BTS has a concert for 15,000 at the Chamshil Olympic Stadium while IU cancels it.

• (I prefer to use the older spelling and will use it throughout.)

BTS will have a concert at the Chamshil Olympic Stadium, which normally can house up to 55,000.

BTS' last concert there had 45,000 for 3 days. (The full capacity is rarely used in concerts because of the stage settings, etc.)

When it had a concert at the Sofi stadium last December, apparently it filled its 70,000 seats 4 days.

However, the K-O-R-E-A-N-S , with the law and order candidate Yoon Seokyoul likely to win the Presidential Election in two weeks and one of his first actions would be whisking Kim Seokjin away to the Military, are showing a much less lenient approach on concerts.

For the facility, the K-O-R-E-A-N-S are only allowing 15,000 out of a concert capacity of 45,000, even though Los Angeles had no trouble putting in 70,000 in a football stadium.

As a result, BTS will have the smallest capacity of anyone who had a concert at there, 15,000 each day. (The lowest record had been held by the balladist Lee Seunghwan who sold about 22,000 out of 30,000 seats scheduled.)

That led to the Singer who owns a $11.7 million condo to cancel her concert at the Chamshil, because she probably intended to fill it but the K-O-R-E-A-N authorities won't allow it. Her last concert at the Gymnastics Arena had 17,000 so she would hold less fans while performing in a bigger venue.

The Chamshil should have been renovated from 2020 but the suicide of the Mayor of Seoul after he was found to have sexually harassed interns postponed the renovation to I think around 2023. Once it is held it will last for 3-4 years if everything goes right.

That means if the Singer who contributed virtually nothing to Kpop's world conquest cannot hold a concert at the Chamshil this year she won't be able to hold it till at least around 2027, when she is 34 (human age) or 1,350 (since she might have been born during the T'ang dynasty of China around the year 680) years old.

Performing at the Chamshil is the greatest honor for any singer in K-O-R-E-A, and it seems the authorities finally realized it is not correct for a domesticist who can NEVER hold an arena concert, let alone a stadium one, outside of K-O-R-E-A to rise to the same level with the honored levels reached by BTS and EXO. (BTW the Effective Owner of Edam Entertainment is the first female singer ever to have attempted a concert there.)

• An official from the Seoul Metropolitan Government told Wikitree, “We handled the administrative process when they (IU) made the request. We can’t give any details, but I think they made the request due to the recent spike in COVID confirmed cases.”

From which part of the above did you jump to this conclusion

it seems the authorities finally realized it is not correct for a domesticist who can NEVER hold an arena concert

The request to cancel came from IU, not any authorities.

I guess it must be a persistent concussion, that you make such conclusions.

• She probably intended to do at least 25,000 / day, but they allowed only 15,000/day to BTS and less to her.

What choice would she have when she gets to do a concert in the biggest venue of the country and would admit less than what she had on her 2019 concert at the Gymnastics, about 17,500 / day, on the day Goo Hara died?

• She probably intended to do at least 25,000 / day, but they allowed only 15,000/day to BTS and less to her.

What choice would she have when she gets to do a concert in the biggest venue of the country and would admit less than what she had on her 2019 concert at the Gymnastics, about 17,500 / day, on the day Goo Hara died?

It is all in the way you phrase it.

Do you have any info that they are allowing less for her than for BTS and whether that's related to the surge in COVID cases?

Anyway, it is what you do, put your own spiel on any information about her.

Some times it is classy, but often it falls short.

• The random line about being born during the Tang Dynasty CRACKED ME UP lol. Made me think about Jang Man Wol, man i LOVED that K drama, the only K drama i ever finished or could watch for more than one episode.

• That means if the Singer who contributed virtually nothing to Kpop's world conquest cannot hold a concert at the Chamshil this year she won't be able to hold it till at least around 2027, when she is 34 (human age) or 1,350 (since she might have been born during the T'ang dynasty of China around the year 680) years old.

Bruh

:pepe-life-support:

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• IF BTS is only allowed 15,000/day it is unlikely that they would allow more for her.

• Didn't she cancel it because of Covid cases or maybe she wasn't ready to give such a big concert?

Also don't compare the Americans who some don't give a crap about this virus.

🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸
    🌸Archiveofourown.org/users/JeannieGhost🌸

💟 My Fanfics

• Didn't she cancel it because of Covid cases or maybe she wasn't ready to give such a big concert?

Also don't compare the Americans who some don't give a crap about this virus.

Despite the crazy way Whyknock presents it. I think she made a sensible decision.

COVID is spiking in S.Korea. And even if she goes ahead with it, they are allowing only a small capacity, as Whyknock mentions only 15000 for BTS.

Which kind of defeats the point of having a large concert. 15000 she can do it anywhere anytime and does not need Jamsil.

Also if doing full capacity 60000+, it would need a percentage of i-fans to travel in from at least Japan/Taiwan/Korea etc. to make it worthwhile.

That is also a challenge due to pandemic.

BTS is choosing to go with 15000, that too might depend on how the cases spike/reduce. IU since she had not even announced it, has chosen to cancel.

• It wouldnt make much sense for her to hold it in such a big avenue from a financial standpoint with attendance being so limited.

I doubt BTS will make much profit from their korean concerts with only 15k in such a huge avenue, id guess its more for their fans in korea and they can obviously afford it.

For IU to postpone it and hold it later, is the best for her.

For BTS it will be one of the few chances they have to perform for their korean fans and a good practice run for their overseas concerts as well.

• Actually I agree. BTS' concert for 45,000, which would have been at least 75,000+ if K-O-R-E-A had been less restrictive and probably 150,000+ if the K-O-R-E-A-N authorities had been like the Los Angeles authorities, is more like a fan service thing with probably a net loss for Hybe.

Since Lee Jieun is the only singer in Edam Entertainment she can ill afford the losses, and she (it is she who makes the decision) probably decided it is not worthwhile to have a smaller concert in a bigger venue and wait till at least 2025 when she would be about 1,346 years old.

• The random line about being born during the Tang Dynasty CRACKED ME UP lol. Made me think about Jang Man Wol, man i LOVED that K drama, the only K drama i ever finished or could watch for more than one episode.

at My Mister she said she had 500 incarnations, so assuming an age of 60 each incarnation, she estimated that she is actually 30,000 years old.

• Plus they;re livestreaming 2/3 of the days with the 3rd day being in cinemas so they will gain money from that (espeically the live viewing in cinemas)

• Plus they;re livestreaming 2/3 of the days with the 3rd day being in cinemas so they will gain money from that (espeically the live viewing in cinemas)

Yeah, a single cinema ticket for BTS costed me 25 freaking euro :mad::mad::mad: They are making millions with it :mad::mad::mad:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!