do you think onces are going to struggle with solo activities?

• jype and twice have always pushed ot9 the most, and i know the majority of onces (myself included) are ot9 all the way BUT with the opening of their individual ig accounts it's the beginning of a new era for them. they're likely going to have many more solo activities to come.

do you think this will create more akgaes? will onces start in fighting more than they usually do, which is generally very minimal??

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• tbh, i don't think so.

but one thing is to expect the least promoted member's (delusional) fans to cry mistreatment and have resentment towards other members

• I am a Once who lives on Twitter, and trust me, akgaes and fighting amongst Onces is not as rare as you think.

Thankfully, most big accounts don't get entangled with that mess, so it is left where it is in the dark underbellies.

If Twice were a newer group, I think it would be bad. But at this point in Twice's career, we pretty much know who the most popular members are. We will see a lot of people comparing their instagram numbers (we already see that now), but I don't think it will get worse since we already knew who the most followed members would be.

Nothing that has happened is a surprise.

The only way I could see it possibly getting worse is if we keep seeing JYPE ignore love calls and opportunities, if a member who is thought to be less popular surpasses more popular members in the fandom, or if the instagram numbers between the members reach a gap of 10 million or more.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• there's always akgaes and solo stans but it always felt like compared to other groups there aren't as many. and if it's all in the nastier parts of twitter, at least it's mostly kept there 🤷🏻‍♀️

but yeah i'm hoping that there aren't any big gaps or anything. also hoping jyp doesn't somehow manage to create more problems

ɪ

• there's always akgaes and solo stans but it always felt like compared to other groups there aren't as many. and if it's all in the nastier parts of twitter, at least it's mostly kept there 🤷🏻‍♀️

but yeah i'm hoping that there aren't any big gaps or anything. also hoping jyp doesn't somehow manage to create more problems

Let's agree to disagree.

I know a lot of Onces like to think like that, but as someone who has seen the other side of things, I won't say Twice is any better than most groups. They just aren't as bad as those groups like BP who have large accounts dedicated to being akgaes, and thankfully we don't have a lot of akgaes on this site.

But would I say Onces are better than your average fandom, personally, no.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Twice is established enough where I don't think an akgae issue would arise overnight. The existing akgaes might use it as fuel to push whatever agenda they have but I don't think the majority of the fandom will break because of it.

~ ω

• I remember it was quite the problem early on in their career but i feel like things have settled a lot more nowadays. It's bound that it might create more akgaes and some inner fanwars but they're established enough, so i think it will all be fine in the end. I'm honestly just glad they'll have solo activities, took JYP long enough.

• If anything that has came out of jyp pushing ot9 or nothing agenda for 7 years, that is Twice akgaes didn't have the bravery to topple the ot9 onces and be loud enough to create constant inner wars. They might have an akgae problem like every other popular group but the constant group activities assured that ot9 is much stronger.

• my predictions--

scenario one:

-the first member to release her solo single/album will have the most ot9 support overall

-the second member to release her solo single/album will have lesser ot9 support and barely any from the first member stan

-the third member to release her solo single/album will be the day full-blown akgae wars will happen. even stans who weren't really akgae will join in the fight

after that, it pretty much blinks 2.0

all their individual merch sales, brand deals, Instagram followers/likes, digital/physical sales, youtube views & more will be brought up as receipts

scenario two:

-ot9 support all around with the more popular members having higher physical sales

-digital & youtube views will depend on the song

-akgaes will still fight, but the ot9 stans will outnumber them by a huge margin

• Yes, I think it will create more akgae.

There will always be people that go: "My fave is being held back by the others" and act ridiculous over it. Or people who only enter the fandom because they get to know Twice through the solo activities of one (though some of those people will just become OT9 fans too).

However, they will likely continue to have a lot of OT9 content and the photo they all placed as their first shows they will probably stay commited to OT9 activities, so I think it won't be that bad.

• Let's agree to disagree.

I know a lot of Onces like to think like that, but as someone who has seen the other side of things, I won't say Twice is any better than most groups. They just aren't as bad as those groups like BP who have large accounts dedicated to being akgaes, and thankfully we don't have a lot of akgaes on this site.

But would I say Onces are better than your average fandom, personally, no.

i'm not disagreeing w you! i'm just saying it's not something i've seen so i don't really know how bad it is. but if you've seen more akgaes in the hell pits of twitter i believe you lol i'm just glad they're staying in the hell pits to fight with each other than involve ot9 onces

ɪ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!