Posts by SleepingGiant

SleepingGiant know anything about this group?

not Really

I am only familiar with one of the members Kim Hyunhee, or "Hyunny" apparently is her stage name (shes the Tall one, long straight Hair No Bangs)

She was on another Survival Show I watched called My Teenage Girl, she was never one of my Picks but I did like her

I remember she stood out in the Shows Theme Song performance where they had all 83 contestants perform but kinda faded away from there (atleast to me) as the Show went on

I haven't bothered to really look into there stuff as they have debuted right in the Middle of Several other GirlGroups over the last Month

My way to early impression is they look like a budget Kiss of Life without their own Wow Visual (Natty)

But I have been very wrong about First Impressions before (see Young Posse) so i will get around to it at some point probably their next Comeback I will pay more attention and decide whether this will be one of my Many Nugu groups

Sugar was a 1st gen group so most people don't know them.

She's the girl with the pony tail on the left side of her head. Not the taller girl who also is wearing a normal pony tail. Sorry my phone is acting slow so I'm having trouble getting a time stamp.

ahh that is Moka, she was my Favorite contestant on RUNext the Survival Show that led to this Group

In fact I still have the Voting receipts from the Final Round lol, this is after my Jihyun (profile Pic) was eliminated

Certification (1).png

Who is the girl that looks like Soojin from Sugar?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i have no idea who Soojin from Sugar is, could you give me a timestamp?

Stable and good singers? In Blackpink? I'm assuming this is a joke, but where's the punchline? ?(

Well here is their first encore, I think all are pretty solid here except Jennie who is balling her eyes out so it can be forgiven

starts like 40 sec in

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I followed BP till debut. Since when did BP had an encore controversy?? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

When i said "this Kind of Thing" I was talking more broadly about criticism's of Idols performances, not just Encores specifically, perhaps I could have been more clear

In BlackPink's case the one that came to Mind was the Big Deal made about Jennie's supposed lackluster effort in performances, there were allot of negative comments on Social media, even here on AllKpop If you need I could probably do some digging and Link them if you never heard of this before

Anyways as it pertains to the Point I was making in my previous Post

There were no Fans of Jennie who stopped supporting her because of these Non Fan Criticism's, if anything it galvanized Jennie's Fans to be more defensive and protective of their Favorite Idol because that is what Fans do, and it is exactly what ILLIT fans will do here

They are Kpop Idols

How often do they need Good Stable Live Vocals?

Singing Ballads at Concerts and these Encores is pretty much it

Makes little difference Financially, I mean it is not like any of their Fans are going to abandon them over this, all the negative comments are going to be from Non Fans

If anything it will galvanize their Fandom to support them even more Fanatically now viewing their favorite Idols as being the Victims of attacks from "Trolls and Haters" you've all seen this Story play out before.

I mean it didn't hurt any of the Groups (Ive, LeSserafim, BlackPink etc. etc.) who were accused of this kind of thing in the past, why would it hurt this Group?

Your mission is to submit between 10 and 40 votes for the sexiest women in K-pop.

Well here goes, Top 40

(alphabetical)

Alice - Hellovenus

Arin - OhMyGirl

Bona - WJSN

Choerry - Loona

D.ana - Sonamoo

E.JI - ichillin

Eunha - Viviz

Goeun - PurpleKiss

Hyosung - Secret

Jihyo - Twice

JiU - DreamCatcher

Joy - RedVelvet

Karina - aespa

Kazuha - LeSserafim

Lisa - BlackPink

Mia - Everglow

Mina - Twice

Minhee - Stellar

Minnie - (G)I-DLE

Miyeon - (G)I-DLE

Naeun - April

Nana - Woo!Ah!

Natty - KissofLife

Nayeon - Twice

NingNing - aespa

Rei - IVE

Saebom - Nature

Seolhyun - AoA

Sihyeon - Everglow

Soojin - Weeekly

SuHye - Limelight

WonYoung - IVE

Yeeun - CLC

Yeonwoo - Momoland

Yujin - IVE

Yuju - CherryBullet

Yuna - Itzy

Yunjin - LeSserafim

Yuqi - (G)I-DLE

Yura - Girls Day

I had allot of difficulty with this one, "Sexy" is such a nebulous term

Every single idol has to be Cognizant of how they Viewed and constantly Aware of how they could be portrayed at all times especially when that idol is the Face of their Group and people's impressions of them could dramatically alter the Fortunes of the Group and maybe even the Company

She can't be completely relaxed and "herself" at any point

It is the same way How many of the things you would do and say amongst Friends in your free time you would never dream of doing Infront of your Boss at Work or Clients of that Business

The simple fact that you never see Idols arguing about petty things with their Label mates in Public when you know every single relationship from Siblings to Romantic has disagreements means ALL Kpop Idols are "FAKE"

Maybe I am Naive and not familiar enough with Music Sales, but isn't it logical that after people hear the album they would then consider purchasing the Album?

For example something I am more familiar with earlier this Year a Super successful game called PalWorld sold more on Day 7 than they did Days 1-6 combined (8 million the first 6 days combined and 11 Million Day 7 alone)

the overwhelming Majority of people who bought that Game didn't buy it on Day 1, and it was Digital Copies so it's not like they ran out of stock and had to delay sales

Alright so turns out I did have a Spotify account, I reset the password wasn't sure what I was looking at but apparently I was following a dozen South American Artists

So pretty sure 2 Years ago when I got hacked they also got into this Spotify account, but because I never used the thing I never even noticed lol

Tested this and got ILLIT multiple times in the autoplay/queue

spotify.png

Still not 100% convinced it is something paid for by Hybe, could just be it is one of the hottest Kpop songs right now so Spotify assumes there is a good chance I will like it

don't spread fake news the 3rd most voted is Minju... Jiwoo ranked 8th in the finals.

If you re-read my comment you will see I specifically stated that they changed the process last "minute" (for the Finale)

Which I believe was to get the result the Show Runners wanted

So that final "vote" count you are referencing is the end result of that change (i.e. the result they wanted)

Korean and International fans could vote once a day in the lead up to the finale which was then weighted to 50/50

During the Finale only Korean Fans could vote and their Live vote would count for 70% of the total and those previous votes would count for 30% (so again weighted)

Which means AT MOST International fans had 15% say no matter how many voted

Why specifically a 70/30 split at the end there?

That 70/30 split was only revealed during the Finale, at which point they already had the data from the daily votes, so had a good idea of Korean and International Voting patterns

So I believe after crunching the numbers they determined that a 70/30 split would likely align the results with what the debut lineup they wanted

And despite all that they still had to pull out the Last minute "only 2 are voted by fans, the other 4 by judges" which was also never alluded to before the finale

So i don't think it is an unreasonable assumption that the Producers didn't like the way International Fans were voting

So who were International Fans voting for?

Sadly the only information we have was from the PREVIOUS rounds International weighted voting which was;

Chanelle and Jihyun were already eliminated

So you can see why I hazard a guess that Jiwoo was the one the Producers really didn't want to debut

As far as I am concerned International fans had zero say, and Korean fans potentially had a little say

The Showrunners ultimately had Final say

she does have a really baby face and I suppose hybe knew what it was doing when they rigged her into the final lineup. let’s be clear, she has improved tremendously since the show ended and I see potential in her stage presence now but back then she was incredibly awkward and stiff and not better than some of the other trainees in any way. also Lee Hyun was being really weird towards her idk if it was just fans microanalyzing but there were threads on twitter and they seemed creepy af. she was the companies choice in the end too…

They Rigged every OTHER member into the Lineup

With Wonhee, sure they angel edited and spent most of the show focusing on her to help ensure her spot, but she is still the only one who we know actually got the votes to debut

All 4 other Girls were simply Judges picks, it was very controversial at the time especially since there was no indication before that you could only vote in the Top 2 (Youngseo also got the votes but left)

I suspect that the person with the 3rd most votes the Company didn't want to debut (probably Jiwoo) and changed things up last minute to get the debut group they wanted from the start

her Visual is not the one attracting the Most attention

I went through fancam uploads from Music shows where all 5 had fancams and it is very consistent across all channels

Moka/Minju - alternate 1st and 2nd with Moka being first a little more consistently

Wonhee - almost always 3rd, she was 2nd only twice I saw

Iroha - 4th most views every single time

Yunha - 5th most views every single time

Couldn't tell you from which countries each gets most views but would hazard a guess that Minju gets the most from Korea