Blinks who were there in debut era, what was it like?

• I want to go back in time. Blinks were supportive of all the girls, little to no akgaes.

We also had little content but we enjoyed every bit of what we got, in peace. The first debut stage, the nervousness, Jennie and her accident (I was about to cry) and then finally seeing them on stage, their first win. All their best songs and stage performances are from that era. The best thing was the music festivals, they were all so hyped on stage, little monster rookies.

The only negative side was the hiatus at that time, you could clearly tell that the girls wanted to release more music but couldn't because of yg. But since aiiyl is my favorite song I didn't mind how many times they've performed it.

All in all, the best memories and it's incredible to see how far they've come.

#jennie from I have tasted the stars #jennie from I have tasted the stars image

Edited once, last by leneny ().

• I even remember the predebut days. Checking the Onehallyu predebut thread every week for new pixelated pictures of the girls backs and faces.

The Miyeon leaving meltdown sometime during 2015 or 2016. I thanked god that Jinny was not part of the group because they were some nasty videos of her going around bullying a young boy playing on his Nintendo 3DS and making fun of his weight. You know YG made sure to remove every trace of that video. It was completely(well probably not) gone from the internet shortly after it surfaced.

Fun times and Blinks were so supportive and hyped for the girls. Oh and a lot of predebut fans were disappointed that they name wasn't "Pinkpunk" only to not give a shit after all because they finally debuted after over 4 years teasing. In hindsight Blackpink was a much better choice.

• At first I thought they would disband it was so frustrating, but nothing will compare to 2018. You luck you didn’t stan them at that time. Never see so much Hate for a group, it was a fucking nightmare

• I even remember the predebut days. Checking the Onehallyu predebut thread every week for new pixelated pictures of the girls backs and faces.

The Miyeon leaving meltdown sometime during 2015 or 2016. I thanked god that Jinny was not part of the group because they were some nasty videos of her going around bullying a young boy playing on his Nintendo 3DS and making fun of his weight. You know YG made sure to remove every trace of that video. It was completely(well probably not) gone from the internet shortly after it surfaced.

Fun times and Blinks were so supportive and hyped for the girls. Oh and a lot of predebut fans were disappointed that they name wasn't "Pinkpunk" only to not give a shit after all because they finally debuted after over 4 years teasing. In hindsight Blackpink was a much better choice.

The meltdown when the ot4 pics were teased when everyone was waiting for Jinny's pictures :pepe-life-support:

I was actually happy with the lineup as well, but some poor blinks were about to pass out cause we all were expecting more than four members.

Honestly, I wasn't too fond of "blackpink" either, but now I can't imagine them with any other name.

I also remember when "Blink" was revealed as the fandom name, everyone disliked it and thought it was a joke till Jennie confirmed it in her ig post. Wild times

• Kpop stans used to drag them all the time. "They only have views", "they only have 9 songs", "YG mediaplay", "are they singers or models","they lack stage presence" endless etc. I guess it's still that way, but nowadays no one question their power anymore aside delusionals.

during their debut days? I don't remember this. They were honestly constantly praised for their stages at that time. The models drag wasn't used that often either cause they barely had any solo activities 2016-2017. Things started to go downhill in 2018 with solo and when they released d4, it's when the views started being "irrelevant" and they were starting to get bashed a lot.

• It was awesome.

The hype was real

everybody liked them

But after awhile when everyone realized that BP

was going to be a huge threat to their faves

It all started to change ...

• Personally, a little confusing cause I was pretty new in K-pop, so I grew up as a K-pop stan together with them. As a consequence, I didn't know what/how was their Awards shows, or Music Shows, os wins, or Melon, Weekly Idol etc, so It was hard to follow their activities.

I was innocent too, cause I thought they would release a lot of music like other K-pop acts used to do.

But apart from that all, I was amazing, cause everyone used to like the girls. They were I-fans favorite rookie gg. Barely used to have akgaes. I checked twitter and othe social media and everyone used to praise them. It's kinda painful looking back and see how they became so hated just for making success.

• I discovered them shortly after Aiiyl & So hot remix was definitely treated as a cb cause like that was fire lol

That 1 year hiatus wasn't really unbearable due to BP house, that's really how I got to know the pinks on a slow pace, I think it was the perfect time without too much content out there to overwhelm me or anything

• debut days they were praised by everyone. especially international fans i remember bg stans specifically were obsessed with them bc 2016 was still the year when ggs were coming back with cute concepts and a lot of international stans didn’t really enjoy that and would even shit on ggs for being too childish. basically the hate bp gets now was what twice experienced in 2016 and then it switched after square up.

one thing that was frustrating was that yg promised we’d get 8 mvs but we only ended up with 4 by the end of the year... looking back idk how anyone believed we yg of all companies would drop 8 mvs in 4 months lmfaoooo but yeah a lot of people were mad when they didn’t fulfil that promise...

jennie was superrrr popular at debut too i feel like that’s why i was shocked to see people switch up so fast in 2018 because she was THAT bitch when they debuted.

lisa’s outfits were a big topic like everyone thought she had the worst clothes especially that feathery dress at the 2017 gaon awards i think? and then she ended up saying in their ot4 vlive that it was her fave dress i thought that was funny maybe she saw how blinks reacted?

and i remember when people thought rosé and jisoo looked super alike no one really says that anymore though

• Discovered them at debut. Didn't know or follow them pre debut. I loved BBY and Whistle. But became a fan fan after PWF and Stay era. Had no idea how long OG fans were waiting for them to debut or the plans YG had to debut them with 8 songs/mvs. Had I known that I would have been pissed. All I knew in those early days was that they and their songs were great. And getting 4 songs/mvs in a span of a few months made me think they were going to be just like any other girl groups. Man was I wrong.

When AIIYL dropped, I heard it was just a gift for fans until an album dropped or something. Had no idea that was going to be the hiatus from hell. But despite that, it was amusing to see how popular they were getting despite the lack of content. It was also funny seeing so many people denying their popularity. Us fans knew thought that when they came back it would shut all the haters up. And then D4 happened. And they did.

A few years later, love the girls even more. And hate YGE the same.

Can't wait for Rosés solo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!