I just want a count of people on here who were once BTS fans but not anymore after "Boy wit Luv".

• OP, you should also ask how many stanned BTS after BWL, that way, you have a clearer picture.

I’m looking forward for your essay on why you unstanned BTS soon!

I shall contribute to the clearer picture

I stanned BTS after Dynamite, it's a really nice song and makes me feel really happy. But the crown belongs to HIS ROYAL MAJESTY KING BUTTER!

• Imma rant since I do NOT stand for BWL slander.

K-pop has always been trying to copy trends from the US and Europe since its inception. South Korea was not releasing hip hop until the 90s when it originated in the 70s; and rock didn't get popular there until the 70s, and rock was popularized in the 50s.

So to sit here and try to downplay BTS's post-2018 work as something that's cheap commercial music just doesn't sit right with me. BTS did EDM (FIRE) and moombahton in 2016 (Blood Sweat & Tears), dubstep in 2017 (DNA), trap (Fake Love) and gqom in 2018 (IDOL). None of those are East Asian music genres in origin.

K-pop as an industry literally has traceable eras of musical influences wherein many groups release music under one umbrella genre.

In 2010-2012, it was all about big electro house.

2013-2015 was the time of cute/bright concepts and similarly bright pop music.

2016-2018 was all about moombahton and tropical house.

2020-21 was retro-inspired 80s synthpop.

Now we seem to be in a rock-inspired era with songs like Tamed-Dashed, Loser=Lover, 0X1=Lovesong, Tomboy, Rock with You, Still Life. That doesn't scream "selling out" to you?

Boy with Luv came at a time when cute concepts were not the norm, and it proved to be what they needed.

Plus I will always defend Boy with Luv, it got me through a rough time in my life. If a couple thousand fans left due to their "quality" dropping (really meaning you just don't like the song), thousands more joined because Persona is still their biggest from a sales perspective. And that's not me equating the arbitrary idea of quality to how much something sells, but that clearly people liked it in large enough numbers to still be consuming it 3 years after release.

I'm done.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• yes tell them

I am sick of reading these repetitive untanned essays which always seem to have only one reason WESTRINIZATION :boredr::boredr::boredr:

• i really cant understand that why people like Op always act like MAP OF THE SOUL 7 and BE does not exist or bts did not release black swan, ON, life goes on

OP plz feel free to tell me that what was commercial and westernized in above albums and songs??

• But at what cost?

you're trying too hard, and thank you to the people not taking the bait regardless of whether you're no longer a fan or otherwise :pepe-hips:

• Like but didn’t love. I mean compared to other pop hits I thought it was ok although not my thing.

They did try the hip hop sound once and I think the timing is right for hip hop edgy but also ballads.

I just hope they will do one single like Dynamite just for the award shows, radio etc and then an album for fans to buy. If that even makes sense.

I really hope they wont try to become too western because I like the Korean but it’s just my op.

This concern about them becoming commercial and and being too western is also a concern here in Korea in regards to the whole idol exemption law thing, people want the rules to be based on something tangible here or not pass the law period. Pride is a reason it seems silly to base your rules solely on the state of another country.

Second is the unforseen consequences. If exemption is get big in the US. Then evey company and group will just literally be nysnc 2.0 as every agency forces these already stressed out kids to become fluent in another language and then be super successful over there. And they would be forced to as these companies want to keep their revenue streams for as long as possible. Failing to get big in the US Would likely be a contract ender .

• The chockehold bts has over these ex fans are super duper strong. Unstanned them in BWL era and STILL talking about that in 2022. Can never learn how to move on.

• yes tell them

I am sick of reading these repetitive untanned essays which always seem to have only one reason WESTRINIZATION :boredr::boredr::boredr:

Kpop is Korean language on top of american and european musical influences. Just because no other act blew up to this scale doesn't mean that kpop companies weren't trying to aim for the US market over 12 years ago. miss me with that bullshit

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!