Normal Kpop threads don't get any attention and it sucks eyy

• Seriously, regular appreciation or discussion threads get like at most 1/2 pages for me, whereas controversial opinions can go to 5/6 pages. This was actually the opposite almost when I first joined the forum, my top thread was a twice appreciation one, so its interesting how that changed.

I dunno what happened in the forums, but we used to be so much more active and fandoms used to comment on different groups' threads. I feel like recently, people rarely venture out of their faves content and tend to be more combative of other fandoms. Seriously like all the MY's are gone, I rarely see NCtzens that active, rn its really only army, blinks, and onces who are active on main.

What happened?

• NCTzens don't post in the main forum for obvious reasons. Once 127 announces a comeback I honestly probably won't leave the guild unless it's to post teasers.

:nct6:

• TBH, I think the new forums have something to do with it. Because there are so many forums and sub forums and subsub forums, it seems a lot less busy than it once was.

Like there are people who rarely venture out of the guilds but are quite active in the guilds. There were some that, before I hid the sections, I only ever saw in the Dumpster fire or netizen noise sections, some rarely leave the lounge, others stay in the kpop section.

There are so many places to be right now that unless it's drama, which will always attract attention, most people don't care to post in other places no matter what the thread is.

im curious how it used to be in the old forum then.. i think i remember there was a dragging thread which probably operated same as anon section :pepe-magnify: and wasnt there guilds pre revamp aswell?

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• well, some fandoms prefer to stick to their guilds.

Also, I think less people became active on the forum in general. It's not really exclusive to any fandom perse. why idk it can vary from person to person. I'm sure some of the toxicity and certain users have turned people away. Maybe they disliked how the forum was moderated. Or perhaps they carried on with their lives and got bored of the forum.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• it sucks we wont get answers from those users who arent active in main anymore... since theyre not active in main anymore :pepe-puddle:

can we do a forum wide questionnaire on why this is happening or an analysis @ripia

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• TBH, I think the new forums have something to do with it. Because there are so many forums and sub forums and subsub forums, it seems a lot less busy than it once was.

Like there are people who rarely venture out of the guilds but are quite active in the guilds. There were some that, before I hid the sections, I only ever saw in the Dumpster fire or netizen noise sections, some rarely leave the lounge, others stay in the kpop section.

There are so many places to be right now that unless it's drama, which will always attract attention, most people don't care to post in other places no matter what the thread is.

Good point. I remember I took a hiatus came back and there were like 3 more subforums lol. I doubt the answering anon or other sorta of random subforums do much. Its confusing because its actually alot to navigate through eyy.

• also it's summer... lots of the school aged users aren't here as often during summer. It was like this last year too.

• it sucks we wont get answers from those users who arent active in main anymore... since theyre not active in main anymore :pepe-puddle:

can we do a forum wide questionnaire on why this is happening or an analysis @ripia

Yeah there are alot of users whom I only talk to in the guilds. And even the guilds get kinds dead sometimes.

• also it's summer... lots of the school aged users aren't here as often during summer. It was like this last year too.

Actually thats a great point eyy. I leave during finals weeks but summer i just same old for me now in college. Still got work so its really not much different. But the others could be on vacation and stuff I suppose.

• NCTzens don't post in the main forum for obvious reasons. Once 127 announces a comeback I honestly probably won't leave the guild unless it's to post teasers.

:nct6:

Ppl bash groups too much and then push the fans away. Felt bad for mys who got bashed os much for selling well..

And the stans who look down on other groups

sigh.....

• Lol. When I came back from my hiatus it was the same, there were so many new places.

I don't know, I have the anon parts hidden but I would say it's the same, there are people who just stay in those places.

True and tbh anons gets much more activity than main kpop subforum.

I would post there but its too confusing with everyone having random nicknames. And it gets more toxic. At least ppl answer tho lol

• Yeah I made a thread who's your favourite sub unit it didn't even get 2 pages.

I made a thread why do you Stan your favourite group same flop results..

Users are constantly complaining about the so called toxic threads but then that's all they comment on lol

Its def some dissonance. But I remember before positive thread did get more replies than now. Though maybe it being summer has an effect.

• That's cause we have barely any users online and on allkpop in general.

And some of them just stay in guilds as well.

We need to build the forum all over again.

Eyy got work ahead then. Tbh as a newbie the forums were quite confusing for me lol, guess we have to retain new and active users?

• Attention you say?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Yeah.

Activity and user count already has increased a bit in the last 1-2 days.

But not enough sadly.

Eyy I think it'll get there August will be alot of big group comebacks. I already see more new blink users etc and some older users active. Lol the blink guild went from dead to at least 10 pages a day now.

• Yeah.

Activity and user count already has increased a bit in the last 1-2 days.

But not enough sadly.

how much more does it need to be increased by? I think BPs comeback in august will save this forum :pepe-pray: if you think about it since their last group activity is when things went downhill :pepe-big-brain:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• not to be controversial but man these were the days like the questionable users were so funny

No like actually it was do much fun clowning around lol. Tho I just lurked.

• Eyy I think it'll get there August will be alot of big group comebacks. I already see more new blink users etc and some older users active. Lol the blink guild went from dead to at least 10 pages a day now.

Yep ive started seeing more new users pop up and old when ive used the blink taglist which means the blinks are coming back in preparation for the comeback :pepe-pray: too bad we wont have any army now that bts is on hiatus :pepe-high-five: but atleast twice cb at same time will increase once activity

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Yep ive started seeing more new users pop up and old when ive used the blink taglist which means the blinks are coming back in preparation for the comeback :pepe-pray: too bad we wont have any army now that bts is on hiatus :pepe-high-five: but atleast twice cb at same time will increase once activity

Getting an ive comeback and a snsd comeback too.

Actually the ive guild is made up of mostly new users who are decently active.

Shout out the desdesdes  curlyfriez  wizone4life

VaniLuci they all keep the guild alive! And they are mostly new users.

• Personally I don't really interact with appreciation threads, only when they're funny, I have nothing to say :oops:

I like discussion threads tho

eyy I notice more activity on my discussion threads than appreciation ones. Threads about universal kpop issues get more replies fo sho. Like the taste is subjective thread.

• eyy I notice more activity on my discussion threads than appreciation ones. Threads about universal kpop issues get more replies fo sho. Like the taste is subjective thread.

Yeah like there’s only much you can react to an appreciation thread. Photo dumbs are at least different photos, but some appreciation threads will be an echo chamber of “king/queen behavior”, same goes for most chart threads. Discussion threads at least let users share their opinions. And I’m not counting on troll behavior ^^

But I do understand it’s just a personal preference of mine

• Yeah like there’s only much you can react to an appreciation thread. Photo dumbs are at least different photos, but some appreciation threads will be an echo chamber of “king/queen behavior”, same goes for most chart threads. Discussion threads at least let users share their opinions. And I’m not counting on troll behavior ^^

But I do understand it’s just a personal preference of mine

No that def makes sense. I'll try more discussion based thread. They just tend to take more effort and time ya know? Sometimes si just want to brainless hype my faves eyy

• and then you see some users crying and whinning in controversial thread and commenting there about how it's not fair, etc.....

but the funny thing is that you see this user pretty much in 90% of the time in controversial thread and never in other thread taking part and commenting in more appreciation thread etc....

Okay, now I know this isn’t me being described. I’m safe for now.

• I really agree with a lot of this. I didn't go through that myself, but had I known this forum's reputation before I joined, I might have just for the fun of it, and since people wouldn't have known me, they wouldn't have known to what extent I was being serious or not. I tend to try my best and warmly welcome all new users when I see them, even if they post things I agree with (as long as it doesn't break the rules or go too far that is). Most of them are pretty cool people.

• eyy, I totally agree. I think older users can be hard on new users or judge them too quickly, so its def important!

:eyes:did, ya really get that many reports on me? Eyy, well I'm glad everything worked out.

Same with armystan7 they're quite a nice user actually.

• I really agree with a lot of this. I didn't go through that myself, but had I known this forum's reputation before I joined, I might have just for the fun of it, and since people wouldn't have known me, they wouldn't have known to what extent I was being serious or not. I tend to try my best and warmly welcome all new users when I see them, even if they post things I agree with (as long as it doesn't break the rules or go too far that is). Most of them are pretty cool people.

hehe remember I told you I thought you were too sweet to be a real user?

• I’ve noticed this too and while it never stops me from posting threads very few people look at, it always kills me that people complain about negativity but don’t engage with the positive threads, just like they complain about being over Kpop every day in a Kpop forum. ^^

People stay in the guilds to avoid the drama, honestly. Sometimes I just want to enjoy my faves without having to whip out my NCT bingo card to handle random drive bys on a thread about noise music, too many members, China, streams or hating SM.

If we talk in the guild about how we don’t like a new song or hate the direction our group is taking or complain about members, it’s just people talking (sometimes heatedly) but without the vitriol to just come by and make a nasty comment for no reason.

Hell, even just moving a watch party out of our guild had someone complaining when it won thread of the month. This doesn’t really tell me I need to be doing anything in the main forum, let alone hosting something there and giving away my own akorns again. No, sir, I’ll just keep it in the guild where I can avoid the drama.

Something about NCT 127 makes people lose their fucking minds and it was a shitshow here on Sticker release so I get why many Czennies left and didn’t come back. (There weren’t many to begin with.) Just as I get why Mys and Blinks left and didn’t come back.

I think there are some really cool people here and I like being able to talk music or geek out over a new video. For me, the great people outweigh the bullshittery but I also understand how for some people it’s totally not worth it.

Also, akp slowed down last summer too, which seems to be a thing. AKP is the last forum standing and I’d certainly be sad to see it go even if it makes me crazy sometimes.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!