Blackpink's akgaes may be one of the reasons why they more focus on their individual schedule

• Tldr

Blackpink even from their debut era having more akgaes compare to the other groups. Jennie was always expected to be the popular one and the pushed member because she had that rep as "YGs princess" since predebut. Then Lisa as the first female idols from SEA that get into the big company already get support from Thailand and SEA fans. Lisa and Jennie stans against each other immediately and that kinda led the way for the fans of the other two girls as well. People hated that Jisoo seemed to get shafted and then people started talking about Rose getting mistreated and the fandom never really recovered. I think it was almost inevitable from the start that Blinks were going to be torn as a fandom moreso than groups normally are, at least that's how it seemed to me when Boombayah came out.

Therefore, even the smallest matter will be a debate and akgaes are very fond of exaggerating the situation. At each comeback, akgaes for each member attacked the other members to the point that their Instagram comments were full of insults from the solo stan. If you notice, if Bp is involved in a scandal, the harsh one mostly coming from the solo stan of their own group. For example when Jennie's lazy scandal and Lisa's durag scandal.

There are also solo stan that boycott their albums and only want to spend money on their faves individual activities. Logically, Yg themselves benefit more from the girls individual activities. Rosé and Lisa's mini album outsold bp except their full album. Yg personally see that bp is more profitable individually than in groups because they have 4 main money makers rather than one with Bp as the group.

• Also find it amusing that your TL;DR has three paragraphs under it :pepe-hehe:

• I never thought of it in that order. Most people talk about BP having akgaes because they have so many solo activities but OP is right, they've always had an unproportionate amount of solo stans. Even in their debut year when they were as active as your average kpop group and didn't have many solo activities yet. Jennie hate was even worse during their earlier years than it is now

• I've heard the opposite argument - that BP has so many akgaes because YG effectively promoted them as individuals more than a group.

Yg always having 'individualistic promoting as a group' concept. That happen with Bb and 2Ne1 too. But, with the other 2 group, it is not as bad as Bp situation rn. The fact that both group still more profitable as a group than as a soloist to the company. But bp, on the other hand having really powerful solo fanbase to the point that each of them can outsold their own group. Yg see this as opportunity and akgaes supporting this ideas.

• Not really. YG is just different from sm, bighit or jyp. YG just has a different style of management where they don't block high profile brands (they do block the small ones) asking for one of them (no 'all or none' nonsense) and also give them solo music from the beginning. This is possible because yg doesn't give comebacks to their groups and them facing long hiatuses. This happens to every yg group. Ikon and winner basically vanish when they don't release music. Only blackpink is thriving under this management style because all the members are popular and sought after by so many brands. This also pushes yg to give solos to all members in bp unlike other yg groups except bigbang ofc. IIRC Yedam got a solo before treasure debut lol. That's how yg is run.

• besides the dumb fanwars between akgaes and akgaes dragging other members, actually I think focusing on their individual schedules work well for bp imo, i mean if they dont renew and go their separate their ways still they will do really well, also they all have incredible star powers, why not waste it?

• Fake, BP were truly loved as a group on their debut, Lisa wasn't the biggest either, buuut after having almost no cb, almost no content, fans started to not like just 1 member having schedule (even though it was few too) and the others being mia so the whole fight started here. A group with no music not being promoted even together? Yes, the chaos started with YGE doing the bare minimum to ones and doing nothing to others.

Even now i find YGE incompetent regardless the pinks. They have a huge potential as a group and individually but unfortunately it's like YGE abandoned the group career and their individual activities is lacking too. A whole mess.

• I've heard the opposite argument - that BP has so many akgaes because YG effectively promoted them as individuals more than a group.

It was always bad, but the moment Jennie got a solo before the group had a full album, the fandom never recovered. Now everything is a competition. The girls don't deserve it!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!