Kim Hye Yoon

• I. Introduction

Kim Hye Yoon is a South Korean actress who starred in a number of shows and movies but gained an immense amount of popularity in Korea and overseas with the hit drama series "Sky Castle" in 2018 where she played Kang YeSeo. She impressed audiences even more with her following project the hit romantic comedy "Extraordinary You" in 2019.

II. Career

Kim Hye Yoon (김혜윤) was born in Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea, on November 10, 1996. Her acting debut started in 2013 through the Korean drama "Samsaegi" as a supporting role.

She would attend Konkuk University, one of Korea’s leading universities, as she received a full scholarship in 2015. From 2015 until 2018 she focused on her education and later graduated in the year 2019 as a Film Arts major. Some of her works were featured at various student film festivals.

Leading up to her college graduation in February 2019, her audition to "Sky Castle" became her critical career-making moment.

Quote from Kim Hye Yoon

“They told me to prepare for both the roles of Hye Na and Ye Seo. When I received the character introductions during the audition, I thought that Hye Na’s tough spirit would suit me better. I auditioned with this mindset, but the director chose me as Ye Seo. But Ye Seo was also pretty charming. I wonder which part of me the director saw as Ye Seo.”

The character of Kang Ye-seo, an ambitious but psychologically fragile high school student, was the first major TV role she has played since her debut in 2013 as a teenager.

"Sky Castle" recorded a 22.3 percent viewer rating, a record high for any cable channel drama series, propelled Kim Hye-Yoon to becoming a household name.

"This is how I started out as an actress, and I think I really made a good choice. I am so happy, especially these days."

For her role in "Sky Castle", she won the 55th Baeksang Arts Award in the “Best New Actress (TV)” category and the 27th Korean Culture and Entertainment Award for “Excellence Award, Actress in a Drama”. She would later co-star as Eun Dan-oh in the 2019 romantic fantasy television series, Extraordinary You, and her performance won her the 2019 MBC Drama Awards for “Best New Actress” and “Excellence Award, Actress in a Wednesday-Thursday Drama”.

Over the years, she has also been a part of many short films and web series including Secret Crushes Season 1, Drunkard, Supernatural?, Social Story – Tears of Job Seeker. Then in 2020, she was confirmed to star in the upcoming JTBC series Snowdrop, in which she reunited with the production team of the hit drama "Sky Castle".

III. Filmography

IIII. Flim

Year Title Role Notes
    2013 Hide and Seek Middle school girl Extra
    2015 Helios Park Woo-cheol's sister Extra
    2016 The Bacchus Nurse Extra
    2017 LadyMemoir of a Murderer young Maria
    2019 Another Child Jung Hyun-joo Extra
    2019 The Bad Guys: Reign of Chaos Oh Ji-yeon Cameo appearance
    2021 Midnight So-jung

IIIII. Short Film

Year Title Role Notes
    2013 Hello Seoul young Park Mi-ok Promotional short film produced for MIOGGI Hong Kong
    2015 You Can't Stop the Beat You Can't Stop the Beat Documentary film
    2016 Broken Hye-yoon 9th Konkuk Graduation Film Festival
    2016 The Road Not Taken Girl 9th Konkuk Graduation Film Festival
    2016 Chicken Run 9th Konkuk Graduation Film Festival
    2016 Deviation 25th Konkuk Film Festival
    2016 Spring Sky 25th Konkuk Film Festival
    2016 Ugly Day So-hyun 25th Konkuk Film Festival
    2016 Grasshopper Complex 26th Konkuk Film Festival
    2017 The Day I Hate to Go to School Lim Eun-jung 2nd Konkuk Univ. Film Major Graduation Film Festival
    2017 Suncheon Memory Yeon-oh 2nd Konkuk Univ. Film Major Graduation Film Festival
    2017 Claw Crane young Eun-ah 2nd Konkuk Univ. Film Major Graduation Film Festival
    2017 Interview 2nd Konkuk Univ. Film Major Graduation Film Festival
    2017 Lyrical World 2nd Konkuk Univ. Film Major Graduation Film Festival
    2017 Irreversible Isn't it 2nd Konkuk Univ. Film Major Graduation Film Festival
    2017 Say to You 2nd Konkuk Univ. Film Major Graduation Film Festival
    2017 Father's Face Park Hye-yoon 2nd Konkuk Univ. Film Major Graduation Film Festival
    2018 Dawn to Dawn Sun-young 2nd Konkuk Univ. Film Major Graduation Film Festival
    2018 BETTA Kim Jung-hyun 34th Korean Academy of Film Arts Graduation Film Festival
    2018 A Report on the Banality of Judgment Yoon-ji 29th Konkuk Film Festival
    2019 Yesterday Hye ji
    2019 Today Hye ji
    2019 Tomorrow Seul ji

IIIIII. Tv Series

Year Title Role Network
    2013 Samsaengi teenage Jung Yoon-hee KBS2
    2013 King of Ambition Girl at the bus stop SBS
    2013 I Can Hear Your Voice Kim Yeon-jin SBS
    2013 The Suspicious Housekeeper Bang Soo-yeon SBS
    2013 My Love from the Star young Yoo Se-mi SBS
    2014 Wang's Family young Wang Ho-bak KBS2
    2014 Bad Guys Oh Ji-yeon OCN
    2014 Pride and Prejudice Kang Han-na MBC
    2015 Punch Cho Kang-jae's daughter SBS
    2015 A Daughter Just Like You young Ma Ji-sung MBC
    2015 The Return of Hwang Geum-bok young Hwang Eun-sil SBS
    2015 Hidden Identity young Jang Min-joo tvN
    2015 Mrs. Cop Runaway girl SBS
    2016 Mystery Freshman University student SBS
    2016 The Doctors High school girl SBS
    2016 Cinderella with Four Knights Convenience store cashier tvN
    2016 Shopping King Louie Song Yeon-ah MBC
    2016 Legend of the Blue Sea Jang Jin-ok's daughter SBS
    2017 Guardian: The Lonely and Great God The young version of a widowed old lady tvN
    2017 Three Color Fantasy - Queen of the Ring Sitting woman MBC
    2017 Tunnel young Kim Young-ja OCN
    2017 Radiant Office Bad girl MBC
    2017-2018 Man in the Kitchen Jung Soo-ji MBC
    2018 Oh, the Mysterious young Kook Soo-ran SBS
    2018 Come and Hug Me Yeon-sil MBC
    2018 Let's Eat 3 Car accident patient's daughter tvN
    2018-2019 Sky Castle Kang Ye-seo JTBC
    2019 Extraordinary You Eun Dan-oh MBC
    2020 Record of Youth Lee Bo-ra tvN
    2020 Live On Seo Hyun-ah JTBC
    2021 Snowdrop Kye Boon-Ok JTBC

IIIIV. Web Series

Year Title Role Website
    2016 Secret Crushes Season 1 Actress KOK TV YouTube Channel
    2016 Secret Crushes Season 2 Kim Hye-yoon KOK TV YouTube Channel
    2016 Drunkard Shin Ho-jung KOK TV YouTube Channel
    2017 Secret Crushes Season 3 Kim Hye-yoon KOK TV YouTube Channel
    2017 Supernatural Shin Ho-jung KOK TV YouTube Channel
    2018 Social Story - Tears of Job Seeker Kim Hye-yoon JTBC News YouTube Channel
    2019 Secret Crushes Special Edition Kim Hye-yoon KOK TV YouTube Channel

IV. Videography

V. Awards

• Excellent Actress ("Extraordinary You") - 2019 MBC Drama Awards - December 30, 2019
    • Best New Actress ("Extraordinary You") - 2019 MBC Drama Awards - December 30, 2019
    • Best New Actress ("SKY Castle") - 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards - May 1, 2019

VI. Trivia

• Her fandom name is Hyeppy Ending.
    Quote from Star News

“To say a word about Hyeppy Ending, I am grateful to have fans who cheer me on happier, faster and more intensely than anyone else. I can’t believe that many people love me every time. I think it’s difficult to sincerely convey your feelings to someone. Since my fans do this and sincerely give me love every time, I am so grateful and get the thought that I definitely have to give love back. Thank you for being with me Let’s stay together in the future. ”

• After her role in Sky Castle, she landed a contract with Sidus HQ.
    • When she got drunk, the habit she often does is sleeping in the toilet.
    • She isn’t a “morning person.”
    • She often sports forehead bangs.
    • In an interview, she said the real "her" is a cheerful person who easily bursts into laughter.
    • Her nickname is Mamel Yeseo.
    Quote from Kim Hye Yoon

"I once wore something similar to My Melody like something pink with a big bow and white long socks. Then the audience said "It's like My Melody" And I got the name Mamel Yeseo".

• Her dimples are her charming point.
    • Her go-to drinks are iced coffee, strawberry latte and juice.
    • She hopes for a society that has diverse dreams and realizes them.
    • She supports the Youth sanitary pad support project.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.