Former gg member discusses the mistreatment she experienced as an idol including being expected to put up with sexual harrassment

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I wish there were more protections in place for idols, especially since so many of them start out so young and vulnerable. :(

• I've said this before,but there really should be laws implemented to protect the rights and...well,lives of these idols and trainees.Being a minor subjected to this kind of power abuse is sickening.

• The reality is that this happens in the world, and unfortunately this is happening to many of our favorite idols, the smaller the company or the more nugu they are, the more it probably happens.

We just don't hear about it a lot, until these type of stories come out once in a while.

From minors being dressed in sexy clothing by companies, to being hired to perform in private parties with little control, to being told they have to be "friendly" with their fans. We the fans pretend that type of shit does not happen since there is very little we can do about it.

• Well, this thread got much shorter. Good riddance.

Anyway, I feel bad for young idols in this industry who may not feel like they have the power or options to deal with mistreatment like this. It's bad enough that a lot of people won't support teens who are being oversexualized publicly. Think about what they put up with behind the scenes.

• That user who tried to justify this can kick rocks, honestly. Gave them a 2-week ban. Moved those posts and the quoted posts elsewhere because, quite frankly, it was disturbing. I'm not covering up for them. I just think such a problematic and dangerous take has no place in public view here or anywhere else. And yes, I take serious action when it comes to those instances.

On topic, I think these 7-year contracts need to go or at least there should be laws in place to make it easier for idols to opt out without feared consequences. I believe there were some legal changes being made to protect underage idols, but I fear that's not enough. There have been too many stories like this often coming from smaller companies, so they don't really get enough attention.

I actually mentionedthe same thing about the contracts in the thread about underage idols debuting. I don't think 15 year olds should be locked into 7 year contracts. They should be able to leave without heavy financial consequences. At least give them the option after a few years. If they had the power to leave, maybe companies would treat them better and also make sure to select people who they truly think are ready.

• Idk why people deny the basic facts of the industry when there are so many testimonies out there

Well, this thread got much shorter. Good riddance.

Anyway, I feel bad for young idols in this industry who may not feel like they have the power or options to deal with mistreatment like this. It's bad enough that a lot of people won't support teens who are being oversexualized publicly. Think about what they put up with behind the scenes.

did someone go ham gain here?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That user who tried to justify this can kick rocks, honestly. Gave them a 2-week ban. Moved those posts and the quoted posts elsewhere because, quite frankly, it was disturbing. I'm not covering up for them. I just think such a problematic and dangerous take has no place in public view here or anywhere else. And yes, I take serious action when it comes to those instances.

On topic, I think these 7-year contracts need to go or at least there should be laws in place to make it easier for idols to opt out without feared consequences. I believe there were some legal changes being made to protect underage idols, but I fear that's not enough. There have been too many stories like this often coming from smaller companies, so they don't really get enough attention.

I luckily didn't see those posts, but that sounds really messed up and I think you did the right thing in handling that situation.

I agree with that. There needs to be more in place to protect the idols, I'm just scared it won't happen. So many idols get treated so poorly and the companies getting away with it boils my blood so much!

That was one of the grossest takes I've EVER read on this site. OMG. Re-think extending that please.

EDIT: I totally support you moving them - 100% disturbing

person deserved what they got, that was unacceptable. I can't even.

and I agree, i think underaged Idols shouldn't be stuck in a long contract, maybe a couple years so they can determine if this really is the lifestyle/career they want and be able to leave without consequences if not or they don't agree with something. I get that they train hard to eventually debut, but training is probably vastly different than actually debuting, and may not be what they thought it would be.

I also don't think anyone underage should be put into questionable situations it doesn't matter if they are okay with it or not, it just creates something they don't deserve at a young age.

• interesting

I wonder what practical things can be done to stop such a thing...

obviously behaviour from those in power needs to change but what about the idol themselves being subjected to all of that? I've always said you can't change another person unless they want to change...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!