RE: ITZY and Aespa wouldn't be what they are if Blackpink wasn't a thing (From Reddit)

• Blackpink had a similar impact to SNSD, they defined what a girlgroup should be, SNSD with their cute concepts and grand formations and BP with their pretty girl crush concept and "badass" songs. Just like how people can't deny that Twice as a group was inspired by SNSD, I feel like you can't eny that ITZY and Aespa are JYP's and SM's take on Blackpink. The number of members, the styling, the songs (and initial lack of them) the music videos, everything screams BP. I don't think this is a bad thing, especially when BP as a group was clearly inspired by 2NE1 (though it wasn't just that, the members themselves did A LOT for the group, other 4 random kpop girls wouldn't have had the same impact even with the same songs and budget but that's a conversation for another day) I just think that we need to stop pretending like it's not obvious. I also wonder what ITZY and aespa would've been if BP had never debuted. I think this opinion is unpopular because a lot of kpop stans like to downplay the impact that blackpink had on kpop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unpop…ldnt_be_what_they_are_if/

Do you agree or disagree w/ them?

I think you can argue that BP's success altered a lot of companies' approaches to gg, not in trying to make a BP copy, but in reconsidering what a successful gg could be, particularly in how to approach the Western markets.

But it's weird to see things like the number of members (2NE1 and f(x) say hi!) to the number of songs (RV's blueprint on releases was literally lifted and used for aespa and they debuted before BP) cited as some sort of evidence.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Yeah Blackpink had an influence it's undeniable like SNSD and 2NE1 had an influence on 3rd gen GG ;-)

Tbh no.

I can say Twice were influenced by SNSD and BP were influenced by 2ne1 in very direct ways both conceptually and musically.

I don’t look at the Itzy and aespa and think oh this sound is similar to BP’s.

So no I don’t think BP are influential in the same way SNSD and 2ne1 was.

• I don't think they look similar in terms of music and concepts.

The influence is more on the GG approach than the music ;-)

And I talked about 3rd gen in general and 4th gen in general not Twice/BP/Itzy/aespa

• I don't know, I think they made the trend or popularized the "girl crush" among gg

But all companies also want to bring their unique touch since it's a competition so you can't really compare

Music is like fashion, before techno pop was popular now it's hip hop and before ,people used to follow actress/singer fashion now it's influencers fashion

I think it's all about trends

“ < 4 you & her

• of course, in a way, bp would inspire any future ggs

Infact i'd say any fashion gigs kpop acts are involved with rn are inspired by bp

They have seen how bp used their fashion gigs to market themselves and would have learned from them

Didn't Snsd excel in fashion gigs too way before Black Pink debuted.

Yoona and Jessica+krystal were already cover girls of many magazines and endorsement lots of luxury brands before Black Pink was anything.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 2ne1 popularized girl crush and were very successful.

If anything, black pink's concept is a combination of 2ne1 and Snsd concepts IMO!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's more like BLACKPINK contributed to how companies form and conceptualize the girl groups they'll debut.

SM made and started the whole idol formula. They came up with everything, how to form and conceptualize idols.

So yeah, that started decades before Black Pink.

• This thread is fun to read.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!