I am TERRIFIED of Young Posse right now

• This group is on a whole other level of brilliance that I'm having trouble dealing with it right now. I am terrified because of what they might do to my precious top ten girl groups of all time list. All my legendary favorites are in deep trouble.

This group and their music was custom made for me. Like if I ever had the chance to make my own kpop girl group then this is exactly what I would have made. These are the exact type of girls I would have debuted with this concept and this music (minus the weird mvs though).

I was a teenager in the 90s and all I listed to was hip hop. I lived and breathed it every single day. And this new album is heaven sent to me. ROTY (sounds like a Rza produced track) and XXL (sounds like a Cypress Hill track) especially just transported me back to the 90s and I feel so alive again. I can not wait for the live stages of XXL it's going to be so hype.

It's going to be interesting to see how far they can go as a group if far at all but right now this group has the potential to rival anyone on my list except f(x)..possibly.....maybe......wait there's no way....right? right????

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Indeed! <3

• They released a new mini?

Link your favorite track brother! I'll check it out.

Favorite song right now.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MV of new single

Edited once, last by Drew_B ().

• Hi,

You can absolutely tell whoever produced them and wrote their raps listened to a heavy heavy dose of mid-late 90's rap. The best era of rap music tbh.

I'll give them that, even if the execution gets cringe in parts.

-knysom.

• Indeed. If NewJeans is aimed at millennials then Young Posse is aimed at Gen X.

• This group is on a whole other level of brilliance that I'm having trouble dealing with it right now. I am terrified because of what they might do to my precious top ten girl groups of all time list. All my legendary favorites are in deep trouble.

you say this every time a new group comes out that catches your eye!!!

if beauty is the eyes of the beholder

kpop is the in the eyes of drew_Beer Holder

• Honestly I kind of dismissed this group even before their debut just from how seemingly absurd their debut song "Macaroni Cheese" was, seemed like a nugu trying to get attention with Shock value and nothing else, I never even listened to/watched the full song assuming it was just a Joke Song and only saw snippets of it which appeared to confirm my Bias against it

But I watched XXL last night and was shocked at how Fun it was, I even liked the MV and how silly/absurd it was

I can say with allot of certainty this is already my favorite Kpop Song/MV released this Year

And unlike Drew I wasn't even a Hip Hop fan growing up, so I don't think it is just 90's nostalgia at work

I suspect this Group is going to rise out of nugudom very soon

• Wow that's huge for you to say it's your favorite track so far this year. It's still early and you like a lot of groups so it will probably get replaced at some point but that's awesome you liked it that much.

I get this group and their sound isn't for everybody. But that's part of the charm for me. This group has a strong identity and it looks like they aren't changing it for anyone or anything. Something I wish Sonamoo would have done. They tried hip hop with their debut and after that they never returned to it. Young Posse is too gangsta for that lol

• Interesting they remind me of early BTS. And XXL sounds like the sister song to BTS' Come Back Home remake.

External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!