April's Chaewon & Yena say that Hyunjoo is unfairly accusing them as 'assailants' and acting as a 'victim', the truth will be revealed

• Shortly after former April member Lee Hyun Joo personally spoke up to address the controversial rumors surrounding the group's bullying accusations, current April members Chaewon and Yena have also released their sides, each in length Instagram statements.

April's Chaewon wrote on April 18,

"Hello, this is April's Chaewon. First and foremost, I would like to apologize to the fans who must have been shocked by the various rumors. I'm sorry for causing concerns.
    I wanted everyone in April to become good friends, because I thought that we all had the same goals and were on the same path. I have never intentionally provoked negative relations between any of the members.
    After Somin unnie's departure, as the oldest, I did my best to care for each of the members, trying to make sure that we all got along; I especially paid attention to Hyunjoo, who was weak physically and emotionally. We all got along very well, since before our debut when we started preparing for April in 2014 and after our debut as well; all of the members and our families had good relations and I was also in touch with Hyunjoo's mother. I have evidence of this.
    If Hyunjoo has any dignity, she will remember this, and the truth will come out.
    The rumors involving our manager are also baseless and unfair. There is no way that a manager can turn a blind eye in their business matters, and during those days, our manager also endured a lot of stress due to incidents involving Hyunjoo. There is also evidence of this.
    We all debuted at an early age, and we were immature, so everyone struggled mentally. The struggles we endured during those days did not revolve around one person. We all struggled. I do not want to be hurt anymore by excessive suspicions.
    Group bullying, mistreatment, physical and verbal assault, insults, attacks against character, they are all false accusations.
    I held back because I hoped that the truth would be uncovered at court.
    I waited because you cannot just act simply for your own sake.
    But I felt that I could not wait any longer. I will make sure that the truth is revealed. Once again, I apologize to the fans who were shocked by these events. Thank you."

Similarly, April member Yena wrote on April 18,

"Hello, this is April's Yena.
    First, I apologize to everyone for causing concerns.
    We hoped that this matter would be resolved clearly through legal procedures, but it has come to a point where we cannot just sit by as the suspicions and accusations grow out of hand.
    We all started out at different stages in our lives, but we all came together as one under one goal, and came this far without resting. That is the precious team that is April.
    Throughout the years, we endured so many hardships that we should not have. Each of us had points when we were so tired and fed up that we wanted to give everything up, but the members and I bit down hard and just survived, these past 7 years.
    We were all so young and wanted to complain, but none of us showed that on the surface, fulfilling our given roles with responsibility. Because we were all so young, it was difficult to even care for one's own health.
    Because we were a team, and we all believed that we were in this together, we accepted that we had to catch ahold of a hand that falls behind, going through it together. This was a given. This is why we each did our very best, each in our respective ways. No matter how hard things got, we respected one another, we sacrificed, we wrote letters to one another when we were ill, we celebrated one another's birthdays.
    However, I always felt that this particular member pushed us out. They always thought that they were the obvious victim in incidents which involved everyone, and even when things happened unintentionally, they accused others of being guilty. I felt that when that member has no trust in her fellow members, there was no point in trying to work together.
    We had to endure the fear and burden of never being certain what would happen next.
    If it still comes to the fact that it was our fault that we were not able to care for someone who was so weak physically and emotionally, if it comes to the fact that this was the fault of even those who were younger than that member, then it is because of the merciless situation.
    We did not get this far because we are strong mentally and emotionally. We are the same people, we all suffered from physical and emotional pain. Those who did not go through those experiences will never know what kind of pain it was.
    Why are there people who are acting and talking as if they know what we went through better than us? Were you there when these events happened? Ever since that day, we have again endured and survived, not knowing what's going to happen. How much longer do we have to suffer. How long do we have to go through these things? We are hurt beyond recover at this point.
    I'm just so hurt that the 7 years that we worked hard toward have become nothing so quickly.
    I'm frightened that actions that I am not guilty of have suddenly become acts I've committed.
    Once again, I just want to say that there was no group bullying, mistreatment, physical or verbal abuse. We all went through hardships.
    I hope that our members and our fans are no longer hurt by rumors, exaggerations, and insults that I cannot even write here.
    I will work hard so that the truth is revealed for the sake of family, friends, and fans who have come to our aid, trusting in us."

• unless it's another T-ARA situation, which I give 1% chance is happening

let's be honest they are playing innocent, and DSP will probably say the same thing...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• by the way, anyone noticed that it's the middle of the night in Korea, like 4:30 AM now, and their responses were posted like 1 hour ago... how and why? shouldn't they be sleeping now?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There’s so many holes in April and DSP stories.

From the day Hyunjoo left in 2016. Everyone speculated she was bullied.

When she halted her schedules it was because of respiratory issues then it was confirmed she will be leaving to be an actress. Then in 2018 she went on the unit.

This all correlates with what she said even mentioning the fact that she got hate from the public for these instances.

Also, Yena sister got exposed for lying. Those two dates she mentioned that Hyunjoo was sick was because she went to the hospital for attempted suicide.

DSP is trying so hard to make April the victim using such old tactics when it’s obvious they are holding the real truth because why go so hard to sue Hyunjoo brother and her friends.

And again I do think this goes deep with Baby Kara as I mentioned in my other thread before. Since her brother mentioned another friend she helped as to why she got bullied. Hyunjoo confirmed she started getting bullied when she was preparing to debut. Knowing the reasoning behind it may open unnecessary issues for them.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• the mom3ent she joined the unit proved that the company lied about the reason why she left... dsp is extremely shady for all of this...

believe me if they had evidence they would have dropped it till now as april is already done, they would have never taken such a risk..

• believe me if they had evidence they would have dropped it till now as april is already done, they would have never taken such a risk..

That's flawed reasoning. There's no way to prove something did not happen. How could I prove I didn't have chicken for lunch yesterday for example? The burden of proof falls on those who carry accusations. Of course in situations like these, as we have seen many times already there's next to no physical evidence to present. It's mostly word against word.

• In every statement about Hyunjoo DSP/April have released so far they have been using the whole “emotionally and physically weak” and it never sat right with me.

It all reads very "she was pushing us back. She was weak. We all suffered" which is very victim blame-y to me. As if her being weak mentally and physically somehow justifies the way she was treated.

• IDT I like this response from the April girls. I wasn't a fan of Hyunjoo on the Unit, (Liked Yang Jiwon far more) but I remember everyone speculating that something had happened with her and April. I know it's easier to believe everyone else on the team against a girl, but bullying is often done in groups. Especially when one side has all the power, more people will join them. This screams victim-blaming imo.

• this situation is a mess, they are all accusing each one

and none of the sides are bringing real proof

they are all saying this is what happens , so trust me

Chaewon talked about some proof

Bring the proof girls, it'll clean april name if you bring them in front of the public

Honestly none of the side is make me believe them

the timing of the accusation of Hyunjoo doesn't sit right with me, why wait until a lot of idols are expose for bullying to finally talk, it's like she waited for this moment to finally speak up

but in the same time DSP and april media didn't bring any proof

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• the mom3ent she joined the unit proved that the company lied about the reason why she left... dsp is extremely shady for all of this...

let's not forget that Hyunjoo was and is still under DSP

if you were victim of bullying from your teamates and the company knew and protect them

Would you have stay in the same agency for 4 years after leaving your group ?

And it's not a question of having to pay for breaking the contract etc.... since in Korea you can break your contract with your agency in court and you don't have to pay anything

there's a lot of idols who left their agency without having to pays fees

there's too many things who doesn't sit right in both side

why is she staying in the same agency where she have been bullied, and the company protect her

risking to meet her past bullies everyday you go to the company etc.....

there's no logic here

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• there are two ways, either the one what you are saying

or something that some people might not really like...

she should announce retirement from industry, check how long her contract is, if it says 2 years, then just with support of brother and parents work somewhere, maybe even as part-timer, use this as healing time and them baam after 2 years be back saying, duh I signed with XYZ company welcome back bitches

• there are two ways, either the one what you are saying

or something that some people might not really like...

she should announce retirement from industry, check how long her contract is, if it says 2 years, then just with support of brother and parents work somewhere, maybe even as part-timer, use this as healing time and them baam after 2 years be back saying, duh I signed with XYZ company welcome back bitches

i don't know her story just seem weird to me

she said she have been bullied for 3 years, but she stayed in April only 1 years

which means she was bullied as a trainee for 2 years, a trainee can leave the agency whenever they want, why would she want to stay in a company like this and debut with the people who bullied her for 2 years, plus she was young , she could have left and find another company

another thing who seemed weird, is the fact that she said that the company stopped all her activities

and that she had a lot of opportunities who were refuse without her consent

but she literally appear in 4 drama and 1 drama, just in 2020

it doesn't sound to me like someone who had all her activities stopped and had a lot of opportunities refuse to her

also her story of my company doesn't want me to end my contract is dumb since we saw a lot of story in Kpop where company doesn't want to end the contract, that doesn't prevent people of end their contract with their company. You can end the contract without having you company to agree or not

and i'm not taking any side

i just see a lot of people highlighting the incoherence in DSP and April statement

but nobody never talked about the incoherence in her story

• These statements carry the same sentiment where they imply or outright say that she was weak and should have sucked it up because everyone has problems. They're both blaming her for playing a victim and being troublesome to deal with on the team. It makes them look really bad.

They should have consulted a pr professional because this should have definitely stayed in the drafts.

If it still comes to the fact that it was our fault that we were not able to care for someone who was so weak physically and emotionally

• So you just give up your dream because of stupid bitches? The girl had a dream and worked hard for it. Maybe she thought it would stop one day so she endured it?

The company stopped her activities after the bullying accusations. Not before, obviously.

About leaving the company. She signed a contract. Maybe she would have to pay tons of money to get out of the contract and maybe she doesn't have that much money and she's going to court now anyway.

You say you're not on either side, yet you obviously are. I don't see why she would lie about this. Like seriously, why would she? On the other side, I can easily tell why the company and the other members would lie.

• don't know

ask hwayoung and her sister why she act like the victim of bullying for years when she wasn't

• I'm usually neutral about things but their statements screams being emotionally manipulative towards Hyunjoo.

They keep saying she is emotionally and physically weak and they probably don't realize they are being abusive, people like that usually don't.

External Content twitter.com

• I see a lot of confusion in this thread. Expecting from someone you work with to be up to the task at hand is not abuse. It's not mistreatment.

The other members said Hyunjoo was unreliable. Well, that's a pretty huge deal when you're in a group, trying to break through in a cutthroat industry. The members said they all had to deal with their own personal issues, their own struggles and it's true; everyone faces challenges. Others can help you to some extent but at the end of the day, you have to prove yourself as an asset, not a hindrance. So if things happened the way they said, it's no surprise that some friction occured; still, it's not abuse nor mistreatment. If anything, DSP was right in withdrawing her from the group early.

• They're all teenagers, its the company and leaders job to make sure every member is fine and resolve any long conflicts between them. From the evidence its apparent that hyunjoo hurting and even tried to kill herself. From some videos we can see how sometimes they ostracized her. If she's indeed weak mentally and physically, then they should give more proper care to her instead of blaming her for everything, though i understand how weak link/dead weight frustrated you, but i thought she's one of the famous april member before and obviously matter a lot to the team

• I see a lot of confusion in this thread. Expecting from someone you work with to be up to the task at hand is not abuse. It's not mistreatment.

The other members said Hyunjoo was unreliable. Well, that's a pretty huge deal when you're in a group, trying to break through in a cutthroat industry. The members said they all had to deal with their own personal issues, their own struggles and it's true; everyone faces challenges. Others can help you to some extent but at the end of the day, you have to prove yourself as an asset, not a hindrance. So if things happened the way they said, it's no surprise that some friction occured; still, it's not abuse nor mistreatment. If anything, DSP was right in withdrawing her from the group early.

That's why they also have to remove Soojin because her scandal is hindering the rest of GIDLE.

• Why they keep calling Hyunjoo mentally weak in their statements? The one y'all pointing mentally weak at has attempt suicide (because of you bullies)... Both of them are guilty asf.
    The way they put out their statements doesn't sits right for me.

• This thread contains 21 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!