE decides to be more greedy and increase the prices for BTS concerts.

• I dunno, I wouldn't put much past a company who just put out a $300 dollar collector's album. :pepe-tea:

I’m gonna take a curveyball and say BTS is the reason why prices didn’t go up. I just looked up the average prices of other Hybe artistes pre covid and post covid and noticed that it went up.

So Hybe did increase the tickets price post covid for their acts except BTS. Also based on that artiste l-label distribution list we saw sometime back, if those were real, concerts had BTS making almost 70% revenue and label took 30%. Since BTS is the one making more money here, they can actually take part of the loss made from maintaining their prices if they wanted to

(btw this is just a speculation :smirks:   )

• It’s always amazing to me to see how much they have grown, when I become a fan they were doing tours in arenas and domes. Now they are stadium artists.

Just a reminder that BTS made an appearance in the US mainstream in 2016 and promoted there in 2017. Then a year later they did their very first stadium show in Citifield in 2018, and when their career took off they did a full on stadium tour in the States in 2019. Their career trajectory is so fascinating. They showed everyone that they can achieve these milestones through dedication of their craft, utmost effort and consistency.

• I’m gonna take a curveyball and say BTS is the reason why prices didn’t go up. I just looked up the average prices of other Hybe artistes pre covid and post covid and noticed that it went up.

So Hybe did increase the tickets price post covid for their acts except BTS. Also based on that artiste l-label distribution list we saw sometime back, if those were real, concerts had BTS making almost 70% revenue and label took 30%. Since BTS is the one making more money here, they can actually take part of the loss made from maintaining their prices if they wanted to

(btw this is just a speculation :smirks: )

Yeah remember how Jin said they were taking a loss for the Seoul concert but since BTS put their foot down and said they want dates in Seoul, Hybe made it happen.

• Just a reminder that BTS made an appearance in the US mainstream in 2016 and promoted there in 2017. Then a year later they did their very first stadium show in Citifield in 2018, and when their career took off they did a full on stadium tour in the States in 2019. Their career trajectory is so fascinating. They showed everyone that they can achieve these milestones through dedication of their craft, utmost effort and consistency.

Their growth has only been exponential

• Yeah remember how Jin said they were taking a loss for the Seoul concert but since BTS put their foot down and said they want dates in Seoul, Hybe made it happen.

Tbh, the Seoul concert only happened because they can recoup and make money from online shows and live cinema viewing. Had it been the opposite- HYBE will for sure not agree to it (like any other companies).

• Just a reminder that BTS made an appearance in the US mainstream in 2016 and promoted there in 2017. Then a year later they did their very first stadium show in Citifield in 2018, and when their career took off they did a full on stadium tour in the States in 2019. Their career trajectory is so fascinating. They showed everyone that they can achieve these milestones through dedication of their craft, utmost effort and consistency.

Yes I was a fan before they made their appearance in US, I still remember staying up to watch them win social media artist award. Their growth will always fascinate me

• :pepe-tea:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Bp could never.

Thai Streaming farm bots can’t occupy actual stadiums.

first don't start shit here. this thread is about bts not blackpink.

second, you are wrong. they actually can.

After all they are the second biggest kpop group after bts and if twice can sell a stadium in US what makes you think blackpink cant who are generating much more streams from US than twice.

they have been underestimated a lot of times but they always prove people wrong. just wait for their tour.

lastly hating/ shading someone for no reason does not make you look cool. lets spread a lot of love in the world :wellr::lover3:

• I wonder what’ll happen in 2023.. solo tours? Do you think members can have stadium dates during their solo tours or they’ll just play safe with arena?

• This thread contains 18 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!