What's up with this use of "pick-me" lately?

• It's so weird, it's just being thrown around at every one at this point, especially women. At least it was. Now it's not even about a certain person being a pick-me, now we're also labelling fandoms as that as well. WTF :huuh: I've seen it on Twitter and TikTok too

And can we talk about this rise of idols like Yuna and Wonyoung being called pick-mes for acting cutesy and feminine? Last time I checked, women who act "boy-like" and enjoy traditional male things were called pick-mes and try hards for supposedly wanting to be like "one of the guys" and seeming totally different from other women. But a woman also acts feminine and cutesy, and is also called a pick-me because she's doing it for male attention..... :pepe-shame:

Pick-me wasn't even that bad when it became popular, it was mostly used for women who brought down other women for approval. Now you can't even be in a fandom cause someone will call you a pick-me..

PLS most of you guys using this term to seem smart aren't even out of school yet. Child focus on your studies :suure:

out of service

• It all starts with tik tok. Their was this trend of why other girls hate you and these are the pick me girls today.

Then their was the trend of hating the pick me girls.

Seriously speaking It's all hate from and to women. You can never win if you're a girl be it a pick me girl or a basic girl or a girly girl their is always something to hate about any type of girl.

And tbh that trend with female idols doesn't even make sense like yes their are girls who use being different as an excuse to shit on other women

But the female idols? Yuna or won young getting massive waves of hate for looking cute at the camera or accedantily touching some dudes arm for two seconds . It's really getting out of hand and these girls deserve better

• this phrase just gets on my nerves. kpop stan twitter has been calling yeonjun this every time he goes viral and i hate it so much

I think he is okay with his confiance since his fans called him it boy...korea 4gen

I dont the problem when idols have confiance...themselves

This is great thing for their futur carrer if you re really calm everytime...this is just annoying

women who act "boy-like" and enjoy traditional male things were called pick-mes and try hards for supposedly wanting to be like "one of the guys" and seeming totally different from other women. But a woman also acts feminine and cutesy, and is also called a pick-me because she's doing it for male attention

roast women anyway no matter what they do

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Kpop fans are inherently pick me - each person talks about how they're not like other fans and all the ways they're better and how their group is not like other groups and all the ways they're better.

The "not like other girls" energy is high in kpop. (And yes, I count myself here)

:pepepizza:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!