RE : Why did Yena tank hard this cb after Smiley did so well?

• i think her first song blew up after she did the tiktok challenge with a bunch of other celebs. i don't know if she did that with this new song but that probably doesnt work every time.

same thing happened with somi. everyone was doing the dumb dumb challenge but the xoxo challenge wasnt done much.

• Ah. I mean.....that's not bad though. It means she's known at least. She could have pulled Smiley up to chart at least within the top 100 and then the song carried itself the rest of the way. I always feel like getting top 100 is the real struggle. After that, a song quality can do the rest of the work.

SP started top 100 then fell off quickly.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• i think her first song blew up after she did the tiktok challenge with a bunch of other celebs. i don't know if she did that with this new song but that probably doesnt work every time.

same thing happened with somi. everyone was doing the dumb dumb challenge but the xoxo challenge wasnt done much.

XOXO was still top 40 for a while, though.

I looked into tiktok, and:

XOXO: 53K videos

SP: 2.3K videos (about one week, but many of the videos happen early)

DD: 175K videos

Smiley: 26K videos

Tiktok doesn't seem to be the reason, unless most of those 26K smiley videos are from Korea (impacting K-charts), whereas DD videos are from all over the world.

Edited once, last by hammerstan ().

• I think it'll last for some more time. Given eunbi and yuri kept their sales with no charting.

A couple years maybe, but it will drop off fast as people drop out of kpop or move on to other groups.

Solo is hard-mode for an idol career.

Edited once, last by hammerstan ().

• Keep in mind, Smiley actually took a couple of weeks to go up the chart, it sat at a pretty similar to Smartphone. With a full week of promotions this week, she'll be fine, plus her physical sales are way better with this release

smiley took time to rise no???

Difference is a lot of people who listened to Smiley and liked it also checked out Smartphone.

She debuted in the Melon Top 100 with Smartphone at like 95 or 94 and rose to like 89 before plummeting, unlike with Smiley, and she got over 100k ULs relatively quickly. The fact she did not retain those listeners is the issue. But, honestly, I hope you are right and it does rise.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Bibi is popular in the khh crowd but its true that she doesnt have the highest charting normally

I think this was her best charting song this year

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This song was an OST from the drama Our Beloved Summer and it had like 5 songs in the Melon 100. Bibi's OSTs do chart relatively well.

• As for SmartPhone not doing as well as Smiley, people just didn't connect as much with it. Smiley became popular through word of mouth and the tiktok challenges. SmartPhone started out higher than Smiley so people who liked Smiley also gave it a chance, maybe it just didn't click. While the b-sides grew on me, I still prefer the ones from the debut album.

She did really well on Album Sales and I really enjoyed all the YouTube shows Yena went on. It really is hard to chart well consistently especially relying on the GP. I'm still proud of her and enjoy her stages a lot.

• The quality of the song is not a big factor to the fandom.

And her fandom is almost entirely Wizones.

That will erode as time passes since Izone disbandment.

And even Wizones would prefer IVE and LSF, than soloists from Izone.

Smiley came before Ive and LSF had a sure footing, but now that is not the case.

Yena, Yuri and Eunbi should think of at least collaborating, if not forming their own group. Soloist have it much tougher to survive and succeed in Kpop, than groups.

Still Izone soloists will definitely turn profits, but it is doubtful if they ever are going to blow up.

• Naw her fandom isn't all Wiz*Ones anymore. Her sales almost doubled from Smiley didn't it? And Yuri was more popular than her during IZ*One days so if we were assuming that both of the girls only had Wiz*One fans still, then Yuri should be selling more than her.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!