Posts by JustWhatIThink

I literally said "according to fan lore", I can pull the receipts of their fans talking about UMG in relation to SM if you want

If that "fan lore" is really saying UMG begged to SM I can already guess those tweets/posts and such are irrelevants and barely got attention. If by fan lore you mean < 1% of people who like SuperM then sure

"betrayed" :pepe-back-away:

More like they know how much money K-Pop is bringing and are playing many sides now.

They decided to collaborate with Big Hit now since they have BTS and are now diversifying, they have huge potential.

Also, the one who asked (not begged wtf) SM about SuperM was Capitol Group which is one of their many subsidiaries, not UMG directly.

The amount of disinformation on this lol, I know you are trolling but at least try.

I really loved the song as usual, better than Wakey Wakey but I'll need some time to think if I prefer it to Chain. The MV is like really really cheap even for japanese cb standards but at least the transitions and the camera movements are pretty cool. Can't wait for the rest of songs from Loveholic because for the moment both Gimme Gimme and First Love are solid bops.

by this logic superm, seulrene, exo-sc are all 4th gen groups ;(

the concept of nct was established in 2016 so therefore they are a 3rd gen group no ifs ands or buts

WayV is a subunit of NCT and they are 4th gen. Only Winwin and Ten debuted before 2018 there and the subunit debuted on 2019. That's like saying the next NCT unit with a lot of new members would be 3rd gen because they are part of NCT lol. NCT as a brand may be 3rd gen but as a group some of their units are and will be 4th gen.

he still has a ghost company called Lake Planning 100% owned by Lee Soo man. Every year 44% of SM's operating profit goes to this company. No matter how much money humans have they will still want more more more

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…-in-embezzling-activities

And people talk about how SM has been "on deficit" lately as a drag to their groups lmao, like no shit, covid situation + LSM being shady and stealing a big part of it + SM investing on a shit ton of not cheap things.

LSM being shady with money is not new really, I do not think it's comparable to what YHS has done but LSM, with his good actions, good relationships with idols and all is pretty much the average "evil capitalist" shady with money, obssesed with the future stuff and all, he's not saint and everybody who stans any SM group for some time knows that. I do think that man is side-faced though, it's amazing how he's so close to so many idols and a lot of them seem to have a great relation with him yet he's so sneaky and shady when It comes to money.

Who said about doing a GP friendly music? They can get lucky with one hit too with their own musical style. Kick It did decently, that wasn't a GP friendly song.

Kick It did amazing on bringing attention, popularity among idols, is iconic and had a lot of impact, I do consider it a hit among Korea for Kpop standards but people Will only look at charts when mentioning a hit, specially Melon which is a unique listeners fest rn, and NCT music is not made for charts, much less for depending on how likable it will be for people on their 30s,40s and higher.

Do you think SuperM was more to get older fans into NCT, since most of the group is NCT anyways? Or do you think it's equal? I don't love SuperM, but some of their songs are a bop, but like you I'd prefer my bias group to make a comeback.

I think SuperM was more like a group that SM created to make some noise on the west, make connections, benefit of their relationship with Capitol group, another group to make money from touring, a group that represents all the aces or how talented SM artists are to make their brand stronger, etc, etc. Yes obviously NCT could benefit the most from it among EXO and Taemin/Shinee but I don't think It was their main purpose, just one of many. I do think it has showcased the talent of Kai, Baekhyun and Taemin as well tho, WayV members are the ones that were being done dirty imo.

4/7 members of SuperM are from NCT so no wonder we kind of support them the most. There are NCTzens who don't care about SuperM and others that really like the group's dinamics and music, personally, I like some of their songs but it's true I don't like the group and their sound as much as the NCT units (which is very hard to do anyways). I support them bc I like most of their music but yeah I'd prefer a NCT cb any day.

Honestly I don't understand the lack of a "national hit" criticism, NCT ain't gonna change it's sound to appeal to the GP because that's against what NCT as a brand has done for almost 5 years. It would be cool and all to have one and it gives you bragging rights for Stan twt but NCT didn't need a national hit to already become very big. They only really needed a very big fandom who support then and what's marvelous it's there are still a lot of people that haven't diacovered them precisely because they aren't BTS/BP level popular or has a huge hit, but the ones that discover them... If you like NCT's music, you REALLY like it, same as the members. One of the biggest strengths of NCT to have such buying and stanning power it's their music, but it's also one of the things that hold them back when It comes to getting super popular because it's not for everyone and it's not radio hit material because It doesn't try to, their songs are a lot more oriented to showcase performance and musical uniqueness than to show how catchy the song is, it's their trademark.

"China needs to lift the ban on Korean culture"

EH... the ban has been lifted long ago, before corona kpop groups were planned to do fanmeetings there

that his groups don't appeal to the gp there like they used to its not the same case as its being banned

I'm pretty sure fanmeetings is the last thing LSM means when talking about the ban. Concerts for a start is the thing that if China would completely lift the ban would make not just SM but K-Pop much bigger.

are they? i'm mainly about snsd and exo so the only mvs i can think of are mr taxi and tempo.

Yes they are for the last like 5 years, with NCT it's actually insane if you think about it, there is always a car/motorcycle on the back somewhere, and even with EXO as well and not only Tempo; Obsession, Love Shot... modes of transport are everywhere. WayV first original song was Take Off with motorcycles, cars and dancing on a hangar in front of a plane... Sometimes they hide it better but there's always some xd

Even Red Velvet: Umpah Umpah, Ice Cream Cake, Zimzalabim kinda with the rollercoaster... I swear SM be having a complex storyline for all their groups that at the same time seem to be somewhat connected between them but it's so complex and abstract almost nobody tries to decipher it, although there are some teories here and there.

I love Cherry Bomb but have yet to have been able to get into many of their other songs, although I have tried by forcing myself to play nothing but their singles for a few hours while I work. I have issues enjoying the songs and trying to make myself remember their lyrics to sing along like I do with many groups. As per usual I am always open to song suggestions though.

if you like other SM groups I can't resist but to recommend you 127's 2nd mini album with the queen Limitless as title track, it's pretty much impossible you wouldn't like any song from there.

Yep NCT is like the name of the brand, the only fixed units so far are Dream, 127 and Wayv. Sometimes members from those units come together and release music under the alias NCT U, so far they did this twice, first in 2018 when their first album Empathy and again last year when they released Resonance (check it out, it was one of the best albums last year imo)

The fixed units have their own separate discographies and promote separately like regular groups.

I can recommend NCT content that might make it easier for you to get into them if you want.

They also did it when they debuted to introduce the NCT brand with 'The 7th Sense' and 'Without You', and sometimes when they do an OST with a random combination of members or they do an SMStation. On special ocassions pretty much.