Posts by SleepingGiant

Not really a question that somebody else can answer

She is beautiful and a great dancer there are several Dance video's online that I liked of hers, in terms of MV's I think she looked best in Windy Day and Liar Liar

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

also a cute dance video I loved of her and her brother a few years ago I wanted to share

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I also liked her Solo debut last year, Abracadabra is underrated B-side

full disclosure - Arin is my Bias in Oh My Girl obviously (my profile pic)

This was Hard, I was never sure if I was simply picking who I liked the most, the combination that would make the best Music to my taste, or who I thought would be the most successful combination if I was choosing a new group to debut from the options available

OMG - Yooa, Mimi, Arin, Hyojung

Loona - Chuu, Choerry, Heejin, Jinsoul, Go Won, Yves

Everglow - Shiyeon, Mia, Aisha

Itzy - Yeji, Ryujin, Yuna

Twice - Nayeon, Jihyo, Chaeyoung, Sana, Tzuyu

WJSN - Bona, Yeonjung, Seola, Exy, Luda, ChengXiao, Mei Qi

SNSD - Taeyeon, Yoona, Tiffany, Jessica, Seohyun

CLC - Seunghee, Yeeun, Seungyeon, Eunbin

(G)I-dle - Soyeon, Yuqi, Miyeon

I know allot more groups but this was already too many and way to hard

I think the issue is more at the use of Korean instead of Japanese in a Japanese concert. Sasaengs kind of fans are indeed crazy and deserve to be called out but it felt like she's singling out the Korean ones, if it was done in a Korean concert then maybe the backlash wouldn't have been as big.

I guess I just look at things differently than most do

If the signs were in English, I wouldn't think, "damn Sakura thinks we all like that??"

or "why is she only singling out English speaking Sasaengs?!?"

For both positions I would surely have to sympathize with the Crazy English Speaking fan to take offense no?

I would interpret that Crazy fan with English signs as just a representation of a Crazy fan, the holding of English signs wouldn't be the defining characteristic to me

What on earth am I reading?

EVERYBODY here will state that there are Fans in Kpop who are Crazy and overly obsessed with Idols, every single one of you knows that is a real thing

but now your angry at Sakura for basically saying the same thing?

You assuming she means every single Fan is like this is such a Bad Faith argument I don't even know how to respond to that

There is zero, I repeat ZERO chance she is claiming that every single fan follows her around and needs to be restrained by security like in these images, but you all know those kinds of people DO EXIST

Why is she getting attacked for this? am I not seeing these pictures the right way????

NOTE - I am Sorry if people got more reasonable in their responses in this thread later on I only read the first page of responses and felt I needed to address this obviously Bad Faith assertion that she meant ALL Korean fans

Not going to lie, I am a little concerned with this

I don't know enough about Leadership changes to know what if anything will happen as a result of this

A thought crossed me mind, probably because I support so many smaller groups and members leaving happens all the time with those smaller groups

That if someone wanted to quit being an Idol but was the leader of their Group it would make the transition difficult on everyone and I could see giving up leadership as a way to soften the blow of leaving the group months down the line

I am a paranoid person at the best of times and I love Everglow and all their members so this has me worried, perhaps it is irrational worry, but still...

These kind of things always start Naturally, a positive response from the Public to a Victim of something makes others feel safe to also share their experiences on the same thing.

Anger and Outrage builds Momentum within the Community for some form of Justice, and then the Bad Actors jump on to take advantage sensing an opportunity to personally profit either Monetarily or by raising their social standing (sometimes purely vindictively to punish someone they don't like)

I am only a Girl Group Stan, here are a few I haven't seen others post yet that should be

Some B-Sides

2020 was an incredible year despite what some would say, I could list out 100 Girl Group songs I liked easily

I'm talking about these false accusations. Yes, they are rich and they got a 49 million USD investment to start up YH Korea but that doesn't mean they rigged votes. There was a police investigation done on both Produce 48 and Produce X101, and Yuehua wasn't suspected. The fact Yuehua had a member in both X1 and Iz*one, and through the investigation, they were not suspected just proves they are legitimate.

You know, the thread you posted yesterday regarding Yena and today's post doesn't benefit Yena at all. If you really like Yena, I really hope you think through what you post. Tainting a company doesn't just do harm to a company but it harms their artists as well.

I must be remembering it wrong because I was sure they said all 12 positions were rigged in Produce 48?

This is logic

Yuehua has plan for yena since izone debut

Yeah, considering the revelation that the entire Produce 48 competition was rigged according to Authorities

It has to mean Yuehua and MNet must have negotiated to have Yena (who clearly Mnet wanted) make the final group and both Yiren and Sihyeon (if Mnet even wanted them) to Not make the final group and merely be promoted by the show leading to the formation of Everglow

There was probably a lot of back room wheeling and dealing between all the companies involved that we will never know about

They don't have yena

So all the 6 members are lacking something that Yena has?

They aren't Pretty enough?

Aren't Charismatic enough?

Talented? Funny?

See I think the Main reason is because Yuehua is a Chinese Company, and I don't see how adding or not adding Yena changes that?

Until recently she was with a Korean based group, I am curious if promoting now under the Chinese Label will affect her popularity (whenever she debuts again) in Korea, especially as Chinese Korean relations are highly unlikely to improve in the Short Term with China now having Territorial disputes with 17 different Countries in East Asia (including South Korea)

7 Years of the same people would start to grate on you a bit

Probably significantly more than 7 Years for some of them, that is just since Debut

I am surprised as many groups sign back up as they do, there would need to be a significant amount of money on the table imo

Like Twice will probably all resign even if they hate each others Guts, the money is just too good for them to really say no, I say Milk that cash Cow for all it's worth set your Grandkids up for Life

I had way to high expectations after seeing how good they looked in the promotional photos and stuff (esp Karina)

And I guess they did look great in the Music Video

But the Song itself... I have only listened to it once so far, I will give it some time before I re-listen just incase me being tired or my mood negatively impacted how the song sounded, but it was bad, like really bad to me on first listen, I was looking at the progress bar to see how much was left

But allot of my favorite songs I didn't fall in love with on first listen

Oh wow, when I opened this thread I wasn't expecting to discover something

I didn't even know Fanatics released a song let alone one that good <3