My Universe or Butter, which song is a bigger hit globally?

• Thought of it after seeing this tweet

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MU seems to be a bigger success in certain western countries than Butter and even has better longevity on Spotify, especially after Coldplay started their world tour, but overall I think Butter is bigger.

What do you think?

• I would say I heard both songs on the radio the same amount but the people around me loved Butter. My uncle especially loves the remixes. That's why I would say Butter.

Especially since Shazam also isused by fans to push the song, I don't think that can be an indication of the bigger hit.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• MU longevity is very impressive. As you said it's doing better in some western countries, MU was played on the radio a lot where I live unlike Butter.

Butter is much bigger in Japan and Korea though. It's even a bigger hit than Dynamite in Japan, IIRC?

MU will need some time to catch with Butter spotify streams because Butter's start was much stronger. We will see which one will be the fastest to reach 1 billion streams....

• I would say I heard both songs on the radio the same amount but the people around me loved Butter. My uncle especially loves the remixes. That's why I would say Butter.

Especially since Shazam also isused by fans to push the song, I don't think that can be an indication of the bigger hit.

In MU's case though there is more gp than fandom so its shazams are also more impressive in that sense.

• I’ve heard non-fans around me mention and sing both but I would say MU slightly edges it over Butter, not just due to its longevity on the Global Top 50 but also the frequency of me hearing it being played or sung in public. However, what I’m saying here could be anecdotal.

• In MU's case though there is more gp than fandom so its shazams are also more impressive in that sense.

Does Asia use shazam a ton?
    cause if not than it would make sense since well for example. Butter is bigger in asia (especially in the two biggest asian music markets (japan and Korea)). so in most asian countries it still has the GP but if Asia doesn't shazam as much as western countries it won't benefit from that.

Anyway both are massive hits. MU does better Spotify longevity which is amazing to see honestly and others have said. Butter has a bigger peak but MU is likely to have more longevity. Kings of creating different kinds of hits.

• Butter is bigger in the East, MU is bigger in the west. Spotify is still predominantly a western app so it makes sense for MU to do better than butter. But butter’s longevity on Asian charts, YouTube and even AM is still better than MU and the fact that butter is older than MU imo is more impressive. Also if I’m not mistaken Butter is still more successful than MU in the US so this is easy.

Butter>>>>MU

• Depending on what you consider more essential to a definition of hit. If it's bigger hype and bigger peak then it's obviously Butter, cause fans were loud af and fandom sell power worked perfectly well as usual, it's typical fandom driven song with streaming goals and all that stuff. If it's bigger longevity then it's definitely My Universe, especially considering that it's more gp driven and fandom wasn't as focused on it in comparison to Butter, also it wasn't as much and as loudly pushed and promoted by bighit in comparison to Butter. Personally I am on side of MY, cause it's definitely more impressive for me when a less pushed by bighit song does so good or even better in comparison to pushed song released just few months before.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!