An ominous trend - The rise of all-Korean, or mostly-Korean, songs

• Although Lee Jieun is no longer dominant digitally, her dream of undermining KPop seems to be finally bearing a toxic fruit after 14 years of struggle.

The drift of Koreans from global Kpop was only suppressed by BTS' foreign conquests, and without that, and with a singer who has been hostile to Kpop for her entire career now ruling as a Senior Singer and holding a veto power over Kpop, the Great Regression of KPop is now at full speed.

I don't understand

Your badges and Profile Pic are all IU, yet you seem to be anti IU with your words here?

is this just a Meme/Joke that goes over my Head? :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

• Minnie's first language is also Chinese since although she is a Thai citizen they only speak Chinese among their own circle.

She does say that to not to alienate the Thai fans, but her family is ethnic chinese and upper class ethnic Chinese in SE Asia tend not to speak the local language among their own circle

lol you literally just be saying anything now. Probably less than 20 percent of Thai-Chinese speak Teochew (maybe less than 10% for people younger than 30), and probably less than 5 percent speak Mandarin, even amongst ourselves.

And speaking from personal experience, 90% of us would identify ourselves as solely Thai. We say we're "Thai-Chinese" the same way Americans say "I'm Irish!". Thai-Chinese are not them same as other Chinese in Southeast Asia. Me (as well as many other Thai-Chinese) find it quite offensive actually when we meet foreigners/Chinese people who say "Oh! So you're actually Chinese!". No, we're Thai.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!