Wonho has gone downhill as a solo artist, and I wish he could rejoin Monsta X

• When Wonho was with Monsta X, he "lived" up to his vocal potential. He has an endearing voice that I could fall asleep to. Ever since announcing his departure from Monsta X, I was left heartbroken. "Perhaps this will be a fresh start". That didn't age well. Every one of his solo MVs is either him showing off his body in overly provocative clothing or some random woman showing herself off and getting too obscenely close to Wonho (e.g. "with you" dance practice, "ain't about you", "blue" judging by the teaser), which is "gross", for lack of a better word.

Wonho sounds better in Korean. His vocals are hampered by English. He's been collaborating with Western artists to empty the pockets of more obsessed followers that worship Westerners. If I wanted to listen to Western music, I'd go listen to their music. I don't. I listen to Korean, and in general asian music, because I want something different from the vomit-inducing mainstream Western music, and Wonho's music is not different. It's a copy-paste of mainstream Western music.

Some don't want Wonho to return to Monsta X because "starship made his body his whole personality" ... That's what he's been doing solo. His whole personality is his body.

I wanted to give him another chance. Can't anymore. "Blue" is worse, and hasn't even been released yet, with Wonho showing off his body, and a bunch of Westerners obscenely moving around in a school setting.

Note to those claiming "Korean music is influenced by Western music" (I know they are out there): Even if Korean music is influenced by Western music, it sounds different. Western, and black music are two of the ingredients, which are mixed with Japanese music, and Korean musical rhythm, melody, ornamentation, instruments, and form. The result is a "cake" (kpop) that is different from Western music. You don't mix an egg (Western music), cocoa powder (back music), baking powder (Japanese music), vanilla extract (Korean musical melodies), etc, etc and get the egg (Western music) or cocoa powder (black music) you started with. The result is something different.

I want that different thing. Not the ingredients. Wonho doesn't give me that different thing as a solo artist. And that's enough for me to give up on what he is now and wish he could rejoin Monsta X.

I miss the old Monsta X, and all the memories.

Perhaps my wish will never come true :')

To those wanting to accuse me of "sl*t-shaming" and being a "Kore@boo" (I know they are out there): I'm asian. I prefer asians over non-asians, and our asian languages over non-asian languages.

It's okay to have such a preference. I love the Korean language more than the English language, just as I love tea more than coffee.

I think Koreans are extremely more good looking than Westerners, and the Korean language is more pleasant to the ears than the Western languages.

It's not like I think I'm Korean. I'm asian, but not Korean. I understand no matter how much a non-Korean thinks they are Korean, they will never be Korean.

I think tea is better than coffee.

And I think it's better to brush teeth after breakfast, not before breakfast.

Doesn't mean I'm a "Teaboo", "Kore@boo", or "Brush-Teeth-After-Breakfastboo"

I don't have an issue with "sl*t shaming" as long as it targets both men and women that dress provocatively and are obscene. That's what I did, criticizing both Wonho (a man) and the women in his videos for being obscene. I can not embrace "sl*ttiness".

Although Monsta X, as a 7 member boy group, did obscenely dance with women before, the majority of their videos were not that way, while the majority of Wonho's solo videos are that way.

I despise the times Monsta X collaborated with Westerners, sang in English throughout the entire video, and obscenely danced with women. And I despise what Wonho has been doing solo.

A fan doesn't have to like everything artists do.

If a fan has to like everything artists do, then I'm not a fan of anyone.

The reason I wish Wonho rejoined Monsta X: Working together facilitated idea generation and creativity. Wonho can't do that on his own.

They were a complete family and shared many memories. The family is not complete now. Something is missing. And that's Wonho.

• You know why Wonho is marketing himself to his International fans? Because most of his Korean fans turned their backs on him. Because they literally forced the members to apologize for remaining friends with him. Monsta X can't even speak publicly about him or even allude to the fact that he was even in the group at all without being attacked by their Korean fanbase. There is no OT7 Monsta X anymore and there never will be again.

If you don't like the way his solo career is going and you don't like the way Monsta X is going then all I can say is bye. You moved on from them and that's fine... go back and listen to their old discography and watch their old MVs and stop concern trolling about their careers.

• Dude keep an open mind

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not everything an idol does has to be to your exact tastes

• You know why Wonho is marketing himself to his International fans? Because most of his Korean fans turned their backs on him. Because they literally forced the members to apologize for remaining friends with him. Monsta X can't even speak publicly about him or even allude to the fact that he was even in the group at all without being attacked by their Korean fanbase. There is no OT7 Monsta X anymore and there never will be again.

If you don't like the way his solo career is going and you don't like the way Monsta X is going then all I can say is bye. You moved on from them and that's fine... go back and listen to their old discography and watch their old MVs and stop concern trolling about their careers.

What you claim Korean fans did makes no sense. Korea has an anti-defamation law. One is criminally liable if they defame another by publicly alleging false rumors under the Criminal Code. And if the Korean fans bought into the false rumors, and defamed Wonho, despite Wonho having been cleared off all the charges by the police, they are liable.

I've seen international fans accusing Wonho of smoking marijuana and being in debt. It's not just the Korean fans. The international fans are worse than Korean fans when it comes to accusations. "Always believe the accuser", they claim, which I can not agree with.

The way to show how awful international fans are is if Wonho is accused of something down the road again.

And yes, I've been listening to their older music. Wanted to express my thoughts on what Wonho and Monsta X have become is all.

• Dude keep an open mind

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not everything an idol does has to be to your exact tastes

Say the ones who can't keep an open mind the minute someone disagrees with them and dislikes what they like ...

• Say the ones who can't keep an open mind the minute someone disagrees with them and dislikes what they like ...

Not liking it is one thing but creating a whole essay just to diss his hard work? I know you're new here but that's not gonna fly no matter who you're doing it to

+ he has songs in Korean with only male backup dancers like Open Mind above and Lose here or are they still too obscene for you?

• Man you made a whole account just to say this. All I can say is get over it.

The account was "created" in 2020. I never bothered to post until now.

It's not like I "created" the account with the "intention" to post something like this a whole year later. Give me a break 🙄

• Sorry you don't like the direction he's taken.

I'm not familiar with his stuff at all.

But I can related to feelings of disappointment in an artist going in a direction you feel unable to follow. And certainly relate to your dissatisfaction with an artist changing to focus on a Western demographic.

These are things I've felt with groups I've loved and followed.

Maybe look for another artist going forward that that still makes the kind of music you want.

I know you want Wonho or MONSTA-X to be that group and that soloist. But they may not fulfill that for you anymore. And there's nothing to be done about that I think.

You'll have to look elsewhere perhaps going forward.

Maybe you can keep their old stuff in your memories and return to it to get some of that feeling again.

And hopefully you'll find a new artist who sparks that magic once again.

• Not liking it is one thing but creating a whole essay just to diss his hard work? I know you're new here but that's not gonna fly no matter who you're doing it to

+ he has songs in Korean with only male backup dancers like Open Mind above and Lose here or are they still too obscene for you?

I don't believe his "hard work" paid off, hence the essay.

And I have already known about Open Mind and Lose. He shows off too much skin in both. They are obscene, and I can't stand the lyrics of either of those two ...

• The account was "created" in 2020. I never bothered to post until now.

It's not like I "created" the account with the "intention" to post something like this a whole year later. Give me a break 🙄

Well little difference to me if you came back with pretty much 0 posts before you made this messy wall of text rant or if you just made the account. It's been almost 2 years since he left and a year since his solo career started and you're still wishing for the OT7 that has been long gone.

• I don't believe his "hard work" paid off, hence the essay.

And I have already known about Open Mind and Lose. He shows off too much skin in both. They are obscene, and I can't stand the lyrics of either of those two ...

Welp I don't know what to tell you other than sorry his music ain't your thing :wellr: Maybe you'll find another artist who is

• Thank you for understanding me

I've been watching their older MVs whenever there's a longing for them together as 7 that I have stored in my memory <3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!