Will NewJeans be able to keep their momentum?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's pretty obvious NewJeans is going to get a PAK, making them the biggest gg debut since Blackpink. Only two girl groups with debuts this huge managed to keep this kind of momentum going in Korea and even managed to outpeak their debuts; those groups being Girls Generation and Blackpink. Will NewJeans join them or will they peak with their debut?

• snsd song didnt chart like this or bp at debut, the other closest thing was dalla dalla

and honestly I dont think so, this group isnt moved by ifans going by their international numbers but kfans and 4th gen fans from korea just jump from group to group: from itzy, to gidle, to stayc, to aespa to ive to lsfm to nj to the next new shiny thing

in 2021 people were saying stayc and aespa were reviving gg charting, look at them now and all that is in kcharts.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• snsd song didnt chart like this or bp at debut, the other closest thing was dalla dalla

and honestly I dont think so, this group isnt moved by ifans going by their international numbers but kfans and 4th gen fans from korea just jump from group to group: from itzy, to gidle, to stayc, to aespa to ive to lsfm to nj to the next new shiny thing

in 2021 people were saying stayc and aespa were reviving gg charting, look at them now and all that is in kcharts.

Really you forget that they have Min Heejin in the background, so they can't fail with her experience. And the problem of ifan or spotify, nj will definitely improve day by day, because they come from big company.

• External Content twitter.com

It's pretty obvious NewJeans is going to get a PAK, making them the biggest gg debut since Blackpink. Only two girl groups with debuts this huge managed to keep this kind of momentum going in Korea and even managed to outpeak their debuts; those groups being Girls Generation and Blackpink. Will NewJeans join them or will they peak with their debut?

Youtube charts are now included for PAK purposes. Aren't they 4th right now behind strong streaming fandoms like Dives and Midzys? And Blackpink is coming in like ten days. I think RAK is a very reasonable goal but PAKs are gonna be really hard to come by.

• Youtube charts are now included for PAK purposes. Aren't they 4th right now behind strong streaming fandoms like Dives and Midzys? And Blackpink is coming in like ten days. I think RAK is a very reasonable goal but PAKs are gonna be really hard to come by.

agreed, YT just isnt there and the crunch of late August comebacks is coming. Their timing could not have been better to be charting like this

• Really you forget that they have Min Heejin in the background, so they can't fail with her experience. And the problem of ifan or spotify, nj will definitely improve day by day, because they come from big company.

No, I don't

Stayc has bpe, aespa has sm, big companies and big names backing them and they still are where they are today bc it's not about who they have, it's about how much novelty each group has. I have see all this ggs debut and cmb, the huge hype they had and how said hype have lesser with time

I just pointing out what I have see the past 4 years, nothing makes this situation any diffenrent

• No, I don't

Stayc has bpe, aespa has sm, big companies and big names backing them and they still are where they are today bc it's not about who they have, it's about how much novelty each group has. I have see all this ggs debut and cmb, the huge hype they had and how said hype have lesser with time

I just pointing out what I have see the past 4 years, nothing makes this situation any diffenrent

Really, it's all about the success of a successful group: strategy and music.

bep can make good music but doesn't have a good strategy, that's why stayc is still struggling to find thier place. Even their fans had to go on pann to suggest the company a hairstyle and by the time b with run2u bep had really stopped doing weird hairstyles for the members lol. SM too, they have a good strategy but their music is never guaranteed.

But Minheejin has both, her debut strategy is an example and her music selection is also amazing, she created one of the best kpop albums is Pink Tape

• Really, it's all about the success of a successful group: strategy and music.

bep can make good music but doesn't have a good strategy, that's why stayc is still struggling to find thier place. Even their fans had to go on pann to suggest the company a hairstyle and by the time b with run2u bep had really stopped doing weird hairstyles for the members lol. SM too, they have a good strategy but their music is never guaranteed.

But Minheejin has both, her debut strategy is an example and her music selection is also amazing, she created one of the best kpop albums is Pink Tape

Min heejin didn't created pink tape musically, those were sm producers so music is up to hybe she just did they visual design. U give me names, I give u back names from other GG's that were in the same exact position.

Like I said nothing in this case is any different, and nothing in the case of the GG's that will debut next year from big companies will difer either

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!