GOT the beat was such a smart move from SM

• GOT the beat was a project Girlgroup with aespa members who have tons of young fans with rv, snsd members and boa who have more older fans because they are in the industry for a very long time

now why do i think GOT the beat was a really smart move from SM for their GG ?

1. Taeyeon target a more older public in korea, because they grow with snsd so they know who's taeyeon, while the young public know some of the song but aren't looking to hercomeback for example as much than they do with younger groups
    2. Boa isn't promoting a lot recently so she's losing lot of hype
    3. same for hyoyeon
    4. Red velvet did well with queendom but to keep being able to have a long longevity you need to be able to still being able to attract the younger audience and not just focus on the audience you already have

that's when aespa come to play, they have been able to target a lot younger audience with their success in the chart, and by adding them to GOT the beat SM was able to use the exposure that Aespa had recently and use it so it can benefit their other female artist.

but looking like this it seems that aespa didn't really had any benefit from this experience ? well looking at it you can see that the older sm girlgroup fans were also able to connect to aespa members, because everybody dreamed for years of a group with snsd members, rv and boa in it so everybody was looking at this project and people who weren't familiar with Aespa, could learn to know them through this project.

+ By performing with older artist aespa was able to learn a lot of thing and you can notice it by watching how karina and winter perform with GOT, this experience will be very helpful for their futur promo

SM did a really smart move by using the experience of their older group as a kind of "teaching lesson" for aespa members

while using Aespa popularity and success to use it at their advantage so it can benefit their older GG in the futur by bringing them a younger audience too, and i think that this is maybe a good factor of why GOT the beat, INVU, feel the rhythm have been so successfull in the chart

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Honestly for me if we go song by song comparison then Wow Thing was much, much better.

And here I think that they've did it because there is no way SNSD will make a proper group comeback with tv show promotions so they've just picked whoever was available and wasn't controversial and it worked.

Also one thing that made song do so well is what you pointed out - MY's, because this song was build similar to aespa songs, was modern and had follow ups to Next Level which was a hit.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!