More signs RV-OT5 is over

• Irene - goes by the her actress name Bae Juhyun now. acting seems to be her main concern

Seulgi - is getting solo CF work. lives in her own apartment

Joy - also doing stuff alone with her own friends

Wendy - solo MC activity, lives separately, I think with her parents

Yeri - started doing acting and has other solo gigs

All these members now have separate work and lives from each other. They are at that stage where it will be very difficult to “get the band back together” for a group comeback because they have individual obligations

In a few months their contract is over, but as per SM tradition, they pre-signed for 2 more years. Unless they get the Jessica treatment. Just enjoy 2 more years of their solo activities under SM. They might keep Yeri and Seulgi long term. Irene will probably leave after the 2 years. Joy and Wendy will be on their own after that

• All these members now have separate work and lives from each other. They are at that stage where it will be very difficult to “get the band back together” for a group comeback because they have individual obligations

Same with SNSD

Like, I'm not even into rv, but its pretty sad, see what happened to their senior group, repeating itself with them. Its a slow silent death, and despite not listening to them, is quite depressing to see an icon of the 3rd gen just fade away, and disappear like that, I hope that they will at least have a comeback once more, but knowing SM I also have my doubts

• Plenty of other groups do solo activities to stretch themselves then regroup for comebacks. It doesn't necessarily mean they're over. Living alone just means they're a senior group. Lots of senior groups have their own places and live alone when they're not actively promoting, then may or may not return to a shared house when they're in active promotion just because it's convenient. Nobody's talking about BTS or EXO disbanding, even though they each have their own places now and have members that act, have their own studios, produce their own mixtapes, launch fashion lines, model, write/produce for other artists and groups, etc. Heck, GOT7 has a member that moved back to the US and they still managed to drop a MV as soon as they left their company, with seemingly every intention of still occasionally performing as a band. RV did a concert appearance as recently as January in the SM New Years performance, so it's not like they're inactive as a unit.

I don't think the situation is as dire as you're making out.

• Plenty of other groups do solo activities to stretch themselves then regroup for comebacks. It doesn't necessarily mean they're over. Living alone just means they're a senior group. Lots of senior groups have their own places and live alone when they're not actively promoting, then may or may not return to a shared house when they're in active promotion just because it's convenient. Nobody's talking about BTS or EXO disbanding, even though they each have their own places now and have members that act, have their own studios, produce their own mixtapes, launch fashion lines, model, write/produce for other artists and groups, etc. Heck, GOT7 has a member that moved back to the US and they still managed to drop a MV as soon as they left their company, with seemingly every intention of still occasionally performing as a band. RV did a concert appearance as recently as January in the SM New Years performance, so it's not like they're inactive as a unit.

I don't think the situation is as dire as you're making out.

there’s a big difference. Boy groups stay promoting together because they make shit ton of money. For GGs the money from group comeback or promotion isn’t enough to overcome the hassle

• there’s a big difference. Boy groups stay promoting together because they make shit ton of money. For GGs the money from group comeback or promotion isn’t enough to overcome the hassle

Let's not kid ourselves, RV makes plenty of money. They're one of the more popular GGs out there, and to some extent their personal fame depends on being known as "part of RV", so there's motivation to keep promoting as a group even if just to keep their profiles high for their individual activities.

• Blackpink also all have solo activities and live in their own apartments and I don't think they're disbanding any time soon. But I also think if RV was going to come back as OT5 anytime soon it would have already happened, and none of the members have said anything about a comeback either. I would hate to see them go out like this but at least Psycho was a great song

• Let's not kid ourselves, RV makes plenty of money. They're one of the more popular GGs out there, and to some extent their personal fame depends on being known as "part of RV", so there's motivation to keep promoting as a group even if just to keep their profiles high for their individual activities.

your’e not seeing the difference in proportion

Boy groups can earn tens of millions from sticking together. GGs would earn like some ten thousands in comparison. They are better off getting profit from solo activities and less of a pain because as a group they are required to do all that fan service shit

This is why GG members post contract, almost as a rule, prefer going their separate ways compared to BGs. It’s all economics

• Both Joy and Yeri said their comeback is happening in the first half of this year on bubble chat with Reveluvs. Don’t think they’d lie and say that if it wasn’t already in process behind the scenes

• RV's sub-unit had the highest album sales for female non-group artists.

Psycho was a megahit w/o promotion.

Even with 1+ year of no group activity and promotions, Red Velvet still are the #3 gg in monthly listeners at Spotify.

Wendy's fully recovered and gearing up again, so a comeback is possible again.

But hey, let's see how things go.

I've bookmarked this thread, so let's see how this thread will age, and see if you turned out to be right or wrong :suggestiver::siptear:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited once, last by FoReveries ().

• Both Joy and Yeri said their comeback is happening in the first half of this year on bubble chat with Reveluvs. Don’t think they’d lie and say that if it wasn’t already in process behind the scenes

Poor, innocent souls. Luna has also been talking about "comeback soon" for years. SNSD/Oh-GG members also keep "hinting", yet nothing.

I've been following kpop for 21 years. And lived in this wretched world for almost 4 decades. I can see through a lot of bullshit at this point in life. Maybe one day you will too

https://netizenbuzz.blogspot.c…-at-fx-comeback-soon.html

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/luna-no-disbandment-fx/

• Poor, innocent souls. Luna has also been talking about "comeback soon" for years. SNSD/Oh-GG members also keep "hinting", yet nothing.

I've been following kpop for 21 years. And lived in this wretched world for almost 4 decades. I can see through a lot of bullshit at this point in life. Maybe one day you will too

:-) Like said, we'll see how it goes.

If Red Velvet has a comeback this year, will you give all your acorns to the people in this thread? :claps:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Same with SNSD

Like, I'm not even into rv, but its pretty sad, see what happened to their senior group, repeating itself with them. Its a slow silent death, and despite not listening to them, is quite depressing to see an icon of the 3rd gen just fade away, and disappear like that, I hope that they will at least have a comeback once more, but knowing SM I also have my doubts

I dont know if it's SM. The question is do the girls even want to do another comeback? Maybe they're ready to move on to the next stage of their lives as CF and TV actresses, modeling and endorsements, YT influencers, or solo and subunit musical projects.

• Irene went by her legal/real name to not drag movie down after her controversy,

for example some mid-age, or older people might still watch it and don't even know who she is, because not all people are following kpop etc.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!