I'm getting sick of SM's obsession with lipsync

• Sorry, but they have the best vocalists in the game, there's no reason why they should be imposing this on every...single....performance.?

I love my girls aespa, and we all know they all strong vocals, so why hide them behind some useless backtrack?

Even Taeyeon, who everyone knows is one of the best vocalists in KPOP atm has to use lipsync for her music shows :facepalm:

I understand if the choreo is difficult but alot of the times they're still lipsyncing even when the choreo is as easy as 1,2,3 like ENOUGH.

• Yeah it sucks big time. The worst thing is with SM being such a powerful company with talented artists, relying on LS sends a message that everyone else will follow: there's no disadvantages to LS. So if SM do it why should same level companies or smaller ones attempt to sing live? There's nothing gained from singing live.

• it is an insult to their idol's talent. I have some of the best vocalists and they sang live before so i know they can do it. i don't understand SM's obsession with lipsync. The music shows and so-called live performances are always disappointing because of this

• Well, apparently Taeyeon will decide herself what show she'll sing live and where she won't, since she'll appear at Killing Voice, where artists usually sing like 10 or more performance for half an hour straight? (I'm not familiar with Killing Voice, so I could be wrong)

Here's an appetizer, her long chain of Killing Voice performances will be accessible at Feb 22, if I'm correct.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But if history is any reliable, then no doubt there'll be K-pop fans that will state completely serious that Killing Voice performances were only live in the past and that now, suddenly, now that Taeyeon does it it's fully lipsynced - just like they did with other shows, like Sketchbook where they used the show to 'prove' how great their own biases' live singing was, but as soon as SNSD appeared on the show, suddenly they claimed it was all lipsync...

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited once, last by FoReveries ().

• I don't care much about whether idols do lipsyncing , but I would like to hear a live Aespa performance at some point. Just because I love Winter's voice, and I'd love to hear it live.

Hopefully, one day they'll go on Skethbook and give us some acoustic versions where their vocals can shine. Like how BP (who is a performance based group) gave us Sure Thing.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I've already seen tweets saying stuff like Taeyeon is the usual talentless SM idol so if course she needs LS for her perf on mnet :pepefacepalm:

I said how LS has warped people's perception of actual live singing and now we're seeing the clowniest of clowns going after Taeyeon of all idols singing ability.

• Every day there's someone talking about this and SM is sleeping. We should send trucks I tell you.

Don't forget "aespa are lip-syncing encores" because there was a backtrack. And they all thought aespa started backtracks in encores when it used to be included occasionally with all groups but no one cared (aespa's vocals even overpowered the bt lol).

lt64IYu.gif

• I've already seen tweets saying stuff like Taeyeon is the usual talentless SM idol so if course she needs LS for her perf on mnet :pepefacepalm:

I said how LS has warped people's perception of actual live singing and now we're seeing the clowniest of clowns going after Taeyeon of all idols singing ability.

It's funny that anyone who lip-syncs now is deemed a bad singer even a legend like Taeyeon but then you see other idols that are non-vocalists with weak singing get praised just because it's live. If I was a company and had idols in this gen I would let them sing live all the time even if they sound bad because of the clout and hype that comes with it. People are desperate for it literally. SM is so stupid for neglecting the importance of this.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• With taeyeon she probably doesn’t want to

Y’all need to stop projecting that veteran idols are being “forced” to do anything at SM :pepepizza:

I don't think they're "forced" either but when the system works like that most idols would just accept it and go along with it. I am sure she can say no I want to sing live if she wants to but initially the direction encourages lip-syncing when they give her a non-working mic and keep taking multiple camera shots. This reminds me of 2PM Taecyeon laughing at himself saying he was passionately singing but his mic was off anyway. It's the default setting now with most groups and those who want to sing live had to at least speak up.

lt64IYu.gif

• I don't think they're "forced" either but when the system works like that most idols would just accept it and go along with it. I am sure she can say no I want to sing live but initially the direction encourages lip-syncing when they give her a non-working mic and keep taking multiple camera shots. This reminds me of 2PM Taecyeon laughing at himself saying he was passionately singing but his mic was off anyway. It's the default setting now with most groups and those who want to sing live had to at least speak up.

That’s got nothing to do with SM in particular or being forced. If she wanted she would have.

• I kinda think it’s the kpop fans’ fault in a way. The demand for perfect execution for every single performance is crazy. I remember BTS was trashed because once in a while you can here a voice crack here and there and they made it like it was the worst thing in the world (I only know BtS because I follow them, I’m sure the same were done on other idols that were not perfect). And knowing SM’s want for the “perfect and polished” idols image, I guess lip syncing is the best choice?

• That’s got nothing to do with SM in particular or being forced. If she wanted she would have.

That's what I said. If she wants she can ask for it but on default, it's going to be lip-synced unless she speaks up. How do I guess that? just look at the way they shoot these stages and the mics they prepare.

lt64IYu.gif

• i mean its partially kpop fans' fault. if idols don't live up to the standards they're literally dragged. also idrc with what they do LMAO as long as i like the actual song im fine.

• It's funny that anyone who lip-syncs now is deemed a bad singer even a legend like Taeyeon but then you see other idols that are non-vocalists with weak singing get praised just because it's live. If I was a company and had idols in this gen I would let them sing live all the time even if they sound bad because of the clout and hype that comes with it. SM is so stupid for neglecting the importance of that.

The thing is though we've seen what happens when idols can't sing but have to sing live and the results are a trainwrecks along with the backlash they get. Unless your group is strong vocally which is a rarity in this era then it might be better to let them LS so at least they sound stable. Everyone else is doing it including the big labels and it's not like the better singers inherently place higher on the charts. Plus it's much easier to debut a weak singer than find and train a good one.

Basically kpop is at a stage where it's easier and more efficient to LS than sing live. That's how sad things have gotten in kpop

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!