Posts by Bot7654

Being that delusional must be so tiring for you. If I wanted to be as rude as you, I could, but it's funny seeing you seethe that you can't counter about BP's songs doing better both in chart position and streams in the US.

You're using all your brainpower already. Hence the novel. You have ignored most points and claim I am the ignorant one, which is laughable. If you saw pretentiousness, you probably looked in a mirror.

I gave you numbers and data, much more than you did. You gave mostly things based on opinion and ... predictions lmao.

NewJeans did chart 3 songs at once, but it's not really an accomplishment? They were the first to do it, but no one ever does that.

I am talking units sold in the US. Every figure I gave you is units sold in the US. The Album has done over a million units at this point and did 51 weeks on the top album sales chart.
    Blackpink's third week was more than NewJeans third week, so comparing week by week really is going to be irrelevant until we see at what points Get Up falls off the chart. Your whole argument for this is based on prediction while ignoring how hard NewJeans gets smashed in US streams and their song's chart positions, which heavily affect consumption.

Now you need to compare cumulative sales and streaming. This song didn't even get a Gold certificate, she has 16 songs with Platinum status and other 3 songs with Gold. Ice Cream is not even a top 20 hit for Selena.

I know Blinks are idiots and want to believe the Ice Cream was not a hit thanks to Selena but you're the first one to outright call the girl a flop when Blackpink never ever touched the top 20 of the chart by themselves :skull:

@me looking for any girl group to even hit the top 40 of the Hot100 unable to find any besides BP a half dozen times.

You insult people all the time, most recently disevidence(sp) in the digital thread. Probably to compensate for something including your lack of a counterargument to NewJeans' poor chart positions and poor streaming. You have a horrible tone every other post you make, so it really is hypocritical for you to attempt to lecture someone when you come into every thread with a god complex.

The fact remains:

BP has a half dozen songs that charted higher than NewJeans best performing song in the US.
    Pink Venom is the best performing Kpop Girl Group song in the US by streaming (credit to billboard streaming chart)
    Ice Cream is the highest charting, and tied for longest charting, song on Hot100 by a KGG.
    Pink Venom is the highest charting Korean language girl group song on the Hot100.
    BP's singles on average are streamed and consumed much more in the US.
    The Album has the most units sold by a kpop girl group album ever and the most weeks charted on the BB200 and Album Sales charts. If you want to prematurely argue that it is Get Up, you can look like a fool go ahead.

While I agree Selena is no Ariana, she had a number one hit a couple of months before, Lose You to Love Me. The songs you are calling to have charted poor was just a remix and the last (4th) single of her "Rare" album, so it's by no means representative of her popularity

Only an idiot would think Ice Cream peak was not thanks to Selena when it clearly outcharted all other BP songs, but it's not even the 15th biggest Selena single in USA.

Lose You To Love Me was nearly a year before. Rare after that performed like a BP single, then the aforementioned 77 and 59 charter.

After that she had two Spanish songs, so I won't count their bad performance, and then two songs that failed to even chart, and then a song at 91. It wasn't until 2 years later she had another hit song.

Ice Cream was during a really bad era for Selena and a really strong era for BP.

It would be Selena's 9th biggest single in the USA by chart position, higher than her average single. Your bias is showing.

What? How is it clear?

Ice Cream is a collab track with Selena Gomez. I guarantee if NJ did a collab track with a western artist, and it topped the Hot 100 people would bend over backwards trying to disqualify it. And both HYLT and Lovesick Girls didn't chart even half as long as Super Shy. BlackPink has also never charted 3 songs from the same album on the Hot 100.

And you completely ignored the fact NewJeans sold and are selling albums like hotcakes in the U.S.

It's very clear to anyone critically thinking.

Selena Gomez has like no fandom an the charting was more because Ariana wrote it more than anything if you want to find an excuse. Selena's singles before that song charted at number 77 and 59, lower than what BP was doing before that. Ice Cream still did 8 weeks and HYLT did 2 weeks. Get Up couldn't manage a second song to last more than one week at the bottom of the chart. The three songs on The Album charted combined longer than Get Up's did. At much higher positions overall(and therefore much more consumed).
    The Album charted three songs very close together. We have no way to compare since BP never did 3 songs at once but considering their songs do better on the charts, it wouldn't be close. Again though, just a hypothetical. What time the singles are released is irrelevant.

I didn't ignore they are selling albums well, I acknowledged it, but it's early to see how many units they do. See if they can reach a million like the Album did. Or If they can reach the 51 weeks on the album sales chart like The Album did, if you want to ignore streaming. Because no one is going to compare week by week what position each album is at, and that data is difficult to find. Like I said, see you in like 4 months (for the 26 weeks on the BB200) or in like 9 months (for the 51 weeks on the Album Sales chart)

You mostly ignored that NewJeans is being destroyed in both chart positions and streaming, people actually listening in the US, so there is that.

Just looking at this it's clear for the music.

Super Shy - 48 peak, 8 weeks
    ETA - #81 for 1 week
    Cool With You - #93 for 1 week
    ---
    Ice Cream - #13, 8 weeks
    How You Like That - #33, 2 weeks
    Lovesick Girls #59 - 1 week
    ---
    Pink Venmon - #22 - 6 weeks
    Shut Down - #25 3 weeks

NewJeans is strong in their physical sales, potentially in longevity which I will watch for, but outside of that by most metrics BP is still the clear leader for the music.

The Album had 26 weeks on the BB200. Most units sold of any Korean girl group with over a million at this point. It's impossible to know how many of that is physical unfortunately. We don't know how many weeks Get Up will do yet, so you can bookmark this and we can continue this 4 months from now.
    The three singles that charted from The Album on the Hot100 was the first time a girl group charted two songs simultaneously, and the first time to have multiple songs chart. Like NewJeans they had three songs from the same album chart, all at higher positions overall. The tracks charted 11 weeks on the Hot100 combined, more than Get Up's 10. Also holding the record for number of weeks in the Hot100 top 40, the only girl group to even reach it (with 5 separate songs, two of which were on The Album).
    Ice Cream still holds the peak for a KGG on the Hot 100 at number 13 (Not NJ obv, but Cupid got close).

Born Pink
    Shut Down and Pink Venom charted in the top 25 of the Hot100. NewJeans sits at the bottom half of the chart and hasn't had any considerable peak for any of their songs yet, which is probably the most obvious thing to improve on when looking at chart positions for the music. NJ managed one week in the top 50 in their career, with Supershy at number 48. Nearly half of their weeks on the Hot100 are between 90-100 on the chart.

Shut Down and Pink Venom charted on Billboard's Overall Streaming Chart(You can check it on billboards website, they have a lovely artist section with the peak charts positions and number of weeks charting), measuring all US streaming and not just Spotify, for 5 combined weeks, at higher positions than Super Shy. It's the most difficult chart for Kpop groups to chart on as only BTS and BP have done it with multiple songs for multiple weeks. Only Super Shy was able to make the overall streaming chart in NewJeans career with two weeks. This alone shows that BP still can't be challenged overall in the US yet when it comes to streams and chart position of the music.
    NewJeans strength on Spotify is partially due to less strength (I won't say weakness) on other services.

I'm not saying NJ is weak but saying Get Up was the most successful album when it can easily, especially for the songs on the albums, be argued.