Posts by SleepingGiant

Pretty sure the weakest is 4th Gen and the Strongest is 3rd

4th Gen started in 2018, at that time BTS and BlackPink were the biggest Groups in the World

5th Gen started in 2023, BTS and BlackPink were STILL the biggest Groups in the World

Meaning 4th Gen is the first Generation of Kpop to not even dominate their own Era

And 3rd Gen dominated not only their own Era but also the next generations

New Group Debut 30mins ago

Candyshop - "Good Girl"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I LOVE IT!, issa BOP to me :love:

What do you think SleepingGiant

I really like them, I have been looking forward to both them and Candyshop debuting for a couple of months now

Rescenes Minami was in a Survival Show called My Teenage Girl, she was one of my favorites on that show and Candyshop has another 2 contestants from that show I liked in Sui and Sarang

I think Candyshop debuts in the next few days, maybe tomorrow?

I swear BTS and BlackPinks success Melted people's Brains

Why do we consider 3rd Gen starting when it did?

Why do we consider 2nd Gen starting when it did?

Because Groups that happened to debut in those Years went on to be Industry leaders, eventually equaling or displacing the Leaders of the Previous Generation either by their Growth and/or the Previous Gens Leaders Decline

I will Die on this Hill that 2018 being the start of the 4th Gen is nonsense

If anything we are in that Transition period where 4th Gen acts have debuted but yet to catch the Previous Gens Top Acts or maybe only just now have?

I mean 2023 is the first Year you could even make an argument with a straight Face that the Biggest GirlGroup in the World wasn't BlackPink but a newer Group (you would have been wrong but at least it was a reasonable argument)

And as for no BoyGroup comparing to BTS yet, you got to understand that BTS' success is Historic to a degree that is unfathomable to all that came before, if ever there was an extended delay between Generations it would make sense it came on the back of that

Also you don't need a BG to displace BTS, 3rd Gen started with EXO well before top 3rd Gen GG's debuted so the same could be going on here in the inverse

I suspect 4th Gen began around late 2021 or 2022 with the Duo of NewJeans and IVE but I am not certain of that yet

just my 2 cents

I have no idea who they are or even if we will recognize any from survival shows etc.

Don't Knetz usually spoil these things by now?

But I have a WAAAY out of the box prediction and it would actually tie into their debut song

Odds of my theory being correct is less than me winning the Lottery but here it is anyway;

i am not sure how official debuting works, but she had a few Solo songs a couple Years back that I liked, I guess they don't count?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Although Lee Jieun is no longer dominant digitally, her dream of undermining KPop seems to be finally bearing a toxic fruit after 14 years of struggle.

The drift of Koreans from global Kpop was only suppressed by BTS' foreign conquests, and without that, and with a singer who has been hostile to Kpop for her entire career now ruling as a Senior Singer and holding a veto power over Kpop, the Great Regression of KPop is now at full speed.

I don't understand

Your badges and Profile Pic are all IU, yet you seem to be anti IU with your words here?

is this just a Meme/Joke that goes over my Head? :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

Honestly I kind of dismissed this group even before their debut just from how seemingly absurd their debut song "Macaroni Cheese" was, seemed like a nugu trying to get attention with Shock value and nothing else, I never even listened to/watched the full song assuming it was just a Joke Song and only saw snippets of it which appeared to confirm my Bias against it

But I watched XXL last night and was shocked at how Fun it was, I even liked the MV and how silly/absurd it was

I can say with allot of certainty this is already my favorite Kpop Song/MV released this Year

And unlike Drew I wasn't even a Hip Hop fan growing up, so I don't think it is just 90's nostalgia at work

I suspect this Group is going to rise out of nugudom very soon

There are a few I think you really liked from 2018, of those I am going with;

How long did Fanatics last? Two years if that?

Nov 26, 2018 - Pre-Debut Sub Group Fanatics Flavor debuts

Aug 6th, 2019 - Fanatics debut with "Sunday"

May 4th, 2020 - Fanatics comeback with "V.A.V.I Girl"

never had a promoted comeback after that, so you could argue it was less than 8 months for Fanatics the Group

Looking at the dates, and now i think about it, it appears very likely that Covid killed their Careers

I loved this debut, and I even liked their Full Group debut + comeback song

and then they were gone as quickly as they arrived </3;(

at-least they left me with one of my favorite B-Side Ballads of the last Decade