BTS TO GO ON A HIATUS AND START SOLO WORK (LIKELY NO EXEMPTION)

• bts had their festa dinner just now and made several announcements:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

-BTS to go on hiatus

-Members will release solo work (albums not mixtapes)

- J Hope will be first

i'm excited for when they next comeback as a 7 since like they said their synergy will be better then it is now after a break

External Content www.youtube.com

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Edited 5 times, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• External Content twitter.com

• Now i'm sad not gonna lie

It's not really something i want as a fan but i will support them regardless. It's scary.

its sad but like they said this is something that they felt like they should've done way sooner but couldn't.. also I really think they need this break with how RM kept talking about how he feels like they've lost direction and need time to think

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• I thought they had talked about this before? Or was it just kind of hinted toward with most of them talking about working on solos? :/

• I thought they had talked about this before? Or was it just kind of hinted toward with most of them talking about working on solos? :/

this is the first time they've outright said they're going on a hiatus, most fans thought they were going to announce a tour or something.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• really insightful talk from namjoon:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• its sad but like they said this is something that they felt like they should've done way sooner but couldn't.. also I really think they need this break with how RM kept talking about how he feels like they've lost direction and need time to think

I know, i know. I just can't process this right now. I need time, a lot more time.

This was everything i was scared of if i'm being honest

hello

• External Content twitter.com

:pepe-comfy::peperain::peperain:

• It's a bittersweet feeling but also exciting! Can't wait for their solo endeavours and their reunion as ot7 💙 I'm so happy that BTS is making their own choices and really trying to separate themselves to a fucked up idol system. These guys will only get bigger with their solo and group reunion. I don't wanna jinx it but they are just built different. Their group dynamic is so unique to other groups and their teamwork and love for each other and fans are the 'secret' ingredients behind their success.

But is it too much to ask for a WW tour before anything else? 😭

• this is the first time they've outright said they're going on a hiatus, most fans thought they were going to announce a tour or something.

ah that's true I did see people hoping for a tour announcement, but honestly this is a good thing. Even if they've never spoken about it, they've definitely had to pass on opportunities because of group commitments and they need time to grow as themselves and not just BTS's ___.

• It's really interesting to see RM be this candid about their situation musically.

Are their any other candid excerpts from the other members? Music or otherwise?

• As much as it breaks my heart, this was bound to happen and feels kind of necessary.

tho I'm not ready to watch the dinner fiesta thing yet due to all the tears.

but I understand their stance and decision. They're not a group that just releases an album, drops a single and goes on a tour. They're a LEGACY now. and since I'm aware of their love of music and what music means to them, I deeply understand their fear of 'not adding anything new' or feeling of direction loss.

Final note, they will come back stronger than ever, I'm pretty sure of this

Still, Kpop won't be the same anymore but Life goes on

• I love how honest they were, it is a scary step, doing solo work.. I will be supporting them no matter which direction they take because everyone deserve to follow their dreams and paths.. I truly wish all the best and will think of the first chapter lovingly. And will wait for the second chapter patiently.

• This bit really stands out

• This bit really stands out

So true for both men and women idol groups. Look at the absolute bullshit they go thru to just go on a date

• It's really interesting to see RM be this candid about their situation musically.

Are their any other candid excerpts from the other members? Music or otherwise?

the whole video was very honest and insightful so I think it's worth a watch even if you're not a fan

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I can't wait for their solos, I hope them being able to go into whatever musical direction they personally want to can really help them really enrich themselves. They'll absolutely be coming back at OT7 and doing the big world tours and stuff probably every other year so. But it's really time for them to be able to have a life and slow down and just do things in their own terms.

They're the biggest act in the world. They don't have to fight 24/7 for their place. They can enjoy what they've built now and capitalise on incredible opportunities.

• it's honestly the best decision they could make right now, but i'm sad af

i've been growing up with them and this looks like saying goodbye to a friend that is moving away or smth :pepe-puddle:

i wish all of them the best and i can't wait to see what they all have in store, as they've said, they all have different tastes and interests, so this chapter is going to be super excting too!

External Content www.youtube.com

• I have always appreciated their honesty and the sincerity towards the fans. They never feed into the fantasy that everything always goes smooth and perfect and I think it's important to talk about these issues. I understand them, they've been through a lot over the past 10-11 years and they've accomplished so much.

As a fan I'm a little sad but I'll support them regardless. This album definitely marks the end of an era and I can't wait to see what brings next. Till then, I wish them them all the best.

• I'm actually quite excited for this next step. Not for the solo stan bullshit that will inevitable explode, but for the musical directions they go in. The rap line members all have a distinct sound. JK goes for more R&B, Jin does ballads, Tae does acoustic, and Jimin is still a mystery. So I'm waiting to see how the develop those into packaged albums. Like when I tell yall I'm in this bangtan shit for music, oh I fucking mean it. I cannot wait to see the new concepts and hear new music from each of them.

One thing though: I hope they're not feeling too pressured. I know Tae has spoken about it before and JK to an extent as well. Putting out solo material is a big deal, but I hope the collabs and Soundcloud songs have prepared them over the years.

Am I sad that they're going on hiatus? Honestly, no. There is 9 years of music to keep listening to and finding meaning in. And they never said they'd stop meeting and doing activities together.

Here's to chapter 2! :borahae:

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This is a nice approach :finger-heart:

• Ill be there to support their Every Release and activity :wave-cry-raccoon:

I hope the Boys will Be the best they can be when they Re-Unite as OT7 :waterr:

• I agree with you 100%

I'm so excited that they're going this direction and like JK said it should've been done. But they're here now and they're going to make the most of it.

• This thread contains 90 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!