What are other examples of disco-funk/disco-pop songs like "Blue Flame" by LE SSERAFIM?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Retro-ish sound is BG's style

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Also, Zombie

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I really like this song too (also American Boy **the taste** altho my fave Estelle track is still Do My Thing)

I've found a lot of disco-tinged stuff creeping into my playlist..

External Content open.spotify.com

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Im not very sure about this but Twice's Moonlight?

According to Genius, it is tropical disco.

• External Content m.youtube.com

External Content m.youtube.com

• Wow! I like this song alot. I didn't listen to their album because I didn't like 'Fearless' but this one's definitely better than the main single. And not just better but it's stuck in my head and I have listened to it just once. The chorus is the best part for me. Their vocals sound so smooth during the chorus. Post chorus creates idk-how-to-describe (kinda mysterious?) atmosphere. Hook lines are not just general sentences, they are interesting but still memorable. Verses didn't make that big of an impact for me but I think they will grow as I pay more attention to them in the next few listens. But what made this song +1 for me is this performance. Choreo is great for this type of song. Looks easy but still not easy to replicate. The movements are great. And the girls pull it off really really well. Especially Sakura. She doesn't have a lot of lines but her energy whenever she was on the screen was radiating through it. She definitely suits these types of songs. Yunjin is gorgeous:finger-heart: Idk how to describe Kazuha. She is their most consistent performer imo. The replay value of this song is huge. I am definitely watching this again.

Edit : I came here to recommend something and watched this to get an idea what you were looking for but forgot it ^^ Idk I am kinda blank rn....

• I know a lot of people love Blue Flame. But I wish more people recognized and appreciated Sour Grapes

:wilds:

Also I second whoever recommended Fromis_9 DM! A lot of their recent Titles have a bit of funk in it and I'm LIVING for it

• tbh, the whole Fearless album is solid

Sour grapes and The great mermaid are equally good too.

And people complain why LSRF goes with Fearless, which they think is bland. This album is meant to be more mild and mellow and have that retro disco vibe. It goes well with their model/runway concept.

• Totally agree!!!

• Thank me later

• You described my thoughts perfectly. I recommend checking out all of their B-sides even if you didn't like "FEARLESS."

Speaking of that, the title track is very unorthodox, but it grew on me a ton and now I have so much newfound appreciation for it. People think it's too bland and subtle? Well, I disagree. It's a slow burn. It's oddly really catchy. I'm not saying you should force yourself to like it; it's just the type of song that grows on you. Once it does, it's amazing and you'll really love how it pushes the envelope.

Everything you said about "Blue Flame" is on point. The choreo seems simple, but it's captivating and fun to watch. Kazuha's my favorite performer in the group. This song is amazing. I don't have to say much more because you said it all!

Yeah I think I definitely need to check out their album. Because not only I liked 'Blue Flame' alot, I recently started watching their performances of 'Fearless' and I am liking them as well. They had this extra energy that newcomers tend to have till that Garam situation blew up.

About 'Fearless', it is definitely not bland because that baseline is too powerful to call it bland. And it is catchy enough. But I think there is something that it is missing to make it go from decent to good for me. I mean look at 'Blue Flame', that mysterious and magical feel makes the song better. Also the lyrics. It is describing the feeling of realisation of love and the way they expressed those feelings makes the song stand out from other similar types of songs. 'Fearless' is missing that something for me.

Seventeen - Crazy in Love

Probably one of my favorite songs of theirs

Yeah this one has that feel :thumbup:

'Heng:garæ' & 'An Ode' are great albums but 'AI1' is also up there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!