Stop Expecting Your Group To Never “Decline”

• I see tons of Kpop fans talk about Twice capturing the general public with their music like they did so consistently from 2016-2019. Twice is a 7 year old group now. It’s time for the new generation to come and dominate like Twice used to do.

This is the same for groups like RV, Mamamoo, GF. These were the top groups of the 3rd gen for girl groups. But now they are either disbanded or their releases don’t do as magnificently as when they were new. This doesn’t mean they do bad either just, ok. Twice probably will have another huge song again but I don’t think it is right to expect 2016-2019 Twice to come back and be as dominating. I mean Twice already does amazing in their 7th year as it is especially internationally.

With BTS slowing down group releases and BP basically nonexistent after a release it is expected that 4 th gen groups will begin their accent.

• It is inevitable that everything comes to an end.

• Luckily, my nugu faves can never flop if they were never successful to begin with. Give DreamNote a pity stream.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I feel stanning multiple groups has made me a better fan. I have to come to a lot of realization and acceptance over the years.

1.) I know what it's like to accept your favorite group will never be the top. As a Dreamcatcher stan, there was a period where I allowed myself to be quite hopeful. There was a period where DC was top 10 GG album sales and it seemed like they could potentially make it to top 5 but I have since accepted that won't happen with recent stagnation of album sales not matching the growth of new 4th gen groups.

2.) I know what it's like to accept that a group is no longer the top. While Once and Blinks still fight over this, I've accepted Twice hasn't been the very top ever since BP's peak and I've been perfectly fine with that. It has made me more humble and allowed me to enjoy the group for the group and not stress over fighting over numbers. Twice's rise and fall has made me realize what is truly important in stanning a group.

3.) I know what it's like to be the absolute top. As a BP stan, I have enjoyed being on the very top for the past couple years and would have never thought another group will ever come close to their sales per album. With the rise of AESPA's album sale and the popularity of their girls, we're beginning to see first signs of a potential threat.

4.) I learn to never underestimate your competition. I don't stan IVE but just look at Love Dive's success blocking these top groups from number 1 on the charts.

Lesson: Be humble, you never know when one day your faves starts their descent and the cockier you get when your group is at the top, the harder it'll be on way down. Once you can accept that your group can fall from the top at any time without any notice, you'll get to enjoy music for what it really is...music. The greatest nations or companies that has ever existed on earth also never thought they would ever fall and that ultimately lead to their decline.

Mix-Collage-02-Feb-2024-08-56-PM-7523.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by fdblink ().

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think I'm starting to like your essays better than mine. All of this was so well written and so mature and insightful. I am honestly impressed. I learned most of these lessons already, albeit not always in the same way, but still. I hope someone who reads this is able to apply what you said and become a better person because of it.

• It's just normal cycle of life, just like our age when we become older. Even fame will works like that, especially for a KPOP group where the average age for a group is around 7 years.

• Decline is based from???????

Yes TWICE's Songs are declining in rankings on at least the Korean Charts but their Album Sales and Foriegn Charts are rising.

Yes...... I agree with you but for fans, we are more worried if the members will renew their Contracts because a lifetime without their new Music is somehow too sad to think about

• Decline is based from???????

Yes TWICE's Songs are declining in rankings on at least the Korean Charts but their Album Sales and Foriegn Charts are rising.

Yes...... I agree with you but for fans, we are more worried if the members will renew their Contracts because a lifetime without their new Music is somehow too sad to think about

In terms of popularity in Korea they have 100% declined. Kpop in Korea is consumed primarily by children ranging from elementary to high school. Adults listen to Kpop of course but only popular songs they don’t “Stan” groups usually.

In this terms the popular groups now for kids are like BTS, AESPA, IVE and the like. BP as well but I think they are losing some ground with kids.

But I’m random terms I don’t think Twice has declined perce and definitely not internationally. And yeah as you said album wise I think they can still grow. Just charting in Korea will not be as dominate as it used to be unless the song is very well received

• i geniunely want to see what group is going to beat blackpink. This is a group that beat NGG in their own turf.

I think it could be possible for AESPA. I also look forward to BP to come back international. Twice has helped pave the way for them by having the first stadium concert in America and with their female artist have the highest ranking song on B200. There is a huge possible for BP to use the paved road Twice created to expand even further in America. This includes Spotify as wel where Twice is the second streamed group in Kpop. This is all paving the way for BP to grow and they will have twice to thank of course

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!