Personal preferences in akp (not a shade thread)

• Disclaimer:This is not a shade thread. Just me trying to earn akorns by typing this senseless thread

I realize this every time I enter a bop or blop thread for artists(talking about those that aren’t my faves). I came to conclusion that me and akp stans in mass to a certain extent have a very very different music taste.

Duh it’s personal preference but WHY IS MINE SO DIFFERENT?

Like every song that gets praised to the moon, I fail to see the appeal of it, and songs that get mixed reviews are actually likeable to me…..

Except few songs that akp users as a whole community disliked…yes I agree with y’all on that.

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited 2 times, last by BRIYANI ().

• eyy! your faves are your faves because of your personal taste! I really dislike it when ppl shade others for being fans of certain groups( especially like shading popular groups) Like they know music is subjective-- everyone has their own feelings/taste in it.

• eyy! your faves are your faves because of your personal taste! I really dislike it when ppl shade others for being fans of certain groups( especially like shading popular groups) Like they know music is subjective-- everyone has their own feelings/taste in it.

Yes personal taste!!!!! This thread is just me being whiny over the fact that there aren’t many who share same preferences as mine when it comes to my casuals or non fave artists 😂😂- I should change my title

• BRIYANI

Changed the title of the thread from “My faves are my faves for a reason (not a shade thread)” to “Personal preferences in akp (not a shade thread)”.

What I hate the most is the echo chamber / circle jerk of a bop or flop thread, I cannot say I dislike the song (with reasons) without 3 people jumping on me for my opinion.

"but why say it" I hear someone say in the back... well I should be allowed to say I dislike a song like others can say they like it. As long as I'm not being disrespectful like "You're a fucking pile a putrid trash for liking this, do you not have ears?" then that should be fine right?

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• Yes personal taste!!!!! This thread is just me being whiny over the fact that there aren’t many who share same preferences as mine 😂😂- I should change my title

eyy, well my taste is pretty different sometimes too lol. I get really picky about how songs are mixed, its why I like certain songs but really can't like others even if the concept is to my taste.

• What I hate the most is the echo chamber / circle jerk of a bop or flop thread, I cannot say I dislike the song (with reasons) without 3 people jumping on me for my opinion.

"but why say it" I hear someone say in the back... well I should be allowed to say I dislike a song like others can say they like it. As long as I'm not being disrespectful like "You're a fucking pile a putrid trash for liking this, do you not have ears?" then that should be fine right?

eyy, that really sucks. I mean I've disliked some of my faves songs but it does tend to get unpopular when you express the opinion. Ppl wanna hear to good, but don't often want to accept that ppl will dislike stuff! If you are polite I see no reason for ppl to be coming for you, but ppl get defensive regardless.

• eyy, well my taste is pretty different sometimes too lol. I get really picky about how songs are mixed, its why I like certain songs but really can't like others even if the concept is to my taste.

Oooh I see I see… sometimes I like certain songs but they don’t seem to be many’s fav ( idr the exact votes(I could be wrong here)) like I liked twice’s alcohol free but it was called elevator music by folks here 😭😭😭😭😭 - but like we agree it’s personal taste

• Oooh I see I see… sometimes I like certain songs but they don’t seem to be many’s fav ( idr the exact votes(I could be wrong here)) like I liked twice’s alcohol free but it was called elevator music by folks here 😭😭😭😭😭

Wait I love alcholol free!!!!! <3 It's one of twice's songs that I stream the most. But I really really disliked more and more, the chorus was just not it for me.

• I think only songs from artists with small fandom in akp get honest reviews here

:pepe-popcorn:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• so you like O.O?

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• What I hate the most is the echo chamber / circle jerk of a bop or flop thread, I cannot say I dislike the song (with reasons) without 3 people jumping on me for my opinion.

It's because people equate "I don't like this song" with "I don't like this group" and it take it as a personal insult even if it's not written insultingly.

• Like every song that gets praised to the moon, I fail to see the appeal of it, and songs that get mixed reviews are actually likeable to me…...

when i read this thoughts of O.O overwhelmed my mind so much that i had to post immediately 2x

You didn’t read the last two lines in the op, did you?

:pepe-peek:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Ok, I have said this many times over the years, but here it is as a personal gripe towards scathing song and other types of reviews. So here it is:

I don't feel there is any point to giving so-called "constructive criticism" to kpop groups because the word "constructive" should imply that it will be used for some learning by said group. Will it? From AKP? Um big fat NO and if you think it will make a difference to the kpop industry, I have a bridge to sell you. The only point is you getting whatever it is off your chest and there are consequences to that...

Now, does this mean you should never share that you don't like a certain song? Of course not. Share away. But there is a line where your post becomes less about you just not liking it and more about you implying others are deaf, dumb or blind for liking it and that's when it becomes insulting.

Advice: Try to stay away from that line unless you're trying to troll and incite. Of course some of you actually want to troll and incite as you get a kick out it, so far be it for me to try to curb your enthusiasm. As long as you can handle the heat, feel free, but for the rest of you who are trying to write well meaning posts and not become AKP troll #1293, face the site's wrath then cry to the mods, keep that in mind.

• Lets not gloss over the fact that some users are genuinely awful and it doesn’t stop with I don’t like the song

I stan NCT so I see it every day. :nct14:

• I have written few reviews and none of them were pushed to any of the extremes you mentioned bcos I stayed respectful and the reviews were limited to the songs and factors parameter to it. As for others who I have seen get dragged were obv displaying anti behaviour in cosplay of being a constructive criticiser

And yea it is ironic when they play victim over others criticism and call out mods

• I have written few reviews and none of them were pushed to any of the extremes you mentioned bcos I stayed respectful and the reviews were limited to the songs and factors parameter to it. As for others who I have seen get dragged were obv displaying anti behaviour in cosplay of being a constructive criticiser

And yea it is ironic when they play victim over others criticism and call out mods

EXACTLY

• I think it’s easy to spot the haters among reasonable critics and I feel most are pretty honest in what they like and dislike here but I get your sentiment

Nah that's not what what I meant.

People who might be reasonable critics are still discouraged to leave a comment on popular groups review threads bc they will get jumped.

I myself avoid that bc who has time to deal with 20 people on you for a song I don't even like lol

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nah that's not what what I meant.

People who might be reasonable critics are still discouraged to leave a comment on popular groups review threads bc they will get jumped.

I myself avoid that bc who has time to deal with 20 people on you for a song I don't even like lol

I still see plenty say they dislike a song from pop groups and leave unscathed. The ones who get jumped are the ones who are disrespectful to the artist and whatever that is deemed disrespectful by the fans but yea I myself refrain from commenting on any of these threads except my faves cos ppl see fandom first and not my opinion

• I still see plenty say they dislike a song from pop groups and leave unscathed. The ones who get jumped are the ones who are disrespectful to the artist and whatever that is deemed disrespectful by the fans but yea I myself refrain from commenting on any of these threads except my faves cos ppl see fandom first and not my opinion

honestly I have seen someone who ults a group get jumped over not liking a choreo let alone a song

:pepe-cross:

• Nah that's not what what I meant.

I understand why you avoid it because it can take a lot of energy to deal with it. I think no one will deny that there are people who are prone to reading things into words that may not really be there. In the same vein I dislike people calling them "snowflakes" because it gets overused to the point that even trolls latch on.

In the end, I believe everyone should be careful with their words and be prepared to explain any misunderstandings, just as they would be in real life. It can be exasperating to deal with that especially when no offense was really intended, but I also hate the trend I see of people thinking common courtesy is not necessary on the internet because of their anonymity. There are consequences to all actions and necessarily so for any society to work in concert. Or we can have endless fanwars...

• I understand why you avoid it because it can take a lot of energy to deal with it. I think no one will deny that there are people who are prone to reading things into words that may not really be there. In the same vein I dislike people calling them "snowflakes" because it gets overused to the point that even trolls latch on.

In the end, I believe everyone should be careful with their words and be prepared to explain any misunderstandings, just as they would be in real life. It can be exasperating to deal with that especially when no offense was really intended, but I also hate the trend I see of people thinking common courtesy is not necessary on the internet because of their anonymity. There are consequences to all actions and necessarily so for any society to work in concert. Or we can have endless fanwars...

I understand that but people even in my own fandom here have overreacted to simple criticism and I had to calm them down.

Just saying sth is not someone's cup of tea or to their taste doesnt warrant a war

• I strongly dislike most songs I come across on here not by my faves

When I like something I try to shout it out tho

Yeah but are you consistent at least? :pepe-hips:

My biggest pet peeve is when someone trashes another song for being, say, noisy but when their own faves release noise music, the same person is like SOTY SOTY SOTY!! The hypocrisy is what annoys me the most. :pepe-torch:

• Yeah but are you consistent at least? :pepe-hips:

My biggest pet peeve is when someone trashes another song for being, say, noisy but when their own faves release noise music, the same person is like SOTY SOTY SOTY!! The hypocrisy is what annoys me the most. :pepe-torch:

I'd say I'm consistent with the types of songs i like... there may be a few exceptions where you would be shocked to know I like a particular song

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!