Do u classify yourself as a stan?

• What are the requirements for it? How would u say u are, like casual fan or straight up stan or what do u feel like? And what would classify that?

Like, I say I’m a stan of some groups but tbh idk if I really am. Like with exo I would say I usually stay up to date with them by like Twitter or on the forums or in the guild and listen on YouTube and Spotify and like watch shows if they’re in it, but that’s kinda it 🧍‍♀️

Compared to other fans it’s like they’re a completely different level and like idk if what I do is enough I guess idk :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

Every other group I just listen to idk anything about majority of stuff unless it’s from 2015/2016 or it’s a huge scandal or whatever. At this point even with ones I “stan” It just observing than anything else. I’m not as involved or maybe it’s just cause I’m older now so it’s not as much of a priority

idk what I’m talking about lol :pepe-bonk:

• I think a fan of a group would just be into their music and/or performance, while a stan would follow their activity up close, participate in discussions about the members as well as defending them when they're attacked by antis, watch variety, watch livestreams, check the charts, etc.

I would say I'm a stan for NCT, EXO, Red Velvet and Stray Kids, and a fan of tons of other kpop groups/artists whom I listen to but don't follow closely.

• Well ofc there is no hard and fast rule on what makes one or not, but for me, I would consider myself one if I listen to a groups b-sides.

Like I watch ITZY/TWICE/Red Velvet comebacks and their videos (either from the company or a virality show) because I like the girls but I would not consider myself a stan as I do not listen to their b-sides / buy albums / participate in their fan events

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• You’re a stan.

For me a stan is someone who keeps up with news related to the group apart from just listening to the music.

E.g I’m a blackpink or Taylor swift fan meaning I don’t check out their interviews I don’t care what they do in their off time I don’t know if they have colabs or endorsements etc

With exo I know pretty much everything they do more or less so I’m a stan.

I don’t think buying albums or streaming is a requirement to be a stan. But your interest is more than just their music and you like them as people enough for you to “stalk” all their events and happenings.

• I consider myself an exo stan, first because I spend money on their albums and I don't do that with groups I am a fan of, I also watched all the content they have outside music and performances. It's more than just the music.

I am then a casual fan of some ggs and solo artists as I follow their comebacks, listen to their music and if I want I also check their performances

EXOEXIST - The 7th Album 2023.07.10
    https://i.postimg.cc/TYFk7v3d/letmeinexo-1.gif https://i.postimg.cc/G2XKvZf1/letmeinexo-2.gif

• Good luck defining that - fan/stan etc.,

It is difficult to get a consensus.

Still one could try,

Fan - should at least have spent some money and effort (like going to a concert) few times etc.

Stan - in addition to being a fan, would have a greater degree of obsession, like turning every conversation (online/offline) towards their fave, knowing most irrelevant trivia about their faves etc., And typical exhibit negativity/hate towards whom they consider rivals or fan of those rivals. Take offense over random things.

I don't qualify for 'fandom' itself :)

There are few acts I like, but what I like more is discussing the Kpop industry, which is comparatively well organized, charts etc., so trends can be analyzed and projected -data crunching, that is the fun for me, aside from the music. But I am not spending money over collectibles and concerts.

• I do classify myself as a stan, I mean I do watch my faves contents and listen to their music. I don't feel like there are no set rules to be a stan or a casual fan is just whatever you vibe with, being into kpop is not a chore or something of the same nature that needs rules or steps you are just there to enjoy the music and see your faves.

• No. I just support the artists, groups and their songs/MVs that I like..if they are inconsistent or lacking in track quality, I don't like over half of their most recent drop or enough songs in their catalog, they def. won't get any physical album or concert support from me...maybe a few track "votes" (d/l), streams or MV watches..but that's it.

• I feel like a fan listens to music, while a stan follows TV shows, appearances, content, news. I stan EXO and NCT. I know all the members, their ages (generally speaking - at the least I know their age order) and their personalities (or at least their on-camera and sometimes on-camera off-camera personalities LOL). I know when the groups debuted and little fandom inside jokes. I knew the instant a cb was announced and am tracking it closely.

In contrast, I'm a fan of RV. I like their music, have lots of songs in my playlists and could name all the albums. I'll always check out their newest release and probably have some idea of when it's coming. I don't know any fandom references or their ages or their debut date.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!