Quantitative tiers of kpop groups (+quantity vs quality)

• oh btw. I don't really agree with calling it "quality", cuz it's just critical acclaim, there are many songs/albums that go unnoticed cuz those people don't have enough popularity(I'm not talking just in kpop).

Are you sure?? I think KMAs don’t really look at the popularity of an act but rather the success of their music and from there they judge it. Obviously they won’t be able to skim through every song released that year, but I also understand their viewpoint. Most good songs tend to be successful on release since a lot of people end up liking it. That could be a good way of gauging or narrowing down on nominations faster. At least they’ll be able to cover more ground and give most good songs a chance to be heard before they are reviewed

PS: You can use OMG as an example

• Are you sure?? I think KMAs don’t really look at the popularity of an act but rather the success of their music and from there they judge it. Obviously they won’t be able to skim through every song released that year, but I also understand their viewpoint. Most good songs tend to be successful on release since a lot of people end up liking it. That could be a good way of gauging or narrowing down on nominations faster. At least they’ll be able to cover more ground and give most good songs a chance to be heard before they are reviewed

I agree for pop music and for KMAs SOTY category. For albums, artist and genre categories KMA obviously doesnt take popularity into account, otherwise some amazing folk albums wouldnt be out there winning AOTYs and kpop artists other than BTS would be getting album nominations.

And this is pretty irrelevent in the context of this thread, since all the groups here (except 4th gen maybe) are known enough in Korea to be on KMAs radar.

• Are you sure?? I think KMAs don’t really look at the popularity of an act but rather the success of their music and from there they judge it. Obviously they won’t be able to skim through every song released that year, but I also understand their viewpoint. Most good songs tend to be successful on release since a lot of people end up liking it. That could be a good way of gauging or narrowing down on nominations faster. At least they’ll be able to cover more ground and give most good songs a chance to be heard before they are reviewed

I 100% agree that it would be very hard for them to skim through thousands of songs, that's why I said it should be called 'critical acclaim' not 'quality'. Example "Dolphin" by OMG(the song deserves the nom and I might even say a win), would it got a nom if not IU showing it to people and then people liking it to the point that it charted like crazy? Would they even consider OMG song for nom if not it's huge popularity? You see where I'm going with this? There might be awesome song that would get insta nom but it's not popular enough.

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• I 100% agree that it would be very hard for them to skim through thousands of songs, that's why I said it should be called 'critical acclaim' not 'quality'. Example "Dolphin" by OMG(the song deserves the nom and I might even say a win), would it got a nom if not IU showing it to people and then people liking it to the point that it charted like crazy? Would they even consider OMG song for nom if not it's huge popularity? You see where I'm going with this? There might be awesome song that would get insta nom but it's not popular enough.

Oh I didn’t know it got promoted.

But still there are acts winning awards in KMA we barely know off and BTS loosing to indie artists, so my point still stands that they are the closest thing to fairness we’ll see in Korean music award shows

• Oh I didn’t know it got promoted.

But still there are acts winning awards in KMA we barely know off and BTS loosing to indie artists, so my point still stands that they are the closest thing to fairness we’ll see in Korean music award shows

I agree that KMA is subjective but fairy award show, but you can't say that songs by other artists are not 'quality' cuz the songs didn't get the nom. That's why I don't like the label 'quality vs quantity'.

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• I agree that KMA is subjective but fairy award show, but you can't say that songs by other artists are not 'quality' cuz the songs didn't get the nom. That's why I don't like the label 'quality vs quantity'.

Music is already a subjective taste. And I do understand what you’re saying. The best thing to do will be to give all awards to every act. But that also goes against the meaning of an award and it won’t get much respect. That’s why we leave it up to the more experienced music lovers and experts to judge. :wellr:

• Music is already a subjective taste. And I do understand what you’re saying. The best thing to do will be to give all awards to every act. But that also goes against the meaning of an award and it won’t get much respect. That’s why we leave it up to the more experienced music lovers and experts to judge. :wellr:

You know what I would love? Detailed explanation from every member why they think their song/album pick should win. :eyes:

But it would be too much work for them.

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• KMA actually does that. They give explanations/comments for nominees.

Heres the comments for MOTS7 Album or the year nomination for example: http://koreanmusicawards.com/project/%eb%b0%a9%ed%83%84%ec%86%8c%eb%85%84%eb%8b%a8-map-of-the-soul-7-2/

I know, I've read some of them but I'm talking about every member that voted for the song/album to win. Like was it the message in the song or maybe the music was just that good.

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• I know, I've read some of them but I'm talking about every member that voted for the song/album to win. Like was it the message in the song or maybe the music was just that good.

That would be nice to see for all awards with any jury component :danceb:

But at least KMAs have more transparency than most here.

• Well then. This makes your existence on akp pretty redundant then :pepe-clown-gear:

O.......kay, You feel that way because you have a problem with me, guess you got tired of me calling out on your BS.

Also,

What you said Didn't make much sense.

Edit :- I don't know why (now I am directly calling out y'all) lots of ARMYs have problem with me, I ain't even do shit. I don't even openly fight with anyone here, there are lot of things I could have said considering the harassment I suffered back when I was new.

No Filter.

Edited 2 times, last by daniel-cruz ().

• Really, then how are you always calling your opinion on Exo's music FACT?

Screenshot_20210220-140841_Chrome.jpg

Atleast OP used data based on KMAs which is as unbiased, objective and expert we can get on quality of music.

Oh come on, Context is different.

I only called FACTS about R&B part not the whole music, not that I recall but feel free to dig deeper into my threads and analyze my statements and highlight my mistake, I would be happy to correct it.

Also, On the last part, I disagree.

No Filter.

Edited once, last by daniel-cruz ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!