Posts by Bot7654

No, Kpop fans pretty much hate twice. There really is no in-between. Either you love twice or you hate them and think they are overrated. Expectations for twice are higher than almost any other group.

Expecting a group's music to chart a week or two in the top 10 is a pretty low bar these days, so I don't think expectations for Twice are any higher than any other group. They just underperform in some areas.

YOU were the one who claimed they don't chart anymore, at least you realized that's far for being true now. I wish when people mention kcharts they truly mean overall but we can't change it's mostly melon even now when youtube music is the #1.

SMF really did bad and that was expected considering the circumstances... BUT hey look we both are mostly thinking about the old kcharts even now because SMF actually did good on youtube music entering the top 10... And you are very mistaken twice didn't charted decently in youtube music, every single twice song post 2020 did really well entering top 10 for several weeks, scientist the universally considered flop song peaked at #2 on youtube music and spent several weeks on the top 10, so you can see when people talk about kcharts is mostly melon you and me included.

You just have to look at Gaon, which compiles all the chart performances, to see how poor each Twice track has done the last several years.

Probably the #1, in the areas were there is more money on kpop like album sales or touring they are #1, x2.5 to x3 more album sales, that's a huge gap, the only thing who makes me doubt is blackpink huge advantage on brand deals category.

What? Lifetime, BP as a group has much higher revenue from touring than Twice.

BP has less than half as many members and way more money from touring and CF's, so it's very clear that BP members would have a lot more money. Twice having about 2.5 times as much album sales puts their income very close to BP's considering they have 2.25 times as many members.

If the world was NewJeans they would have a lot more streams worldwide this year, especially with having new music vs a group without any new albums or singles. Newjeans is incredibly popular and doing really well, but as usual your statements are heavily exaggerated.

Huh? Wtf are you all smoking? Longevity? Dude, nobody is lasting longer than Twice. They are making music as early as this year while all your faves didn't have comebacks at all. It took almost 2 years for BP and Red Velvet to have comebacks, that's not longevity. Might as well crowned Big Bang for the longest lasting boy group more than TVXQ and BTS cuz that one last comeback hit PAKs on Korean chart by your dumb hiatus = longevity in music career logic.

They mean longevity in regards to continuing to make successful music. Twice can sell albums but their songs have very limited success overall over the last several years. Longevity doesn't just mean staying together and releasing things.

I still don't know why Once's keep pushing the false narrative Twice was the most streamed GG in 2022, when worldwide they were far from first across all streaming platforms.

I think relying too much on their cute image rather than good music wore off after a while. Majority of members lacking talent ended up hurting them in the long run. They still have a ton of hardcore fans though, so they don't technically need successful music.

I'm not going to hunt down the stage, but they got a lot of hate after a particularly awful encore stage for..Fancy, I think? That was the beginning of the hate train.

It was More and More, but they've had many bad encore stages. I Can't Stop Me Encore in particular was also a problem in the media.

Guy you are not revealing an ultimate truth of some scientific calculations, nothing you said it's hard to understand "songs from that era that don't hit #1 often end up much more successful" that's like a one on one case scenario where certain songs become more successful because of longevity or other factors, twice's #1 like cheer up, tt, dance the night away are some of the biggest hits from 3rd gen no matter if other songs went #1 or don't there is barely a handful of songs that are comparable to some of them

Certainly sounds like it went over your head if that's your response.

I always felt Twice and RV sucess came from different things

Twice released hits because they are young pretty girls singing catchy music in a country there is obsessed with the ideal of youth. Once they start aging their popularity imploded and SK found another group to represent their obsession with teenage women

RV in other hand developed a much higher degree of prestige and cult following. They had SEVERAL flop songs even in their peak years and that never affected their charting power and popularity on its slightest. This proves RV popularity was never a fad, they were actually liked as a music group

People may be offended by this but it's 100 percent true.

This. #1s are relative, ULs and points are absolute measure.

If i recall, recently Playing With Fire hit 6m ULs on Melon too and it never hit #1 too.

Speaking of your second point. We could talk about how 3 of the 5 of the girl group songs to reach 6 million ULs are BP songs with Twice and RV only having one each. Not just PWF, but ironically two of the three of BP's songs to reach 6m ULs didn't hit #1 due to poor timing. Both ended up more successful than the songs that were blocking them.

My friend when you have your company and spotify putting you on the biggest playlists on the world from minute 1 and feeding you 200M playlistist reach of course you will get a shit ton of streams, that's what they did with shut down and I can't forget the night I witnessed that. Like look a newjeans who got the playlisting of blackpink and pulled almost the same streaming numbers, JUST BECAUSE PLAYLISTING.

Pure sales is a good measure of success too, and blackpink struggle on that department is something worth discuss

No no stop the excuses, blinks are one of the fandoms better prepared for those things, they know where to buy to chart on billboard, is simple blackpink is not as successful as yg and interscope want people to believe and blinks are not a big fandom in the US, most blinks are from SEA and China.

Blackpink still had strong sales, it's not like they were struggling, even if they were to hit #2 or #3. It's not like Twice who can't even stay on the bottom of the music charts more than one week. That is struggle lmao.

Also, to your point. Newjeans with MORE playlisting only hit #48 on the Hot100 chart while PV and Shut Down both hit in the top 25, so playlisting isn't quite the factor that you think it is.

Signal is still a hit despite being the less successful twice hit from their peak era, you are explaining just a bunch of things I also think and never even remotely contradicted with my comments. Plus mention a single #1 song from 2014-2020 that was not successful, you really made no sense there.

You are a delusional blink that swear blackpink have a strong family bond despise everything contradicting that.

If you didn't understand the point and it went that far over your head, it's okay.
    #1's are highly tied to timing and really aren't important considering songs from that era that don't hit #1 often end up much more successful.

Popularity in the US is a lot more than pure album sales which only translate to the most hardcore of fans. Music is a lot better measure.

Even with English singles Twice's career total weeks on the Hot 100 is two weeks in the #80s thanks to download campaigns. Getting fans to bulk buy albums is easy but getting enough of the general public to tune in to your music and chart decently is a lot harder. Despite JYP's desperate attempts to make their songs successful, it just doesn't happen.

Among 3rd gen groups, only BTS and Blackpink(of course to a lesser extent than BTS) sell albums AND have people listening to their music. A lot harder of a feat.

You are right and not at the same time because a #1 song specially on gaon is a undeniably proof of success and not easy to achieve the lack of #1 of the big majority of kpop groups is a proof of that, now if compared directly with another song is a completely different topic. You are exaggerating LOA success, of the top 10 biggest twice hits is like 8th or 9th, 7th at very most.

Several songs hit #1s and then perform very poorly. For example, Signal hit #1 for multiple weeks, yet fell off all charts entirely after only 5 months. Most number ones charted around 10 months on average at that point in time. The song still hasn't even hit 100M streams or 2.5Ml downloads despite being released in the peak era for that, unlike many songs that never even reached #1 at that time.

Not all #1 songs are successful, and timing is hugely important. For example, Forever Young ended up with more Gaon points than two of the last three of Twice's #1's in the Gaon Digital points era, but it never hit #1 due to timing. AIIYL ended up being the only song along with Spring day from the third generation to chart on Gaon EVERY year since release in 2017, and it too didn't hit #1 due to the timing of release. #1 songs are usually successful, but an actual #1 doesn't mean much considering songs that don't hit that peak can end up much more successful and songs that hit #1 can end up underperforming once the hype wears off.

Getting a #1 vs a #2 has a lot to do with luck of timing.