Are my nugu faves more successful than I think they are?

• Because if Day6 was a total flop, JYPE definitely wouldn't invest in another band right?

:pepe-use-head::pepe-use-head::pepe-use-head:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I mean Day6 must be doing something profitable for JYPE to want to continue making a band. Day6 is like their first band and it was kinda a risk but I'm glad it paid off

It's just a random thought. Some of y'all might ask me like "hey icy so do you think that maybe JYPE is gonna ditch Day6 for their newer band?". I mean probably we've all seen the dumb narratives like "oh JYPE is ditching Twice for ITZY" or "oh JYPE is ditching GOT7 for Stray Kids" in this forum, not sure if we might see the "JYPE is ditching Day6 for a new band" narrative.

If you ask me, this just shows that JYPE sees potential in bands and this is entirely through what Day6 has achieved. Realistically speaking out of all the bands we have right now (minus CN Blue and FT Island and senior bands), success wise it really is just Day6 and N Flying. Hence it is still a risk to debut a band considering that if JYPE wants they could very well just make another normal male idol group.

Also, Sungjin and Young K is in military. Wonpil and Dowoon will eventually need to enlist. And we only have Jae left to keep us company.

:pepecute::pepecute::pepecute:

Regardless, I'm excited to see what this new band have to bring to the table. Musically wise I would think they might be different from Day6? From the trailers it feel like they might be more rock-ish than Day6, kinda almost like a J-rock kind of sound but it might be too early to tell.

Curious to see how many members there would be and also the kind of music they are gonna make. Also, recently Studio J seem to be finally waking up and do something right so I hope that things goes well for them

:pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

• I always feel like there is sth going on when jyp debuts a new boy group. every time a groups leaves jyp there is a new one around the corner already prepared, so I`m guessing day6 will either disband or leave jyp soon.

I mean ultimately JYPE is a company that is out to make money and we are all prepared that Day6 will be on hiatus for the next few years because of enlistment.

Like for GOT7 they didn't have a "hiatus" they left because even though they debuted earlier than Day6, their members are actually younger than Day6 so they didn't went through the "hiatus phase".

It's just filling up the gaps when a group goes on hiatus. What I'm curious about is that JYPE chose to debut another band rather than another BG (they might debut another BG though after this?), and this shows that Day6 must have been profitable and successful enough for JYPE to want to debut a band again because bands do not generally become as successful as normal KPOP BGs

• This group looks really promising and so far their visuals are top, too. It's like a rock and hip hop beats infused band I like that.

• I always feel like there is sth going on when jyp debuts a new boy group. every time a groups leaves jyp there is a new one around the corner already prepared, so I`m guessing day6 will either disband or leave jyp soon.

Well, artists don't renew with JYPE lol. They are like a factory machine once the machine warranty has expired, they will be a new machine built to keep the company going.

• I mean ultimately JYPE is a company that is out to make money and we are all prepared that Day6 will be on hiatus for the next few years because of enlistment.

Like for GOT7 they didn't have a "hiatus" they left because even though they debuted earlier than Day6, their members are actually younger than Day6 so they didn't went through the "hiatus phase".

It's just filling up the gaps when a group goes on hiatus. What I'm curious about is that JYPE chose to debut another band rather than another BG (they might debut another BG though after this?), and this shows that Day6 must have been profitable and successful enough for JYPE to want to debut a band again because bands do not generally become as successful as normal KPOP BGs

not sure if I can agree to this. jyp basically ignored got7 and even if they had a cb, the promotion was lacking. jyps treatment towards got7 changed the moment they prepared stray kids. I think its one of the reasons got7 left jyp.

and jay is basically doing his own thing because jyp doesnt care.

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

• Well, artists don't renew with JYPE lol. They are like a factory machine once the machine warranty has expired, they will be a new machine built to keep the company going.

So far their track record with BGs aren't that good but somehow they manage to comeback

I might be wrong about this but Taecyeon is not with JYPE but 2pm had a reunion comeback this year. 2am all also didn't resign with JYPE, but they also had a reunion comeback this year. Both groups did comebacks once the members were all done with military enlistment.

Of course I won't know what will happen to Day6 but I hope that even if they do not resign with JYPE they will still continue as Day6 while also exploring their own solo activities

:pepecute::pepecute::pepelove1::pepelove1:

• If by J Rockish we're talking about that 80s rock sound, SIGN ME UP.

• not sure if I can agree to this. jyp basically ignored got7 and even if they had a cb, the promotion was lacking. jyps treatment towards got7 changed the moment they prepared stray kids. I think its one of the reasons got7 left jyp.

and jay is basically doing his own thing because jyp doesnt care.

That I'm not sure I wasn't really following GOT7 activities too much. At least recently Even Of Day seem to be getting good promotion and Young K even had a solo debut. Maybe they are putting in more effort now because they are afraid Day6 won't resign with them?

Jae however is doing his own solo stuff but that is his own work outside of company's jurisdiction, promoting in USA with his friends and performing on concerts with them. He doesn't need to enlist so he is taking this time when the group isn't full to explore his own solo music.

• I hope Day6 do comeback as a group for you. :pepelove2:

• It was mentioned before in the forum how JYPE has to continue creating groups to stay in business..so there's that. JYPE has been able to differentiate in a really good way with Day6; why not continue leading in this area? I don't think "School of Rock: Xdinary Heroes (that's what they remind me of)" is a Day6 replacement. That feels like saying _______ is a replacement of _________ band on Fueled By Ramen. Each band has their own thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of K-poppers measure success by charting and sales alone. I think there's more to real success than that. Day6 has a level of skill and talent that puts them in a "dons of K-Pop" spot. They are at the "artist's artist" level right with SHINee and (Don) EXO; the best vocals and performances to inspire and influence other artists and groups. Day6's production costs seem to be so low compared to most groups, without skimming on quality, that it's easy for them to make a decent profit too.

I think JYPE has been really "missing the boat" internationally with Day6 since 2017. They could be pulling coins not only from Korea and Japan, but Europe, UK, Australia, and the US by now if they continued doing at least one English version of a song from their releases which would have enabled them to tour outside of the usual K-Pop scene.

I question if JYPE/Studio J will ever get it together enough to enable Day6 to grow into the international band they have the potential to be. They can become legendary like Nell in Korea, and also be known by listeners outside of K-Pop. I think the Day6 guys should give it a year after they regroup. If they feel they are getting second or third-rate treatment, they should consider moving on to a place that will allow them to swim between and be promoted in bigger ponds.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!