Anon review #2 Why is 4th gen boy groups so boring?

• OP:The 4th gen girl group battle is interesting and intense and has everyone hyped up but boy groups are boring and no one cares but why? discuss

Guest 1:There’s only 3 relevant 4th gen bgs… en, skz, txt They have no competition tbh

Guest2:Its pretty obvious less bgs are debuting from relevant companies and the their isn't much to debate in terms of who's more popular tho bg stans do try.

Guest 3:Music is monotonous - skz's title tracks are all starting to sound the same plus there's a lot of mid tier boy groups pushing the same sound so it get's boring.

TXT and enhypen don't have enough personal charisma regardless of good songs. Enhypen in particular because of their lacking vocal talent - music sounds flat after all the processing.

Guest 4: "Enhypen in particular". Enhypen is much better at vocals than TXT, shut up if you don't know shit.

Guest 5:no charisma, no hits

Guest 6: Because unlike ggs, the bgs have set leaders already. Nobody is touching skz, en and txt in terms of success and popularity. While with ggs it's still unknown who is on top so that's why it's more fierce there

Guest 7:because no 4th gen bg is making any noise

Guest 8: GGs fights were always more intense, because gg stans aren't only in their groups business, but in others too.

During 3rd gen, apart for EXO vs BTS for around 3 years, which other BGs fanwars were a stand out?

It has nothing to do with the groups, they are fine.

Guest 9: skz are the only interesting ones to me, no offence.

Guest 10:

Agree on this. With those groups it's always the same sound, same concept etc. .

Back then you had

- Shinee

- Bigbang

- Ikon

- B2ST

- BTOB

- Winner

Those groups did well on the charts where 4th gen boy groups can't even crack Gaon top 100.

Guest 11: no its because all the boys are on same level and no one has broken out yet with anything exciting. There are multiple girl groups killing it hence why there's more conversation around them

Guest 12:

Do u even know the meaning of charisma? 😂 It’s compelling attractiveness attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others. Enhypen was able to sell millions of albums. Become a million seller in less than a yr. Amass massive supporters in a yr of their career. Their social media followers are top 3, top 2 even in Twitter despite few yrs younger than TxT & SKZ They have already beaten a lot of their seniors on that. And their social engagements is either top 1 or top 2 . They are still top 1 in having the most monthly listeners (8M plus) despite being inactive for almost two months now. They are on their blank period.

Most charismatic grps usually have massive supporters & haters. So yeah, keep hating coz it will only make them even more popular.

Guest 13: Because boy groups are above the girl groups' league so while y'all fight about whicu gg charted better on genie, boy groups are busy making history on billboard

Guest 14: People are still interested in kpop? Both gg and bgs have become boring to me

OP

Thoughts?

• it depends on what you count 4th gen, and what you like. i think i picked most of my faves pretty well because they're never boring to me. but also there are some boy groups with some really good songs.

• I feel like if you're counting all the girl groups (by which I mean gidle, itzy, aespa, stayc, ive, and nmixx) even though they are all ahead of each other in different ways... then I suppose you need to count all the boy groups (by which I mean stray kids, the boyz, ateez, txt, enhypen, and treasure) and would you look at that it's the same number. :pepepizza:

• well it's because the big 3 and hybe already released their bg's and the competition is somewhat clear while in gg's the big companies just recently released their groups that make kpop stans wonder how they'll affect the competition with the existing leading groups

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!