Posts by 0ppar

------------------------------------------After filming stops (off set)-------------------------------------------------

After having a meal at lunch or dinner, when we get back together on site, everyone greeted each other politely.

"Have you eaten? Did you have a meal? Did you enjoy it?" They pss by saying hello one at a time (Everyone has to prepare for their scenes ^^;).

Hae-in didn't end with just "did you eat?" He would ask "what did you eat?" and ask about the menu. "It must've been delicious. Oh did you eat with the Director? Just a few more words like this. I was always grateful for that >.^

I always gave the good still cuts that I took to the actors and staff as gifts. I gave Hae-in and Jisoo several as a gift. On May 5th, I framed the photo below and delivered it directly to him at lunchtime.

AVvXsEhd9gZAF7-uZTF_Lep6l9y1NBbcsbDVohAbQ17kdxjDab17S7rpwvwYtwRTvq7Zeh15Gy76HqO32Cl-TiWvWdeTQk4nfeRkz_plz7hbBMVryk_pE59d865IcT1DDHY1A9qYtwZ2AuSE3m_xZP-FMi89oV5tiecymYU8vM9wl7yYBxV7gg68ERBVX4qd1w=s16000

[Originally, there was a screenshot of the message saved here saying Jung Hae-in's favorite actor~♥ (a message from Haein thanking me for the gift), but I deleted it due to concerns about abuse.]

Among all the people I gave gifts, Hae-in was the first person to contact me directly to my personal number. This might seem natural but in fact, it's not easy for top stars to expose their personal contact info to do this.

(Haein-ah, sorry for disclosing private messages like this without permission. ㅠㅠ )

Jisoo-nim is really pretty. Whenever we filmed I used the term '100 points!'. She shines really bright like 45kg diamonds, seriously she's a very bright person, believe me. On the last day of filming, Jisoo's manager gave me a gift.

Everyone, once again, please don't insult or criticize the actors. For me, reading the comments insulting the drama feels like a slap to my face. Can you imagine how severe and painful the wounds must be for the actors themselves that are getting attacked directly? The two are precious treasures of our culture, please let's practice commenting maturely.

PS: Hae-in, Jisoo if you're seeing this post, don't be hurt by the hate comments. We're on your side and are proud of you. We will support you to the end! Fighting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On July 23rd (around 2:50am on the 24th to be exact), after the last filming in the studio, we all had a moment to say hello. Jung Hae-in shed tears while he was talking...the director also encouraged the staff and actors but he burst into tears and couldn't continue his speech.

I've filmed countless dramas but it's the first time I've seen a director do that. How hard Hae-in and the director must've suffered during that time?

Actually, to the director, 'Seolganghwa' is like his baby. Fortunately, after 9 months of filming, the baby was born healthy. How would you feel if people dug a hole and buried it alive?

AVvXsEhUMCNjaK5C2i-37xXNcmGOER4lBP-WZJUban-O7AL4M2ddc1P1LK0Lw_iIbCGvJ1vTrZhAYvhSoQf854uDoXVpcc-a4D6mhHRHHveAqi7O6shI4eU8pAni_AXXlTfSE4aH0pPmzMI7RVoFnlD6tOkyTuwu4Ec1D8ohx2XDm4ushN53-4vf0uRA_4HAXQ=w320-h85

1. [+566, -124] Such a lengthy post full of bullsh** ㅉㅉ
    2. [+385, -43] If the victim is coming out to say there's an issue then isn't it over..? What's definitely true is the fact that there's an issue with this drama.
    3. [+271, -21] There are a lot of dramas and movies that have aired in Korea under the theme of spies but look back on why only 'Seolganghwa' is problematic. The people that created an era where you can even curse the president are those who participated in democratization movement. You keep saying "rights obtained through blood are precious." Is it freedom of expression to glorify people and organizations that killed and tortured those who shed blood? Seolganghwa's message is "Ministry of Ministry is bad but the staff were just kids caught up in the times.." Your claims that this drama didn't beautify spies or Ministry while glorifying the protagonists who themselves created that difficult era are trash. Reflect on yourself first!!
    4. [+258, -22] ...Looks like JTBC and all the people involved don't seem to understand exactly why this drama is problematic..
    5. [+245, -17] You'd think at that age his brains would be a "rosy garden" of wise thoughts..
    6. [+167, -14] Ah, seeing as even a staff is writing such fiction, they must really not realize the issue with this drama. They will claim it's a rosy garden until the end...Wow
    7. [+161, -11] It's because you're beautifying Ministry of Security who were in charge as the one axis of power as a "spy catching agency" ...that's the issue!!!
    8. [+159, -10] So you were all awareㅇㅇ . You just poured two barrels of oil into the fire now
    9. [+100, -15] The fact that Ministry of Security left after being told to bring a warrant is beautification in itself ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

'Snowdrop' staff reveals testimony over leaked script, actors, JTBC officials, and alleged "history distortion"

AVvXsEjUgosReoUEzau8ClitwB3RjSqsAEO2ztIDKLaH95KbOcjPZcJn-ZYxk6POhDrCusbp0wXHP9cov6l8v9qB50ZQCcDuxFWBaxMuyN_dWdmG0qSegRSAqpYCMqt75jG5uLfFb2TeA6cnUEw9rrJzr-d_nx8RXm_gPnkKc7S1aOIlmd05l6Ymp136vfvXzg=s16000

Article: "This is a staff from the drama 'Seolganghwa'"

Source: Pann

Hello, I saw a place called Nate Pann on the internet a while ago, searched it and signed up today. I'm a staff member who participated in drama 'Seolganghwa (Snowdrop)' that's becoming a hot topic these days. My exact position? My name is Jo Bae-gun and I was the photographer in charge of the on-site photos. To put it simply, 99.9% of the official photos that come up if you search the drama are photos I took. Here is a sample of a photo I took [see above].

I was born in May of 1972...I'm 50. ㅠㅠ. I've been taking publicity photos since the early 2000s. As someone who takes photos at drama sites, I'm your so called "first generation" ^^; I'm ashamed to be a still-cut photographer for dramas still, but... maybe I'm the best because I'm the oldest? ^^;

AVvXsEi0bFjwJMF_b5JhfreQiFQuMyO1fwBrafz8UM2d67kv4d8k0DZpqxdrQSTw6YVP76J0hEpm8iFg-E4UtnboraLKH5mata4tKDkWu_rp-Ctu8rLmJfUH45efg1-IkIkUCB71x_i1gNPXpZizxqKgaPwIPV0mRyGERgZZbgPfzk2Jjo04y7wc4rYrPx1ifA=s16000

"As you all know, recently, Seolganghwa has been in controversy due to a lot of issues. I really don't like being in front of others because of my personality so I was a bit scared writing this. I worried about this for a few days, took a deep breath and started writing with a few letters. I writing this without advance consultation with family, friends, or any other person. I'm doing this on my own without coordination from anyone. I'm worried I'll get a call from the production company or JTBC officials right away. Even contrary to my intentions with this post, I worry that it might worsen public opinion and pour oil into the fire. I ask for your understanding and forgiveness in advance for deviating from the production company, JTBC officials and OTT contractor Disney+ officials, actors and staff.

"Lastly, I'm concerned that I may get sued over this. But I have no intention of avoiding any issues. I will 100% take responsibility if it becomes a problem legally.

Before I say anything, I'm an individual, all my comments are my personal opinions, not the official positions of 'Snowdrop' producers or officials. Also, I'd be really grateful if the 'Snowdrop' staff and related people could see this post and if there are any errors with my words, please let me know in the comments or contact me to help fix it.

-------------------------------------------------Leaked Script---------------------------------------------------------

On October 5th, last year, after the entire script was read at JTBC building in Sangnam-dong, the filming was going smoothly for more than one year.

AVvXsEi__F4VcjUJRzUQqmrefaHoYe91GKNFnyEA-zkHdU0JqGbWVuyEigdh7shWUIl_c1JlFYFSlZhAPgfArRtWEyvxekpGWq0SkAHv4HHWeLwyHYK_oImqUg9anzDsxIeejD5WdOZJ0wjU9u6gf-rMarfthkDTtOti8Sj4JI88wr8gkD2R5mKO2FG9lXxXOA=s16000

In March this year, the drama filming ended early after the 2nd episode following controversy over public petitions. Afterwards, articles using the title 'Seolganghwa' started pouring out. The leaked script's plot showed 1. a spy entering a female student dormitory and 2. Students in the 80s describing a security guard as "someone who's like a big brother. " Because of that, many feared it could viewed as a distortion of history that spies coordinated the democratization movement and Ministry of Security. A petition got posted to the Blue House to stop production that also received an answer.

At that time, I figured people misunderstood because they didn't know the contents of the drama because it hadn't aired yet. Even though the script leaked 7 or 8 times, nowhere in the script did it show the Ministry of Security was beautified or spies were involved in democratization movement. I also believed that all the misunderstandings will be resolved naturally when drama began airing.

--------------------------------------------History Distortion Scandal-----------------------------------------------

But the result was far from what I expected. As soon as it aired, a petition was posted on the Blue House again and various organizations and celebrities were expressing their concerns. The biggest reason against airing the drama was:

1. A spy was involved in the democratization movement;

2. Beautified the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications;

3. We denigrated the democratization movement, the June Uprising and 518 Democratic Uprising

AVvXsEjMYS7w3UMA2iorMS2RVG6dF6llzwSTdRNn024SOf_X9RBL-ufySxW1UMY5ADzJ7_7oKqFK3tH9SXGgzIXQ3VwH0WxK5QqUG7ADea8TZ2vfj_FgQ245ta2AX2MKfO0hL4Mqgm1MAlO4Fc0L7y5S8w-sEs94q3eCMXlJhZtvv0nTCi16nksNcj6vjjwkvA=s16000

However, I've read the script from Part 1-16 and I will tell you that regarding:

Issue 1. This drama isn't about the democratization movement. As you can see in the first episode, the student's protest scenes briefly appear in the background that shows the era. And nowhere in the script does espionage and democratization have anything to do with it. Therefore, claims that spies are involved in democratization movement is not true.

Issue 2: There is nothing that says or shows they tried to beautify the Ministry. Ahn Ki-bu is only focused on catching spies. He's just a stereotyped figure.

Issue 3: There is no such content anywhere in the script.

I'm not trying to trick you with clever lies. Really all those three issues are not true. I can understand the controversy but I simply can't sympathize with it.

From my point of view, 'Seolganghwa' is no different from a regular drama. A drama has to attract the attention of the viewers so there are a lot of dramatic and forced settings. Just like how dramas show love between a chaebol and the poor, or love between a top star or minor actor. That's why the main characters are a spy and college girl.

But viewers keep saying "that's not possible" and "that's not it" it becomes a problem.

--------------------------------------Opinion on History Distortion Claims---------------------------------------

Why not? Why is it problematic for a spy to meet a college student as the plot line for the drama? Is there any law in society that prohibits appearing in dramas?

I'm also a creator. Is there anything I'm not allowed to take photos for except hidden cameras that are illegal, etc. Usually the only person that tells me to take or not to take a photo of something is the writer because they're desperate over the situation. I'm desperate too.

This is my opinion, but there's something I want to tell you about this controversy. 'Freedom of expression' and 'Freedom of assembly' are very important and precious values in a democratic society. If anyone limits this freedom even in the slightest, I'll firmly oppose and fight it.

To exaggerate a little, for the creator, 'freedom of expression' is well worth risking your life for. No, actually, it's all of them.

As an older personㅠㅠ, I'm just sharing this old person views ㅋㅋ (sorry).

--------------------------------------Opinion on Malicious Comments--------------------------------------------

Everyone in the comment sections is freely cheering for presidential choice (in the drama, Code 1), but some people just like gossip. You're gossiping on your own regarding the top candidates for next year's election. This might come as a shock to you but it hasn't been long since you were able to do that. Before, I would be risking my life to tell you this loudly in public.

But right now, even if I swear out loud in public or in a group, no one would arrest me, police would protect me. Why? It might seem like nothing to you but a lot of people shed blood to get this freedom. A lot of people died and sacrifice. The freedom we enjoy today was achieved through great sacrifices.

But now a lot of people are demanding 'Snowdrop' is stopped from airing. Thats...honestly I really can't defend that from my point of view. The method is wrong.

In my opinion, a good democratic society (provided it doesn't violate the law) is one where creators can create confidently without restrictions. If creators are uncomfortable, you won't be able to watch or buy it comfortably either. It's an extremely dangerous idea to ask for something to completely disappear because it makes you uncomfortable.

'Seolganghwa' revealed everything is fictional from the beginning and concerns never once appeared. The drama doesn't demean students or provide sanctuary to the Ministry of Security.

That's why Seolganghwa must air to the end.

If you really hate the drama, I suggest you watch other dramas on other channels. Even if 'Snowdrop' viewership rating remains at 0.1%, it'll be successful because that is the only way to protect our precious 'freedom of expression' rights.

------------------------------------------Filming on Set (Hae-in & Jisoo)------------------------------------------

For that reason, please stop your criticism of protagonists Jung Hae-in and Kim Ji-soo. The two took on a difficult role and did their best until the very end.

Even during difficult scenes, they acted with a bright image without ever showing any hardship. I'm so upset as someone on the side watching that they're receiving unreasonable criticism when they deserve applause. If you watched how fiercely Hae-in and Jisoo worked during filming, you won't throw not even one stone at them.

You really don't know how much they suffered. Even as I'm writing this, I shed a lot of tears when I thought of Hae-in and Jisoo's sufferingㅠㅠ. Since today is Christmas, please say 'Merry Christmas' and share your warm thoughts and support.

[Originally, I posted a photo of Hae-in and Jisoo here but I deleted it out of fear it'll be abused]

What do you think the problem of ITZY is?

What-do-you-think-the-problem-of-ITZY-is.jpg

When they debuted, I thought ITZY would dominate the 4th generation

It’s a pity that they’re in a predicament…

JYP’s next girl group will debut early next year

I worry that they will flash and disappear like Miss A

So what do you guys think is the problem with ITZY?

original post: pann

1. [+1068, -17] I don’t know about anything else, but honestly their songs seem to be getting worse.. It would have been better if they had released songs like DALLA DALLA…

2. [+1067, -66] Isn’t their problem the school violence scandal?

3. [+593, -834] ITZY’s problem is Lee Chaeryeong. Her face doesn’t fit the group and she’s not pretty… ITZY with Lee Chaeryeong will never gain popularity

4. [+438, -4] Concept; ITZY got a lot of good reactions during previous activities. Same concept as Wannabe, but Park Jin Young gave them a song like Mafia, he’s crazy

5. [+293, -7] Lia

6. [+282, -10] Didn’t Chaeryeong do the best during the DALLA DALLA era?ㅋㅋ It’s ridiculous to blame Chaeryeong

[enter-talk] THE BEST JANUARY 1ST DISPATCH COUPLE

download%2B%25281%2529.gif

2010 Yoo Haejin & Kim Hyesoo
    2013 Rain & Kim Taehee
    2014 Yoona & Lee Seunggi
    2015 Lee Jungjae & Im Seryung
    2016 Kim Junsu & Hani
    2018 GD & Lee Jooyeon
    2019 Jennie & Kai
    2020 Kim Heechul & Momo (from Market News)

Who will be the 2022 couple?

I think that it will be Haechan and Ryujin but maybe they are not Dispatch-level?

original post: here

1. [+91, -7]
    Haechan-Ryujin are not Dispatch-level.... Also, they are too obvious so it's not fun either. They dating just fine so let's just leave them alone

2. [+74, 0]
    If they don't acknowledge Yeonwoo and Lee Minho, they'll just get attacked by facts instead

3. [+50, -67]
    IU and Suga

4. [+33, -18]
    Even if people know who Ryujin is, they don't know who Haechan is so they are not Dispatch-level so no need to worry about it

5. [+30, -19]
    IU for sure

6. [+26, -16]
    Red Velvet looks suspicious too. It makes no sense that Joy is the only one dating given their senority

7. [+26, -14]
    Song Kang and Han Sohee?

8. [+25, -26]
    Wendy Won Heum
    download%2B%25282%2529.gif

9. [+24, -25]
    I somehow feel like someone in Twice will get exposed like Nayeon-Mingyu or Sana-Jungkook

10. [+23, -13]
    TaengKyung getting back together

11. [+22, -13]
    If it's not Bang-Twice-BP level, it's not gonna be fun

12. [+21, -14]
    Haechan-Ryujin are not at that levelㅋㅋ

13. [+20, -15]
    I hope that an A-list idol gets exposedㅋㅋ

14. [+20, -18]
    Junho Yoona are irrefutable

15. [+19, -16]
    Kai Karina

Millennials surveyed on ideal traits in marriage partners

AVvXsEjqTvOzH8_3qcIfPqYLGHw9W3GvSGTOHos18kpW4FQHQEhvOSd80OrSEByRecFiugU1BLFZgNnbYAg3QfedtihQ6aqsCeVwJRpEL5bIZkmu_w0Qh9EaMQPdFk2MY1kP-p297ZQwtXCI_QnK4fLbCzJJjJHI0DyUWWEIxK2GVT9BU-kLM5M7kTdyrtwJ=w640-h594

Article: What the MZ generation women look for in a partner... civilv servant, 175 cm tall, 60-100 million won income

Source: Everyday Economy via Naver

2021 survey of 500 unmarried men and 500 unmarried women aged 25-39 on ideal partner traits

What men desire in a partner:

Importance: personality > looks > age

Profession: civil servant > white collar > specialized professional (doctor, lawyer, tech, etc)

Hobby: traveling > cooking > working out

Salary: 30 - 60 million won

Assets: 100 - 300 million won

Height: 160 - 165 cm

Education: 4 year college graduate

Age difference: 1-4 years younger

What women desire in a partner:

Importance: personality > income > profession

Profession: civil servant > specialized professional > white collar

Hobby: traveling > cooking > working out

Salary: 60 - 100 million won

Assets: 100 - 300 million won

Height: 175 - 180 cm

Education: 4 year college graduate

Age difference: 1-4 years older

1. [+3,420, -26] ㅋㅋㅋ How are they expecting a civil servant to be making 60 million won in their 20s/30s? Let's not start a gender war over this, media

2. [+1,911, -24] A civil servant making 60 million won ㅠㅠ they're going to have to date someone in their 50s

3. [+944, -67] What 20s/30s men want in a partner is someone with the face of Kim Tae Hee and the body of Jun Ji Hyun. Impossible, right? Just like how there's no man making over 60 million won in his 20s/30s too.

4. [+644, -16] I bet you could count the number of civil servants in their 30s making 60 to 100 million won on one hand ㅎ

5. [+456, -28] We're all going down together, guys. I don't feel lonely because we're all in this together... our generation will single handedly end 2,500 years of Korean history right here.

6. [+225, -1] So women desire 60 to 100 million won in salary but prefer civil servants over specialized professionals? That's like asking for an iced americano warm...

7. [+169, -0] Everyone just needs to stay single

8. [+99, -3] Any civil servant at a marriageable age is only making 30 million won a year, wake up to reality people ㅋㅋ

9. [+69, -5] There exists a large gap in what people desire and what exists in reality. A civil servant in their 20s/30s making 100 million won a year does not exist in real life. And even if such a man did exist, he would not be dating any of you.

10. [+55, -1] If women want a civil servant making 60 to 100 million won a year, their only options are bachelors in their late 50s

11. [+40, -1] My office bookkeeper had super high standards like this and ended up marrying some balding sushi chef

12. [+39, -1] A civil servant making 60 million won a year? So women want to marry a man in his 50s?

Xi Jin Ping drama? Which?

:whatb:

[theqoo] LINK TO NATIONAL PETITION TO ABOLISH JTBC 🔥

Posted on December 23, 2021

image.png
    "We are petitioning for the abolition of JTBC, which airs anti-constitutional dramas.

The drama "Snowdrop", which recently started airing on JTBC, has been controversial from the planning stage for distorting the history of the content and denigrating the democratization movement. Despite this severe public backlash, JTBC does not accept it and fails to properly refute the controversy, repeating its existing position and forcing the release of up to 5 episodes in a row, showing a negative attitude.

This drama glorifies the NSA, a scarecrow institution of the dictatorship that came to power in the 12.12 military rebellion and the 5.17 civil rebellion, as if it were an institution where just and upright people worked for, and distorts history that South Korean agents intervened in the democratization movement led by the Korean people.

(T/N: the petition talks about other problematic elements of the drama)

Now, the Republic of Korea is following the 6th Republic system established through the June 29 Declaration and direct constitutional amendment in 1987. This was accomplished by the people of the Republic of Korea themselves, and it was created through a nationwide democratization movement, not a system created by the participation of operatives sent to the South. To distort that the 6th Republic of the liberal democratic system was created by North Korean spies is to deny the Constitution of the Republic of Korea itself. In addition, beautifying the institutions created by the government that came to power through civil and military rebellion is also to deny the 1987 constitutional system and defend the forces that came to power illegally. JTBC, which broadcasts dramas containing these anti-constitutional contents, should not do broadcasting business in Korea.

When the comprehensive programming channel was launched in 2011, the cause that JTBC presented itself was the restoration of the former TBC Oriental Broadcasting, which was abolished by the military dictatorship, which JTBC itself has used for publicity since its opening. But now, airing a drama that glorifies the servants of the dictatorship that came to power by causing a civil war overthrows the reason for JTBC's existence. Such broadcasters are not qualified to operate in Korea as broadcasters and should be shut down.

Link to petition: https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/Temp/zqVT5m

1. Let's goooooooo!!!

2. I signed it

3. Let's go with the abolition

4. Ah but f*ck... if they are gonna broadcast that Xi Jin Ping drama after Snowdrop... f*ck... We'll keep on getting stressed because of them. We really need to abolish them

5. Signed

6. Make your dramas properly a bit..

7. Please spread this. I don't want any Chinese drama that distorts history anymore

8. Let's go🔥

9. I just saw the JTBC Snowdrop Castle post. JTBC is so hopeless (T/N: see below)

10. It might seem a bit extreme but JTBC was even more extreme

[theqoo] JTBC POSTING ABOUT SNOWDROP CASTLE ON THEIR INSTAGRAM

image.png
    "Shining Seunghye in Hosoo Female University, My Mel princess as target?!
    JTBC didn't recognize them at all ^^

A special broadcast at 10:30 PM this week [Fri/Sat]
    <Snowdrop> is a must watch!"

Seriously, they can't read the room at all

1. They are trying to threaten us

2. ...???? Wow

3. They are saying "let's go until the end", f*ck

4. JTBC-yah, read the room a bit. Why are you acting like that towards the actors?

5. Seriously impressive... there's no other solution than to get rid of them

6. They are really trying to fight with us

7. They look like psychopaths

8. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ just how much do they look down on the viewersㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋwhy are they so shamelessㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. Look at them bullsh*tting with the My Mel princess and Shining Seunghye;;; they are getting these actors hate

10. Seriously, looking at them behaving like this shows that they don't care

[theqoo] JTBC "SNOWDROP", EP. 3~5'S SPECIAL AIRING... IT WILL LESSEN THE WORRIES SURROUNDING THE DISTORTION OF HISTORY"

image.png

In response to escalating voices of criticism and protest against the new Sat-Sun drama series 'Snowdrop' starring Jung Hae In, BLACKPINK's Jisoo, Jang Seung Jo, Kim Hye Yoon, Yoo In Na, and more, JTBC has released an official statement on December 23 to announce changes to the drama's airing schedule for this week.

JTBC stated:

"Episodes 3-5 of 'Snowdrop' will be aired this week from December 24 (Friday) through December 26 (Sunday).

Episode 3 will be aired on 12/24 at 10:30 PM KST.
    Episode 4 will be aired on 12/25 at 10:30 PM KST.
    Episode 5 will be aired on 12/26 at 10:30 PM KST.

The controversy regarding JTBC's 'Snowdrop' is ongoing. As is the standard with all on-air dramas, it is impossible to reveal the complete story of any series prior to the program's airing, and this has caused a severe misunderstanding with the development of the first part of the plot. As a result, in order to relieve the concerns of our viewers, JTBC has decided to specially air the drama's upcoming episodes early.

During episodes 3-5 which will be aired this week, the story will reveal why the male character Su Ho, a North Korean spy, was sent to the South, as well as his relationship to the unlawful power system, and why his character was guised as a student protester. The story will further reveal that the Agency for National Security Planning is the very organization which brings in spies from the North into the South, and the true struggle for power and money between the leaders of the North and the South will begin unfold during these episodes. The story will then go on to unveil how the young characters become irreversibly entangled in the secretive dealings between the powerful leaders of the two sides.

JTBC upholds the respect of all views and opinions. In order to pay heed to the views and opinions of viewers, JTBC is closely listening to the conversations currently taking place via the viewer discussion boards and various online platforms. We have chosen to go forward with this special early broadcast in order to resolve the ongoing issues raised by viewers. JTBC promises to continue doing our best in order to hear the voices of our viewers loud and clear, and to bring viewers good quality content in the future.

The variety program 'Liberation Town', which usually airs on Friday evenings at 10:30 PM KST, will instead be aired on December 25 (Saturday) at 6:50 PM KST."

CR: Allkpop

1. Looks like they won't be able to broadcast this anymore so they are trying to air the things they filmed as much as possible. Stop being such a douche

2. I don't wanna see any of these actors ever again

3. Oh they sure are still f*cking bullsh*tting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. They are calling this a "misunderstanding". Just screw off from South Korea

5. They know that the possibility of getting this canceled is increasing by the day so they are trying to broadcast as much as they can. F*cking repulsive, f*ck

6. No but are these f*ckers crazy? They know that this is gonna get scrapped so they are trying to get everything out. F*ck, I'm getting goosebumps at how disgusting they are

7. Looks like they are doing this because it's gonna get cancelled soon. Please scrap this soon!

8. At this point, I'm wondering if they will even air 12 episodes in one day. Anyways, they still have Disney+ as their OTT service

9. If they want to show everything so shamelessly, then reveal all the script and I'll be understanding. Why must they reveal it through their videos?ㅋㅋㅋ

10. They claim that they respect all views and opinions but they never heard our feedback. They kept insisting that there was nothing problematic. Their words and actions don't match

[theqoo] 'SNOWDROP' SPECIAL SCHEDULE "THERE IS A TWIST IN THE PLOT, WILL BE REVEALING EP. 5 IN ADVANCE"

1. Before there is no more way back, stop everything

2. I'll acknowledge you if you kill all the main characters in ep. 3, and then kill everyone who tried to interfered with the democratic movement (including the characters from the NSA). Then in ep. 5, admit that the media tried to defend the NSA.

3. Stop trying to provoke us, just scrap this

4. JTBC said "your opinion will change once it airs"
    JTBC said "your opinion will change once you watch ep. 5"
    JTBC said "your opinion will change once you watch ep. 10"
    JTBC said "there will be a surprising and shocking ending, please watch the last episode"

5. Stop bullsh*tting, what are you gonna do about the f*cking head of the NSA? We told you to not do a f*cked up romance story with real historical people and historical events

6. Looks like they just can't let go of that f*cked up NSA

7. Looks like ep. 3-4 will have contents that will anger us even more

8. They asked us to watch the first episode but are now on the way to ask us to watch the last episodeㅋㅋㅋ

9. Just don't f*cking air it

10. 🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤑

[theqoo]🔥🔥🔥SNOWDROP'S PROTEST TRUCK STARTING TODAY🔥🔥🔥

Source: Women Generation posted about this protest eventT/N: it's not SNSD, from Namuwiki, it's a Daum Cafe called 여성시대, it's a community that was opened in 2007 and comprised of !800K female users from 20-30 y'o discussing about social issues, news, entertainment, beauty, etc.

image.png

Truck #1Thursday, Friday - roaming around Sangam-dong
    Saturday - roaming around Hongdae(Mapo-gu)

Truck #2
    Thursday, Friday, Saturday - roaming around Gwanghwamun, Jong-ro, Gangnam (t/n: Gwanghwamun and Jong-ro are historical areas of Seoul)

image.png

In front of YTN (t/n: Korean news channel)

image.png

In front of City Hall square
    banner message: #beautification of NSA - Snowdrop - Broadcast halt - Scrap everything!!!

t/n: we will translate the screen messages below

image.png

In front of JTBC

image.png

In front of Dongailbo (t/n: Korean newspaper)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Screen messages:
    The victims from the torture from NSA are still alive.
    The murderers and torturers from the NSA are still alive.
    The 1987 battle has not ended.

image.png

The snowdrop of 1987 is not hope that falls like snow on dry land.
    Rather, it was despair that poured like rain on the ground stained with blood.

image.png

Democracy was not achieved free of charge
    Their sacrifices are not something you can ride freely on!

image.png

Just how far are you going to distort the history that we know?
    You are insulting my history!!!

image.png

Snowdrop,
    Delighting in distorting history in your various ways

image.png

An upright NSA agent? (t/n: the true meaning of 대쪽같아 is hard to translate, it literally means straight like a bamboo, figuratively, it means someone who has strong morals, able to draw the line, in a very positive/praise-worthy way)
    You can straighten up twice, but democracy will fold on itself twice!!!

image.png

The ones with the upright temper isn't the NSA
    rather, it's the citizens who protected democracy.

image.png

(they're making an acrostic phrase with Seolganghwa, we'll translate the sentences literally)
    Seol - Don't tell me you forgot?
    Gang - Through their big aspirations,
    Hwa: There are real names attached to the ones whose splendid youths took an end in the NSA torture room.

image.png

'He banged his head and died' T/n: this is the exact sentence that the government gave out after a 2nd investigation on Park Jongchul martyr's death, admitting that there was tortured'
    Snowdrop producers, do you not know about the brutality of the NSA?

This is the Twitter account for the truck 👇

Please give a lot of interest!!!

1. Fighting!! The messages are daebak, you're making me emotional

2. Meanwhile what is Jisoo's fandom doing? They haven't done anything in stopping the show even after it aired

3. I'm supporting you!!

4. Seriously, this is the way we should be organizing ourselves. That's how they'll wake up. We need to refrain them from making any dramas and movies as a whole in the future

5. There's nothing I can add to those messages and everything is straight to the point.
    More than scrapping this drama, we will incite them to stop making other controversial dramas too.
    Don't mind people calling this waste of electricity and noise pollution

6. Ughㅠㅠㅠ Looking at how quiet JTBC is acting right now, it looks like they'll still going to try to broadcast the episode this week, but I hope they will not lazily let this slide again. Please

7. Looking at the source being Women Generation, it looks like Women Generation were also the ones who collected the funds for this... I want to send them funds too ㅠㅠ The message is beautifully written

8. Those messages are daebakㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Fighting

9. Women Generation were always well organized when it comes to truck protests. Even looking back at the Maple Story incident, they were the first ones to organize one (t/n: not too sure what this one is about, seems like it happened in 2007-2008).
    Anyways, people usually get very intimidated by protest trucks. I hope it gets cancelld soon!! I'm supporting

[theqoo] THE WORK THAT WILL FOLLOW SNOWDROP, CONTROVERSY OVER GLORIFYING CCP, ENEMIES ON EVERY SIDE

image.png
    image.png

Following the controversy over the JTBC drama 'Snowdrop', its successor work 'Until the Morning Comes' is also engulfed in another 'distortion' controversy.

‘Until the Morning Comes’, in which actors Han Seokgyu and Jung Yumi were cast, has already been embroiled in a CCP beautification controversy. This drama is based on the original Chinese mystery novel 'Long Night Hard to Dawn'. The story depicts the process of a victim, a former prosecutor, persistently digging to find the truth behind a murder that took place decades ago.

It is a novel that has been criticized for containing content that promotes Chinese President Xi Jinping in the original work “Long Night Without Dawn”. The allegations are that it justified and promoted the anti-corruption campaign, the agenda of purge of the Xi Jinping government, and that it contained content suggesting that President Xi Jinping's political opponents were eliminated.

There is also a past where the original author, Zi Jin Chen himself, ridiculed and demeaned the Hong Kong pro-democracy forces during Hong Kong independence movement. In August 2019, he posted on Weibo, “Who are the people who are calling for Hong Kong independence? People who do not have a proper job, are lazy and idle, and suddenly one day they say that they are going to be revolutionaries.” In the same month, he wrote, “Some of my friends are stupid directors, and some writers are supporters of Hong Kong independence.” “I really want to expose them all. I want to, but I think this is would be a violent and unethical approach.”

In conjunction with the case of Zi Jin Chen, who repeatedly expressed negative views on democracy, including the Hong Kong independence movement, “Long Night Without Dawn” also faced criticism for glorifying President Xi Jinping and praising the Communist Party system.

The public is not accepting that such novels were adapted and dramatized by JTBC, a domestic broadcaster, as an original work. Moreover, as Snowdrop' is engulfed in controversy over historical distortion, military regime beautification, and disparagement of the pro-democracy movement, public opinion criticizing JTBC is increasing.

JTBC seems to be conscious of the controversy. 'Until the Morning Comes' has finished filming up to episode 8, and the filming schedule has been temporarily suspended. JTBC said, "We are currently reorganizing the drama to perfect it" and "It is undecided when filming will resume."

This drama was originally scheduled to be aired in the second half of this year with a total of 16 episodes. It can be insinuated that they felt pressured to continue filming a work that is suspected of beautifying the Communist Party while the public outcry over 'Snowdrop' is heating up.

The programming schedule has also been completely wiped out, and it is observed that JTBC will look at public opinion after the Snowdrop.

On the other hand, public opinion criticizing 'Snowdrop' is expected to continue. Following criticism from all walks of life, public opinion against the broadcast is strong, with JTBC and the production crew of 'Snowdrop' being accused of violating the National Treasury Act. Concerns are being poured out in the related communities merging the two dramas as one incident.

source: https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211222075905915

1. The broadcast station that is selling our country away

2. Are they crazy? Scrap it

3. Selling our country away

4. This is the specific reason why we need to stop Snowdrop
    If we let it slide, they'll continue to release works like that
    They're going to pursue the agenda of freedom of expression
    We cannot forgive people who distort our history

5. At this point, they have to be doing this on purpose

6. Do they really lack plot ideas?? Their eyes sure are blinded with Chinese money

7. The J in JTBC stands for Joongkook (t/n: China)

8. Selling our country

9. The writer is seriously against democracy, yet they're giving him money...? Free Hongkong

10. Seriously how to they pick works like that....
    I can't help but see their intention right through
    It's obvious that they want to push the end of Snowdrop and look at the public sentiment, before airing this one
    But they got the order wrong.
    Both should never happen!!!!

11. It looks like they will have a physical disease from acting patriotic so they're selling our country away. Looks like their hearts will be at peace as long as they'll keep selling our country away

12. If you love Communism that much, go and live there

13. JTBC OUT

14. Pingping disease

15. F*ck do they think we're in China?
    I can't help but swear
    This is a huge mess

1640190303-untitled-1.jpg

There was a netizen who recently claimed to have received a letter of complaint for leaving malicious comments about BLACKPINK's Jisoo. However, there have been suspicions raised that those documents could possibly be fake.

Recently, there was a post created in an online community with the title "I think I'm being sued because of a celebrity." The creator of the post, A, uploaded a photo saying that he received a court summons because of a complaint filed by BLACKPINK's Jisoo against the malicious comments left by A.

A claimed, "when I came home, there was a document from the police. I don't know if I wrote that comment on my home IP address or my mobile phone IP address. but I think I wrote the comment on my mobile phone IP. During the investigation, if I say I didn't do it would the complaint be withdrawn? If there's a fine, how much is it?" 1640192559-image.png

However, another netizen, B, raised suspicions that the document might be fake. Netizen B wrote, "Official documents can only be sent by post or registered mail. They do not send it on A4 paper and it's not folded in half like that." In addition, netizen B pointed out that the suspect and witness are mentioned alternatively without any distinction between the two.

Netizen B stated, "the name of the legislation is also wrong. It is not the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Utilization and Information Protection, etc., but the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc." Netizen B claimed that the document seemed like a forged one, saying, "The format is also inconsistent. Also, the author deleted the post when he asked me to verify the envelope from the court."

If netizen A actually produced the document as if it had come from the court, he could be punished for falsifying an official document. According to Article 225 of the Criminal Act, fabricating or falsifying official documents can be punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

1640192843-image.png

1. Wow.... I've seen everything, they're even going as far as faking lawsuits..... This f*cking hilarious..... Fangirling life is really doomedㅋㅋ

2. I was wondering where on Earth would you find lawyers who can act this quickly, but you're telling me this is fake?

3. Wow goosebumpsㅋㅋ

4. You're telling me they wouldn't do anything when they see the usual comments like "BlackPink🤮" but when it's comment calling our BlackPink Jisoo for acting in a drama that glorifies the NSA and that it's considered secondary assault to the victims, now they consider it hate speech against Blackpink?ㅋㅋ I've seen fans fake something, but they're really here faking everything.

5. But who ever got sued on Theqoo?

Theqoo doesn't even differentiate between house IP and phone IP, and they claim they got sued on Theqoo? This makes 0 senseㅋㅋ

Me too I've dropped a few PDFs in those lawsuit galleries before so I know how they work, you can't get sued from comments on Theqoo

6. Faking a lawsuit???? Isn't this a crime???

7. This is so fakeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It would be so hard to file a lawsuit this fast and you're telling me they were able to sue someone who wrote, then deleted their comments and are able to even differentiate phone IP? I've fangirled on YG idols and they've never acted this quickly

8. This is fabricated right? If this is really fake, you can really tell Jisoo's fans have gone crazy

9. Wow imagine faking a lawsuit for an idol. What an amazing fandom

10. They can't swear at other people so now they're swearing at their own bias, what the? ㅠㅠ Even the alleged swearing they wrote towards Jisoo was so harsh, they should be the ones to really get sued by Jisoo

Dispatch exposes 'Snowdrop' fictional trap that ultimately led to the drama's "downfall"

AVvXsEjIhHikJbeMKmUIfB9QwVYHBbO4OjPdVv_GOxnTGfgL3xPUuFVQLRO5R0bYG3wfFWnSREy8S0brjvZwopDEmxC32DCfRFXw_2tY9ry7v3f8-HgRQwVnAWnubCbjKGdNNe2M5xP8Ra1adYUSbBmBK241dBzawsiPxVCD5413OLocRRIk3NWx7q6p1iiIaQ=s16000

Article: "Why did it happen to only them?"...'Seolganghwa's "fictional" trap

Source: Dispatch

Dispatch has revealed reason why 'Snowdrop' was caught up in "history distortion" scandal.

Other dramas like 'Crash Landing on You' explored similar controversial themes however they weren't caught up in "history distortion" scandal. Why? Because there was no setting that reminded viewers of a real historical figure. That's why writer Park Ji-eun was able to unleash her "creativity" without regrets and ultimately created a successful fantasy romance drama between the "two Koreas."

Writer Ji-eun worked on the script determined "not to write a single line of words that aren't in history, while still reminding us of reality thus inducing viewers to sympathize with the pain."

So what happened with writer Yoo Hyunmi? She had been preparing for JTBC's 'Seolganghwa' for 12 years and even got a certificate for her 2008 North Korean defector memoirs and drew on her experiences at Ewha Women's University for the drama.

Well, the problem is the drama draws on a lot of controversial themes. The 1987 presidential election, friction between North Korea and ruling party, espionage manipulations, Ministry of Security, Chun Doo-hwan, university scene, student protests etc. Nevertheless, the drama continued to emphasize it was a work of "fiction".

PD Cho Hyun-tak even said, "Except for the military regime and presidential election, all the characters, settings, and agencies are fictitious. This is not a drama that denigrates the democratization movement and glorifies the Ministry of Security and spies. It's just a melodrama about young men and women who sacrificed in a whirlwind of inter-Korean confrontation."

However, when the lid was opened, the drama could not be dismissed as a simple work of "fiction." This is because the drama reminds us of real historical figures, even victims of state power.

① Male protagonist Im Su-ho (Jung Hae-in)

His real name is Ri Tae-san

and he's a North Korean spy. His father was a genius musician who was driven as a reactionary. He later becomes an agent and travels to Korea after receiving orders from East Germany. He plans to defect to North Korea by recruiting Professor Han Yi-seop

, the economic brain of the opposition presidential candidate.

AVvXsEgHwWN0a3YAaIItzz4QpO7uQFgye1BtyIBcdpcgtPwkTNyXoUnGPiiywX1MxV5Gbl76xStRz0YYJrYpkEvvn2a5GZ4UGb3zBZDzzYc6lIL7QDsXc8t8nmBJqaZlgy1Xpso3Hrw3TuqXXX0ColwAJ_cggB0iH9pklmGy31V4Qx0bOa6d8ou9uo9aV135dg=s16000

[Dongbaek-rim/East Berlin incident of 1967] - At that time, Central Intelligence Agency claimed that 194 students and Koreans from Germany and France were spies. The used a simple contact incident to expand, exaggerate, and strengthen Park Chung-hee regime. Lee Sang-eun, a genius composer, was accused of being a spy, kidnapped by intelligence agents in Germany and sentenced to life in prison. He was released after 2 years in prison but didn't return to his hometown until his death.

② Female lead Eun Young-ro (Blackpink Jisoo)

Her original name was Eun Young-cho, however her name was changed after drama's plot was leaked in March causing controversy and protests by viewers. She believes Su-ho to be a demo student, and hides him in her dorm. She falls in love with him at first sight.

AVvXsEj6UZB_3j_acbGJGQDoljy1wl7e_IN53aQvoMzaWmNBRuGJSfB3wn6fUgMhmcTo-4m8sLmo0I6KTYubz6FiX07yN8bMrLzLHjcrgNJacZr2Aa88kr12d0PpbDrT_Qw3BJgdFAh_fR876OLaWvsL_RcTgr6eW7FDAu-qe5Pk7QYgDT5pbQLsVCqSypPMeg=s16000

When Su-ho is chased by the NSA, a protest by Jo Jung-min (Kim Min-soo) was in full swing right next to him. The song 'Sol-ah, Sol-ah, Green Sol-ah' that symbolizes democratization movement can be heard playing in the background.

There's also Young-ro's roommate who's also a student at Hosoo university and described as taking the lead in the movement. She mistakes Su-ho, who's a spy, to be an "activist" and helps him.

[Young-cho's sister - Chun Young-cho] - She was a pro-democracy activist. In mid-1970s, she formed a reading group to fight for women's liberation, overthrowing dictatorships and labor liberation. Her husband, Jung Mun-hwa was also a pro-democracy activist against Park Chung-hee dictatorship. He also took part in the June 1987 uprising. He was accused of espionage in Mincheong Hankryun incident and suffered severe torture. The motif of the university in the drama is the same as Ewha Women's University whose students also called for overthrowing the dictatorship.

③ What about 'Snowdrop's message?

The drama leads with the message that "groups can be bad but have good people in them." The drama claims North Korean spies and the National Security Agency "have their own stories."

Su-ho is a spy who tries to kidnap Koreans but he's portrayed as "good natured" and "charming." He "likes" democracy and even calls its "cool" when he hears Young-ro's sister is doing a demonstration.

AVvXsEgPqLzSdUduq3zbNpbSueB5TIxs1iJELQZGfVIfj6HMscpahg8oUyNoIETQfJ_ocOx0BpiVi1ZstYK-2ymPIqLxynznqMm50GuFttHQYgTJn3or6cMP27PsIlLXCm6SjTz0LsPCYJKtWdC03aXq-CLLvvJZCphHr07KdqrKAUA-pP7ZiHFLKdtnRADj1g=s16000

Lee Kang-moo (Jang Seung-jo), a fictional agent of real life Agency of National Security Planning (ANSP) is portrayed as a man with "burning desire for revenge after losing a colleague." He's "just" and "righteous" despite his numerous human rights abuses in history. His ex-girlfriend Jang Han-na (Jung Yu-jin) is also portrayed as a "hardworking" and "charming" girl crush character.

Eun Chang-soo (Heo Jun-ho), the head of the security department, is a key member of the Dongsim Association. He's a giant-like character but portrayed as "gentle" and "delicate" and likes poetry.

AVvXsEhGutFaEjAjn8Bs_8Q3AkVF44xkSOi5B46YS4-9XNDNoLmTk3l0VtAphkAh3VXeAXIN7gnVRHh7kLhYHgSkNhzVMKXTQp_3I3759Z8Yd7hLuZfqtCvp0HSS7IMR7dvJ-CPuKYHrfYI9DbXWTX6tWDHIoJnQEP53x2MzqoJv7ZxQ9XR0QR-RizS6Zfwslg=s16000

④ 'Snowdrop' emphasis that it's a work of "fiction"

'Snowdrop' emphasizes the drama is a work of "fiction." But fiction that causes suffering is violence.

On January 14, 1987, a college student died after being assaulted, electrocuted and tortured by water at the Security Headquarters, Namyeong-dong Anti-Communist Office in Room 509. Police announced at the time that "he fell and died." During military dictatorship, many victims were subjected to violence and torture due to espionage manipulations. However, the drama tries to rationalize and justify a college student hiding a spy in her room as being an "activist."

If a drama was truly a work of fiction, they should've focused on the word "fiction." It's ironic that they cleverly mixed up the settings from actual protests in history behind the title of "fiction."

This disaster was predicted when the plot was first leaked and officials claimed to have "made changes." But other than changing the female lead (Jisoo)'s name, nothing else changed.

They boldly pushed forward and portrayed a romance between a North Korean spy and South Korean college student with democratization movement as a backdrop. This dangerous and inappropriate combination eventually led to the drama's "downfall" into "history distortion" scandal becoming a "second assault" to victims.

[theqoo] ?????: BLACKPINK FANS ACCUSING THE FAMILY OF THE LATE MARTYR PARK JONG-CHEOL FOR BUTTING IN AND TRYING TO GAIN SYMPATHY AROUND THE WORLD

"Now, Blackpink fans are talking about the bereaved family of the late Park Jong-cheol intervening to gain sympathy from people around the world. Are you really crazy?"

image.png

image.png

The foreigners are seriously hopeless

1. Wow they're seriously crossing the line...They've gone insane

2 Just why in the hell do you think you have the right to speak on another country's history? Just go study it instead. There's a line you shouldn't cross, and you've crossed it? Let's report that user.

3. This person doesn't even know who Park Jeong-cheol is and is spurting crap from her mouth

4. ㅋㅋㅋ They've crossed the lineㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ F*ck they're not even joking at this point? Who are they trying to touch now?

5. They're seriously dogs, going all crazy over a drama

6. Wow... She's crossed the line far beyond

7. They've crossed the line F*ck

8. You can trust me in skipping Blackpink in the future

9 F*ck I want to smack her

10. BlackPink's fans are seriously crazy with their cyber bullying. I don't want to see BlackPink promote in Korea anymore, f*ck off overseas

[theqoo] HOW FAR PEOPLE GO TO PROTECT SNOWDROP

They released a petition to keep broadcasting Snowdrop
    IT's called "JTBC drama 'Snowdrop'. The truth about numerous fabrications and distortions surrounding it"
    image.png

Any Korean citizen is able to sign the petition
    However, if you're not Korean, the language you sign in will be automatically updated to your own language

image.png
    Just like the comment above, there are a lot of foreigners who signed it

image.png

By default, the phrase "I agree" is entered in the national petition, and comments can be posted when you click Agree.
    Nevertheless, I was tearing up seeing all those foreign fans cheering for the drama in their own language.

But why did foreigners appear in the national petition?

This was because a 'Korean' fan who wanted to protect Snowdrop provided guidelines to 'foreign' fans to participate in the petition.
    (Currently, the account is protected and she changed her ID.)

image.png

The fans who didn't want to stay still and turn into fools, went to sign the petition and shared the links around with the way to sign it.

image.png

If you search "sign snowdrop" you'll find all the foreigners who are sharing the petition.
    They're not only sharing the petition above, they're also sharing other petitions to protect Snowdrop
    image.png

as of the present time,
    About 2,700 people signed the "JTBC drama 'Snowdrop'. The truth about numerous fabrications and distortions surrounding it"
    About 3,600 people agreed with "The truth behind Snowdrop drama"

Perhaps it was because about 900 more people joined, and I was able to see comments written in foreign languages more frequently than in the petition above.

image.png

image.png
    (T/n: the Korean comment was written by a foreigner)

Petition with 300K people who signed to cancel Snowdrop:
    https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/603194

1. Does it make any sense that even foreigners are able to sign our national petition?? The Korean and international fans are seriously short sighted... Why are they making this issue bigger?

2. Are you guys Korean citizens?

3. From fangirling to destroying a country

4. No but they're not even citizens, why are foreigners singing our petitionsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is dumbfounding

5. F*ck you

6. It's called a "National" petition for a reason

7. BP are the worst

8. Do they think that this will solve anything? F*ckㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. This is seriously legendaryㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. They're so crazy into their fangirling, they're ready to destroy a country

[theqoo] CONTROVERSIAL 'SNOWDROP', WORRIES OVER ITS SUCCESS ON DISNEY+

image.png

Despite the controversy over distortion of the democratization movement, the drama 'Snowdrop' succeeded in the early box office at the global OTT Disney Plus. While it seems to be the effect of the Kpop representative group Black Pink Jisoo, some were concerned about the overseas popularity of historically distorted dramas.

According to 'Flix Patrol', an online content service ranking site, JTBC's Saturday and Sunday drama 'Snowdrop' ranked 12th in the global streaming rankings as of the 20th. It ranked 2nd in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan, and received a better response in Asia, such as Korea 3rd and Japan 5th.

[...]

An article titled "Why the KDrama "Snowdrop" is EXTREMELY Problematic" was posted on Reddit, a famous American community, on the 19th.

The author informed the controversy over the distortion of the history of 'Snowdrop' in Korea and introduced the history of the May 18 Gwangju Democratization Movement in detail. He also pointed out, "What if you saw a romance that portrays the Nazis as likeable beings in a Netflix series and glorifies him?"

[...]

source:  https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211221170003929

1. Boycotting Disney+

2. I don't watch Disney+ though

3. I'm boycotting Disney+ entirely

4. Can Disney+ wake up already.... What are they doing? It feels like they'll never realize

image.png
    "Stop hiding, come out and answer.
    Boycott Disney+
    Belittling democratization movement. We are boycotting Disney+ for broadcasting drama Snowdrop that is distorting our history."

6. Who even watch Disney+ in Korea?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. Nobody watches Disney+ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Shouldn't it be #1 instead? Who even watches Disney_?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Disney+ is just a f*cking flop

8. They couldn't even achieve #1 in Korea? Even after all their advertisements, they couldn't achieve #1? Isn't this a total flop? Disney+ should be Disney-?

9. F*ck you Disney+

10. There's nobody to boycott Disney+ in the first place so I thought it would be #1... Any Korean drama can do well over there

[theqoo] [EXCLUSIVE] JTBC'S EXECUTIVES & SNOWDROP'S PRODUCER RECEIVED A COMPLAINT FOR VIOLATION OF THE NATIONAL TREASURY ACT

An official complaint has been filed against the JTBC drama 'Snowdrop', which has been engulfed in history distortion and military regime beautification controversies.

On the 21st, it was confirmed that a complaint was filed against JTBC president Hong Jung-do and director Jo Hyun-tak, and writer/director Yoo Hyeon-mi, who wrote 'Snowdrop', to the National Newspaper for violating the National Treasury Act.

The accuser, A, said on the same day, "JTBC took the position claiming that there are no spy involved in the democratization movement, which is absurd." "It is clear that they are depicting just that. A spy living in Korea with the background of democratization movement, developing a romance story."

He continued, “Spies themselves are being sent to the South for the purpose of confusing Korean society and causing internal conflict as they leave. Isn't the story itself glorifying and justifying the actions of spies by telling a story about them leading normal lives when deployed in Korea?"

He continues "If you have a general understanding of history, you would've set a fictive country, with fictive characters. However, in Snowdrop, they were caught introducing real characters in real history."

"President Hong Jung-do is responsible as the general manager of the broadcasting company, while writer Yoo Hyeon-mi and director Cho Hyun-tak are responsible for writing and directing the story."

A adds "I want the media with huge power to be held accountable."

source:  https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211221164616425

1. We support you!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. They're also beautifying spies!!!

3. Right, they're also beautifying spies

4. You can tell he's educated. We support you

5. We support you. This was a good post

6.. Wow this affair is growing bigger and bigger

7. Of course if you beautify spies, you are violating the National Treasury Act

8. Let's go

9. Ah please scrap it! Thank you

10. This guy is seriously so smart

[theqoo] SIM SANGJUNG SPEAKS ON SNOWDROP

T/N: Sim Sangjung was one of the five major presidential candidates in the 2017 South Korean presidential election, running as the Justice Party's nominee. She is currently a member of the 21st National Assembly and was the leader of the Justice Party from 2015 to 2017 and 2019 to 2020.

T/N: We will translate the tweets, but will not post all the tweets there

Not long ago, in response to the death of Chun Doo-hwan (t/n: elected military dictator de facto, he was the one who led the military during Gwangju uprising. Snowdrop depicted a character very similar to him in the drama), I said, 'We must constantly reflect on whether the era of Chun Doo-hwan is over.' Watching the controversy over the drama Snowdrop, I realize that what I said is now reality, not a warning anymore. I'm sensing that [the drama] is attempting to re-evaluate harsh era behind Chun Doo-hwan as well as Chun Doo-hwan himself.

It is rather a problem if you do not see the issue in a drama featuring a pseudo-Chun Doo-hwan who is portrayed as the godfather of the mafia, a spy who infiltrated the movement, a righteous NSA, university students who show no worries about what is happening around them, etc.. We must remember Chun Doo-hwan who manipulated us with his spy agenda, and the torture that have continued for more than a century. The victims are still alive.

If we are to shine a light in this harsh era, the protagonists should be ordinary citizens who shed blood, sweat, and tears for the democracy of the Republic of Korea, not on the NSA and spies of the South in the dictatorship. There is already a good precedent: 〈Youth in May〉. Creative freedom should be humble in the face of the wounds of history.

1. "The victims are still alive."

This sentence alone should justify why we need to cancel the drama. She spoke good words, thumbs up

2. "The victims are still alive.
    Creative freedom should be humble in the face of the wounds of history."

3. I don't necessarily support Sim Sangjung, but she really spoke well this time👍🏻 I'm dumbfounded at the sight of other assembly members shutting their mouths over this issue

4. They should stop hiding behind the excuse of creative freedom and take responsibility.

5. The victims are still alive

6. It's the truth!!!!👏👏👏👏

7. The people who are still watching this drama are just certified poop brainedㅋㅋㅋ

8. That's right~

9. Creative freedom? You know this is only possible thanks to the democratization movement?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The victims died for you to have this freedom, yet you're using it like that?

[theqoo] JTBC, 'SNOWDROP' IF WE CAN'T RESOLVE THIS, IT'S THE END

JTBC’s Saturday and Sunday drama ‘Snowdrop’ is surrounded by enemies. Within two episodes of the broadcast, the number of petitions demanding its abolition surpassed 300,000. Companies that have started supporting production are also taking a ‘breaking ties' stance. At the time production was in full swing, several companies had already announced their intention to suspend or withdraw support for production. After episodes 1 and 2, the number of companies that stopped or withdrew support for production is increasing. Disney+, which purchased the OTT programming right for Snowdrop, is also watching the situation to see if it will lead to a sharp decline in the number of subscribers.

Thanks to this, JTBC's worries have deepened. Paying close attention to the possibility that the ‘Snowdrop’ boycott movement may spread into the ‘JTBC boycott’ movement. However, they have no intention of abolishing ‘Snowdrop’ right now. JTBC cannot easily decide on any issues, given the huge production cost and the issue of compensation for damages. It also aims for a "reversal" according to the development of the play. They promised that in the second half, they won't portray situations that will lead to concerns. But the distrust has already deepened.

[...]

The same goes for production presentations. Director Cho Hyuntak's remarks raised controversy. Talking about how this issue seems to infringe on creative freedom. If so, where is the legal basis that creative freedom can be used to distort or glorify history? We have no choice but to ask again where was their sense of responsibility. Rather than settling the controversy and creating a process of persuasion and understanding our viewpoints, they are once again trying to cover up.

Even if people pointed out that their method was wrong from the beginning, JTBC and the production team remained the same. The statement released on the 21st also said, “Once you see it, you know it” like a parrot. JTBC said, "Following the broadcast of “Snowdrop,” controversy is not dying down based on false information, so we are releasing a statement. First of all, the background and motif for important incidents in “Snowdrop” are the time of military regime. With this background, it contains a fictional story of the party in power colluding with the North Korean government in order to maintain authority. “Snowdrop” is a creative work that shows the personal stories of individuals who were used and victimized by those in power."

[...]

I'm curious. I would like to ask if, at least once, did you find a sufficient validation for your work by visiting democratization organizations before production? If you did, the evidence would be there. If not, it is like talking about freedom of creation without even making any effort to gather opinions during the production process. Yes, they said we will know if we watch the show. But why should viewers work hard to get rid of misunderstandings after watching the work? This is in a state of controversy as there have already been scenes of concern in just two episodes of the broadcast.

It is self-evident that if we do not solve the ‘Snowdrop’ problem, we will fall into a deep pit. It is disastrous if a broadcaster, that has already largely lost its channel influence after the growth of the OTT market, loses audience trust as well.
    Even YouTube content that was doing well will obviously lead to cancellation of subscriptions. There is no excuse for the survival of the show. There is a reason the majority opposes it. It is also up to JTBC and the production team to persuade us. Without even persuading us, the “minority opinion is important” method only causes chaos. Something happened and it is JTBC's responsibility to rectify it. There is only one choice left, whether to overcome the controversy and come up with an explanation that everyone can accept, or whether to abolish the work entirely.

And JTBC should know. The phrase 'you know when you watch the broadcast' started as a remark to prevent spoilers before the broadcast, and it's not a word to say in a situation where the controversy has grown even after the second episode has already been aired.

source:  https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211221124410908

1. What a good article

2. Wow I'm gonna stop watching Sing Again too, I'll start boycotting JTBC

3. Stop bullsh*tting, I've already cancelled my subscription to JTBC channel, let's cancel the channel entirely

4. I'm deleting JTBC's channel

5. "Freedom of expression"ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They're really buying into their own bullsh*t? So you're okay with freedom of expression even if it means distorting history and hitting the victims in the chest again????? They're just psychopaths. Do you think killing people twice is a freedom of expression?

6. Episode 1 and 2 has already distorted history so much, just scrap it!!!

7. Let's boycott the channel!!!!

8. With they statement, they made me want to boycott the channel all together

9. For real, why would I watch a drama when my husband was tortured and died for the democracy movement, when here, they're portraying the same democracy activist but giving her a love story with a spy???? You've already outed yourselves crazy f*ckers

10. "To make a story line with a connection to North Korea is already in itself distortion of history" (T/n: NSA gave the excuse to torture student under the pretext they were North Koreans, there were no actual North Korean issues during the democratization movement)

[theqoo] THE LIST OF ADVERTISERS THAT PULLED OUT IS INCREASING

T/N: In red = pulled out

image.png

image.png

Let's keep the fire up

1. Disney + is the biggest issue here, we need to crush it

2. If Disney+ didn't collect the production fees, it would've been an easy task

3. Disney+ is still there???

4. The moment Disney+ pulls out, it's over

5. I'm not going to stop f*cking calling them

6. What is Disney_ doing?

7. There are still a lot of businesses that haven't woken up

8. Fighting fighting

9. Let's decrease it even more

10. I just called them